No BS BASSHEAD audiophiles: List, suggestions and stuffs

1 Like

Listening right now to oldies but goldies Oriolus Finschi…very unique bassy U shape tuning.
super eartips dependant…and their annoying driver flex.
i wonder if i should put them on the list…i think i will…since ive seen those selling quite cheap around 150$ on Ali. rumble is clean and sweet with a airy foggy density, the punch is warm and a bit lacking roundness but have good slam and weight, very thick bass, not thin at all and it dominate and warm and darken-thicken macro resolution yet there this BA snappyness extra spice that give minimal energic and crispness. timbre of vocal is natural but presence isn’t very textured nor very fowards. pinna gain is low and safe, laid back gentle basshead…their a bit of similarities with Tri I3pro but Finschi are darker.

No Focus :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

If you add the TRI i3 Pro, then you should probably add the OG TRI i3. I love mine and they definitely have some low end thump!

2 Likes

I’m so late to this discussion that i don’t have anything worth any kind of value to add :smiling_face_with_tear:

But I would like to say:

Rosefinch is absolutely a legit, legit bass head set for less than $20 USD + Amazon Prime Shipping + easy returns. Literally - you absolutely cannot go wrong. I don’t see a single down side to just try them out. Huge bass shelf, with good treble presence to cut through the thick low end and low mids. Technicalities are not it’s strong suit - don’t expect a detail beast but if I could maybe go out on a limb here, they are not as low-res as you’d imagine. In fact - I’d say the high treble presence does a damn good job at cutting through the bass.

The Maestro Minis … I’ve written enough about them. If you have $350 (2nd hand) to $470 (brand new from FatFREQ) burning a whole in the pocket, that is the default bass head Rec. They’re an anomaly. Huge sub bass, genuinely as close to an actually car system sub woofer effect as you can get for tiny in ears. Mid bass is deeeeep and powerful but somehow controlled to the point where female vocals do not sound overly husky, male vocals are damn near perfect for me personally. They also have a good amount of treble energy as well with fantastic, off the graph extension. I personally love them to death but I wouldn’t* say blind buy them.

The Rosefinch, I’d say blind buy. Brandon may have started this Rosefinch train but I happened to board on the first stop.

5 Likes

yeah these seem headbanger legit for sure…but now discountinued alas…that suck cause i wanna try them since some time. i like hard punch and these seem exactly dat…EDM need thumpy non sloppy bass…
nice rec bro!

Audio Hekili is a great Bass-fi. :+1:t6:

1 Like

Very nice bass depiction bro, so so SO tempting those Fatfreq…im just not sure if i should wait for Mini V2 or jump asap on Mini V1…

but for Rosefinch i will order them today. so cheap and seem so fun so why not. it make at least 10 basshead enthusiast that urge me to try them…

IMR earphones too are often suggested, bit pricey but these R1 for ex seem legit BH…hum but its sold out…as well as alot of IMR IEM…it seem its always limited in production. the BC have only 33 left too wtf

1 Like

I’ve been telling everyone to hold off until the V2 releases and it’s for two reasons:

1. If the V2 is actually worth the upgrade, depending on price, then you win.

2. If the V2 isn’t worth the upgrade, but a lot of people sold off their V1 and the 2nd hand market is inflated with more V1s a decent prices - you win.

5 Likes

What about the Thor Mjolnir MK II and Yanyin Canon

The canon should be on the list for sure. It’s got some serious bass and trump’s serial in quantity. The quality is not as good as the serials though.

Also the ie600 and ie300 maybe should be on the list. While not basshead they are definitely in the elevated bass category

1 Like

Fostex T50RP planar headphones, as I said in my review: Fostex T50RP MK3 Review (with Shure 840 pads): Hard hitting, cold precision., will give you skull-shaking bass and sub-bass. Too V-shaped (sibilance) for me like that, so I did this simple mod which got rid of the 4khz-to-8khz plateau and made em sound “warmer”.

Sony MH755 are 10$, one dynamic driver, and got smooth sub-bass. Warm sound. Otherwise inoffensive tuning. Great timbre. Be careful, there’s a lot of fake ones. Edit: Recommended seller: Genuine Original Modified Sony MH755 MH750 MMCX Modded Earbuds Earphones DIY | eBay

I still haven’t tried the Truthear x Crinacle Zero, but it’s 2 dynamic drivers, with one driver only for the bass (see the red line below). Very interesting.

2 Likes

I wonder why the crossover is set where it is. Based on that graph it looks like it should be set up a little higher as 225hz to crossover at the peak and avoid a hole/dip in the overall FR. Interesting…:thinking:

Have you seen how precise this graph is? This hole/dip is about one decibel. :grin: You’ll never hear it.

I didn’t say you would, but normally crossovers are designed to cross at the peak for the most even slope and seeing as how they’re electronically done, it seemed odd to me to specifically have it crossover early even if you wouldn’t hear it. I didn’t even say it was wrong, I simply said I wonder why they did it. I don’t pretend to be some IEM wizard who knows it all so there could be a very valid reason for it.

1 Like

Oh ya totally forgot about these. Legendary set. Still holds up to this day, and still working till this day. Chi-fi before chi-fi without the chi-fi QC.

Had to dig them out real quick lol.

2 Likes

Sony = Japanese LOL :joy::rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

1 Like

Japanese Capitalist Giants* :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately I think Focus EDM are out of stock

1 Like

They had a final sale of EDM stock like a year ago. It’s gone