Night Oblivion - discussions

I’m just trying to point out the repetitive behavior from hbb hasn’t been appropriate many time, including this one. While the situation is quite genuine to begin with, the way it was approached was not the best. No one deserves to be defined by their past, but by who they are now. People make mistakes, but continued poor behavior is unacceptable.

6 Likes

I concur, the way he tried to call him out on frivolous concerns was not the best. But then, let us not resort to the same - there will not be any difference between us then, right?

4 Likes

Hey, Imma gonna jump back in for a minute in cos you guys are making some valid points.
One of Ry Cooder’s recordings has a bit pre …chatter and it goes something like this; you should be careful about throwing stones cos you might hit with a brick.
Moots says no one deserves to be defined by their past…I suppose it is a bit more complicated in reality.
I think if we acknowledge our mistakes and move to better ourselves that’s all the community we’re in should hope for right?
Just recently HBB has called himself out, on more than one occasion. I respect that. If you watch his channel you know. A few weeks ago here in this thread as well.
I’d bet it all that AS couldn’t have ever even imagined this much drama around his project.
It’s common these days social media raging, spontaneously taking up causes, some valid, others not so much.
The other day here I got caught up, and made a response that I don’t feel good about.
I felt I was being attacked …so I shut it down.
I apologise to Vividici, there is no excuse to hit like I did.
Like many of us here, I’d love for this thread to simply move on in a productive and POSITIVE manner.

7 Likes

Strange, a post to which I replied cannot be found anymore. Is it deleted? Posts can be completely removed now?

3 Likes

Just a friendly reminder please keep things civil and on topic, any more off topic or personal attacks will result in the post being removed followed by the poster seconds later.

Thank you the MOD team.

8 Likes

Thank you for all the effort placed, I am really considering the butastur my only gripe is the design( not really a blocking factor for me). Its not bad by any means just different tastes i suppose.

Therefore i wanted to ask you any idea when the second revision might surface? Has Jinny mentioned any timeline. Then i could decide on whether to wait for it as my next iem :blush:.
Thank you

2 Likes

Yea my post calling out HBB on his behavior got deleted. I didnt say anything profane or bad, kind of suspicious as to why someone flagged it.

2 Likes

No one deserves to be defined by their past, as long as they change for the better. Repetitive poor behavior is concerning.

3 Likes

Sure did and this’s why…

Because (a) it was off topic and (b) calling HBB racist is really stupid and inflammatory, I’ve been on this forum from pretty much day one and I’ve never seen him post or reviewed any posts by him that were flagged as racist plus he’s a white American living in Japan with a Japanese partner that doesn’t sound like a racist to me.

Anymore shit stirring and you’re gone, ain’t got the time or the patience for it so take that as a final warning.

3 Likes

Are there any comparisons between supernova and butastur?
idk which to buy

Quite a few, actually.

6 Likes

I’ll elaborate a bit further.

Why Supernova > Butastur?

• Supernova has a better coherence, which translates into a much better vocal performance and genre consistency/adaptability.
  • Better workmanship with the Abalone shell (personal taste), or any custom build you can ask them upon order
  • Excellent, natural timbre, almost DD-like
  • Balanced tuning, very versatile

Why Butastur > Supernova?

• Butastur has better technicalities than Supernova, especially resolution and layering
  • Much more comfortable than Supernova, especially with the bigger vent and smaller size
  • Adjustable tuning with switches (arguable, but I do change switch from time-to-time)
  • Cheaper, less waiting time to get

Overall, I still pick Supernova over Butastur if you ask me. But you’ll find me using Butastur more due to the comfort.

11 Likes

I wasn’t saying he “is”, not right now this instant. I was saying he has been, but also he has continued to behave poorly repitively as well. People can change for the better and thats what we should be incentivizing. Also having family of different ethnicity is not an excuse for not being racist. Thats not how it works.
Perhaps I shouldn’t have specified and just left it with repetitive poor behavior. Sorry if I was too harsh, really just want people to reflect. Genuinely.

I would choose supernova, but I can wear butastur and actually fit it into my ears. I’ve also managed to improve the timbre with EQ, so its not as thin.

1 Like

If anyone else wants to join moots2701 in being suspended then carry on trying my patience with off topic posts…Again this thread is for NIGHT OBLIVION - DISCUSSIONS let’s please keep it to just that.

Thank you.

5 Likes

hi,how compared mest ii vs bgvp phantom in resolution,imaging,separation instruments,soundstage ,sound tone,bass,mids and highs?

MEST 2 is better in every way. I did sell it though since it didn’t have any ear pressure relief.

so, you soold mest ii and keep phantom? mest ii BC driver dont has any performance you not feel it? phantom”s BCD works better?

I sold the Phantom then later sold the MEST 2. Butastur is better than both comfort-wise, and I’m not sure if this is the right place to continue this discussion.

6 Likes