Night Oblivion - discussions

LOL :joy:

Like a duck, brother - letting it roll off my back. I’m the kind of guy that would just never purposely harm someone with words, i wanna be friends with everyone!

5 Likes

Maybe I’m everyone’s enemy :joy: . But I’m not going to think differently than most people here!
When you all started bashing American sprit, I expressed my opinion about the NOB and I was sure he would come back. We should not rush to conclusions. I still think NOB is not a copied Chinese IEM. Some people here only want them to cooperate with companies…, sorry but there is a place under the sun for everyone :shushing_face:. If you make good products, like NOB, they will sell and there is no need to “clear the market” of the competition!!! Think how they sell you IEMs with slightly modified FRs and pass them off as “new”…
The whole NOB drama is overblown and therefore meaningless.
P.S. I’m currently listening to the HYPE2 and I couldn’t help but express my admiration for the absurdly good bass :zap: Viva la Thie.

4 Likes

overblown maybe, but not meaningless; we the customers deserve clarity from AS as to the back story of Butastur; legit product design from the ground up, or just another chi-fi knock off. I have this set which arrived with FNA cable and case…
I have noticed many now refer to it as a NOB :sweat_smile: instead of Butastur

1 Like

What the hell are some folks assuming @AmericanSpirit_JP made some cash and disappeared? :roll_eyes: Dude made clear he earns nothing and then you expect him to do free support for Night Oblivion? Always those naggers who are never happy…

@AmericanSpirit_JP just take it easy. A hobby shouldn’t become another job.

2 Likes

As mentioned above, problems with NOB are really few, and very often their tuning has been considered successful.
There’s no presumption of innocence here. Internet Drama, it’s all supposition, even though certain points have already been raised, well…
At least AmericanSpirit_JP didn’t collaborate with KZ :sweat_smile:
He’d have had to pay everyone back out of his own pocket.

3 Likes

I still have no replacement set.

UPDATE:
Got a response on Twitter DM…waiting for shipping notice

3 Likes

Sure! It’s unvented though, if you are interested in unvented BA.

When I’m back in USA, I can loan you my W10✌️

PM me your address👍

3 Likes

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537/tb.1997196601.4.40557484dBhtpv&id=678765405879

i’m not sure but it seems jinny is selling same one. hope you check this.

1 Like

I got a PM from Jinny 2 days ago that he mentioned “Butastur sales is not moving for a month, so I’d need to restart my own business”

Maybe he now using Butastur platform for new W10 now, not sure about the tuning though, his taste is a lot different than mine.

Understandable if he needs to sustain his family.

Any brave soul to try that one?

honour does not have a price.; seeking clarity is all…

Jinny responded, he is willing to ship replacement to HBB, as he is not familiar with international shipping and custom declarations, he will ship to Penon.

I’m asking Penon to deliver to @hawaiibadboy ’s final destination address.

7 Likes

Just confirmed with Jinny, it’s old W10. Bright tuned with different driver.

Probably same one I’m sending to Ace Bee.

Besides that there are three units of prototypes Butastur that Jinny is trying to unload from his inventory, that is badged as W10 on taobao.

You can find details form this old post

3 Likes

As great as the Butastur was, I believe it never really got that much popularity the way Soundrhyme or Aur Audio did. I believe it was a matter of lack of exposure and engagement. Aur Audio actively engages on Facebook, Soundrhyme is promoted by Penon, and review units are distributed to build up the presence. Butastur was only restricted to this forum and hence got very limited exposure. Not to mention the tuning also did not suit a few, which might have driven away potential buyers. Preference is also a major actor here - I myself experienced that as two of my friends, who fell in love with Butastur, changed their minds after hearing the SR8. Ultimately they did not go for that also and decided to wait - butthat’s another story.

So perhaps this is the end of a very beautiful saga, riddled with a bit of controversy at the end. I will fondly enjoy my Butastur till the day they do not work anymore. Never thought a full-BA IEM would do that to me, a hardcore DD lover.

Some beautiful things are best when they are limited. Just like Cowboy Bebop.

10 Likes

Thank you. I will ship directly to a winner of a givaway and will send you that persons address :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

oh. ok. I had two links of w10 so I thought one was old w10 and another one that that I posted was new one.

OMFG the power of the ADV AMP is insane :open_mouth:

Edit: @AmericanSpirit_JP do you ear noise when you touch in the cable plug?

2 Likes

Class A power💪

Yea it’s common for tube amps, microphonics.

1 Like

How did you disassemble it?
How can I remove the volume nob, and remove the board?

Can you make a small tutorial?

1 Like

The side of volume knob,
Just open it and pull the circuit board. Do not remove volume knob or you will never able to put it back, someone tried and screwed it.

You may use a plier to pull the board.

Next to the tubes, there are two of OpAmps that you can see that to remove it from the circuit board.

There the battery and the case is attached by a tape, that thing may be a bit stiff to remove

2 Likes

First of all, thanks for the compliment.

I just spoke with Jinny and heard that he is working on the minor change of the project which is going to come with a new metal shell instead of the current resin one.

He mentioned the current units already used up that all stock inventories so that minor mother change will be the second generation of Butastur.

I’ll keep updated on this👌

See you space cowboy.

5 Likes