Nice headphone for spotify and hidisz sonata

The q1 mk2 would be the better option imo, as it puts out similar power to the k3 (sounds pretty similar imo)

Also what type of phone are you using? You would have to get a cable to connect the external dac/amp to use it. It will also drain your battery faster then the dongle you have now, so that is something to keep in mind

1 Like

OP 7 pro
type c as i said, but its fine if it drain my battery faster.
K3 needs power separately? Q1 no?

the k3 runs off of usb power as well. The q1 mk2 also has a built in battery and is more suited towards plugging into a phone, where the k3 is made more for desktop use

Except the dimension i dont get the differences between them. If both works with usb c idk if 1 is bigger than the other. Id go with the one that sounds better. Also if one has a battery means that would not drain my phone battery?

they are pretty much similar, so I would go with the q1 mk2 imo

hey mon i sent you a message. i figure your afk but if you can get back to me asap i’d appreciate it’

Sorry was sleeping back now

It seems that the Q1 Mk2 is better if you want something that can act as both a desktop solution and you can carry around as well. If you want something that is still relatively small and functions as a slightly better desktop solution, the K3 is probably better, but the major drawback is it is harder to carry around as a portable.
Zeos reviewed both. You can watch the videos for yourself and determine which you think would fit your needs better.
Tip: I always watch his videos in 1.5 to 2x speed on YouTube to save time since he talks a bit slowly and rambles.

The q1 mk2 is usb micro? And has a battery?
Meanwhile the k3 has an usb c, no battery? Right? And also sound is almost the same/slightly better in the k3?
If yes id go for the usb c. Because i really dont want any usb micro device in almost 2020.
That means it would drain my battery from my phone and my laptop the k3? Instead of charging my phone up as the q1? Correct me if im wrong.
Again ill not them use fort portable use. So the slighlty bigger case is not a problem.

So if you want type c the k3 would be the way to go, but you would need to buy an otg cable and also I don’t know how compatible it would be with mobile devices. The q1 mk2 has the battery so you can feed it with an analog source if you just want to use it as an amp. Both would drain the battery of your phone, but the k3 would drain it a bit more, and also I don’t know if the k3 works with a phone, since I have never tried it.

Why? Coundt i just use and usb c to usb c? Also my pc does have an usb c out so that would be the setup.

I mean the setup should be:
Source (Pc/Phone) -> USB-C to USB-C cable -> FiiO K3 -> Headphones.
I don’t use any other source, so i dont care about the analog thing. Even it is nice to have.
Ill look for the compatibily

I would worry about the phone not being able to provide enough power to the k3 through it’s usb out. Typically in a laptop or deskop, the usb ports are made to provide more power to usb devices, whereas in a phone, typically the usb port is for charging the device itself and not providing external power to the other device.

I would assume it would work, but I cannot confirm this. I only own the q1 mk2 which works fine on a phone

Even fiio itself doesnt suggest to use it as portable. Im sad. ::::::::frowning:

The ifi idsd nano black label is nice but is more expensive

My wallet hate you more than me.
Anyway let put the budget aside. So.
Going back.

No budget.

Best thing would be a dac:
-Plug and play
-Pc or phone usb-c to usb-c into the dac to headphone.

Suggestion other that one?

Edit: no budget BUT!!! remember: spotify as source. So anything too fancy would be useless.
And also 32ohm headphone.

That type c requirement is kinda hard to fulfill as alot of manufactures still use the type b usb unfortunately besides lower power devices. Most devices still have a type b for music transfer and/or charging

That ifi is a type a usb female input and you can use a camera style connector so you can adapt it to type c with ease. Also great mobile

I mean the q1 mk2 is a great device, but it does need to be charged and connected through type b, but there are many type c to type b “otg” cables to use

The Sabaj Da3 is type c, but would have similar power output to your sonata

Maaaaybe in this case an usb c to usb micro would do the job with the q1 and job done.
If you have the q1 is plug and play on android? And with the pc?

The q1 mk2 is plug and play on both android and pc for me. You might have to use drivers on pc if it doesn’t work initially To use it on android, you can get a cable like this

Also forgot to mention that the q1 mk2 has a decently prominent bass boost, which you might enjoy if you want more.

And just curious, are you liking the headphones?

Eeeeergh on my phone with the standard huawei dongle: sucks.
With my sonata hd (i changed the firmware!!! I didnt even know) great sound quality. I reaaaally like it. And i would talk more about it but in italian lol.
On my laptop almost the same as the dongle. Just a less more detail. Like really soooo tiny difference.
Im still listening to different type of music to understand better how them work.
For movies good but not as much with the music.
With my hifi and movies from netflix or games through optical cable. Nice.

Yeah the fiio will most likely help because of the extra power and better dac as well

But that’s good that you like them. How is the comfort? I think the build and comfort are pretty great, but it depends on the person