Nice headphone for spotify and hidisz sonata

Ok. I’m kinda confused. Them didn’t blow me away. Bass is there but is not present as i thought. Detail is incredible, for my opinion.
I’m thinking about returning them. And thinking about the DT770, but now that I heard such a detailed headphone I’m afraid that DT would not compete with them. What do you think?

What pads are you using? And also perhaps leave them playing a bit louder then normal for a night, as it is a biodynamic so they do have to break in. I would suggest at least keeping it and using it regularly for like 3 days to make sure before you decide to return them, as there have been headphones that I initially wasn’t too partial to then really liked after a couple days, but that depends on person to person.

I think you will have a similar experience with the 770 (even the 32 ohm), personally because I think they might need a bit more power, but that’s just me. If you don’t like them returning them is the best option

When I get home, I will compare my 770 250 ohm and nighthawk and see if the bass would be similar

Also seal is important to getting good subbass, so make sure you get a good seal on your head. Also possibly try plugging them into other headphones out you might have to see if it changes

Changed to velour pads and more time them play better them get…
Maybe it was just my initial impression

The bass will be better with the leather type pads. But yeah the biodynamic drivers get better with use initially

On the box says the opposite. Ultra suede for enchanched bass impact. Now im more confused lol

I have the Audioquest Nighthawk Carbons and I almost never use the leather pads. Too much treble for my taste. If you use the suede pads the bass should be more present. You can sometimes use EQ to bump the bass up a tiny bit, that always helps me when I want more boom boom.
Edit: Oh yeah I also forgot to say that these headphones do require some break in. Initially they sounded muddy and the treble was a bit harsh to me, but the sound seemed to clean up after a while.

Ah, I do eq in a bit of subbass so I that might be why I find the leather pads more bassy. I am also using the original nighthawks, so that might be another factor. But yeah for sure they like their burn in

Im gonna give then a chanche… Anyway i dont like to use any eq. Also if you can when you have some free time tell me the differences between dt and nighthawk… Thanks both of you!!!

Comparing them side by side, the 770 is wider and farther away sounding, but I think the nighthawk has a more “3d” or speakerlike presentation with it’s soundstage. The nighthawks strange signature is very present when you compare it to something more traditional sounding like the 770. I would actually say that the nighthawk can have more impact and extension with certain songs compared to the 770, but I think the 770’s bass is a bit more controlled with some music. If you give the 770 enough power, it can be boomier then the nighthawk, but idk if that’s a good thing or not. The midrange is sweeter on the nighthawk, but only for certain genre, where the 770 is a bit more traditional in that regard. For treble I think the nighthawk is darker and more laid back, where the 770 is a bit more forward in that regard. But that being said, the nighthawk is more detailed to my ears. The nighthawk is actually a bit easier to drive then the 770. Both are comfortable, but I think the comfort and build is nicer on the nighthawk, especially the cable. Overall the 770 is great but sounds more traditional, where the nighthawk is more unique and interesting sounding that some may prefer or not.

If you find that you don’t enjoy it after a couple of days, the 770 is a more traditional sounding headphone

Oh well I use the Carbon version so that has to be a factor as well. There were some modifications done to them compared to the original model.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking

The situation is getting better. Through my laptop them sound definetly better. Ill look for a better dongle (suggestion?) Dont want to buy a dap for spotify.
Anyway. Bass is more present. Very bright highs to me but never TOO bright. Them reach deep as i wanted.
Listened to halo soundtrack (like it because it has real instruments and electronic music too). Im surprised how detailed them are. And real instruments sound pretty realistic. Maybe im gonna keep them, even tho i dont see any other option. And i dont want to loose the detail i habe with these headphone getting de dt for example

What are you looking to spend budget wise for the portable dac/amp? Also glad you are liking them more :+1:

The less is better up to 200 but really… The less is better. I would like a standalone player with spotify (searched them time ago but found nothing) or just a dongle/something easy to use no screen or things because id hate it. Thats why i bought a dongle, because its perfect plug and play

Edit as you notice im not even try to speak good english because its too hard and ill waste too much time for the same result.

If you want a standalone player, the fiio m6 would be a great choice, but if you wanted a portable plug and play device, the iFi iDSD nano black label or the xduoo xd-05 would fit the bill

1 Like

The Audioquest Dragonfly (Red) is good if you want something really small. So is the one that M0N recommended. If you want something under 100 I would reccomend the Fiio E10K. Not huge but one of the best for price.
Edit: These are not players only dacs and amp/dacs.

At the 100 usd mark, the fiio q1 mk2 might be the better option imo.

The dragonfly red is also pretty good

1 Like

Ah I forgot about that one. I think that one is better. There’s also the Fiio K3 but not sure how it compares to Q1 Mk2. Only 10 extra USD.

I would assume that he would want portable, but the k3 is also nice, although I would really suggest paying the extra 50 usd for the fiio k5 pro if he needed a desk solution

2 Likes

Oooook things are getting complicated. But i like it.
Anyway i use my headphone on my phone just because i use spotify as a source, but i only use them at home, so portable is not really a necessary thing. Its just easier to use my phone than my whole laptop since the source is the same, expecially when i am on the couch.
For on the go use i have bose qc35 ii.
Anyway the k3 seems nice. But what are the differences between them? (K3/Q1) 100€ is on point.
Best thing would be a dac:
-Plug and play
-Pc or phone usb-c to usb-c into the dac to headphone.
The k5 pro for example since i have to power it up separately does not fit my my preferences, even tho it is 199€ here.
Something small would be better but not necessary.
But i think that bigger means to power it up separately, then no, wouldnt be ok.
And no i dont like the dragonfly, because i have to use a dongle to connect it to my phone and then is enough big to me to be considered a stand alone so then something s like those 2 is better and i think sound better as well, and cost the same.

1 Like