No BS BASSHEAD audiophiles: List, suggestions and stuffs

Focus EDM owner here. I’m open for offers from EU buyers. But be warned I find the EDM is way overblown with bass. It’s one of very few HBB recs I don’t like.

2 Likes

The latest in a long line of Bass Head iems I own big bass prominent treble it’s a V

2 Likes

Can confirm: I got my girl a pair of these (Acoustune HS1655cu) for listening to various electronic genres and she absolutely loves them. At the time I was asking around on r/Headphones and r/HeadphoneAdvice for the best IEMs for that kinda thing and these weren’t the most widely mentioned, being from anlesser known brand, but they were mentioned by the people that I regularly saw and put more trust in. On top of that they were championed, so to speak, by one of the known bassheads over there. For whatever that’s all worth lol! :joy:

2 Likes

The BC is absolutely Legit, one of the best IEMs I own and I own a lot :sweat_smile::fire:

1 Like

oh, damn…somebody on NBBA do a very intriguing suggestion…REECHO SG03. Anybody heard them here???

LCP DD N52 magnet. metal housing. 55$ (on sale but they seem always on sale)

I have the SG01 OVA, they aren’t basshead, lush balanced V shape…

SG03 with its 15db seem rad BH

(PS: i was kinda block yesterday, since its a new account it seem i was too active replying on this very thread…hum)

These can be find for 100$ on Aliexpress i think…very very underatted and its because of overly serious reviewers imo

not radical basshead but sure bassgasmic to my ears and so so underated: THhifi Character 1DD+1BA Hybrid.

Its really the DD that impress me but the implementation of BA is well done too.

Round clean punchy bass, quite fast too, and mid and sub bass line can cohabite nicely whitout going muddy or too dark.

DD use a resin diaphragm, and it sure have great elasticity, no resonant boom, nor distorted rendering.

Kinda bass-fi to me, budget way…punch is hard enough to be consider fun (or basshead by overly mature and boring audiophile)

1 Like

Here’s the ranking of my IEM’s based on just pure bass quantity, not overall quality.

1. Focus EDM
  2. Thor Mjolnir mk2
  3. TFZ No.3
  4. UM Mext
  5. OH10
  6. Variations
1 Like

Talking about quality VS quantity, if you want total bass quantity and zero quality, there’s the Skullcandy Crushers with the plastic “bass slider”. There’s so much sub-bass and it sounds so damn muddy, the slider at half made me want to puke in the audio cough computer store (no reputable audio store would sell these…).

1 Like

If your cable ever fails, MMCX mod is 100% worth it­. Recommended seller:

2 Likes

These are the latest hype train of the month on the head-fi discovery thread. I have no idea if they’re actually any good. FWIW, their predecessor the SG-01 was hyped up by some of these same dudes when it came out and I thought it was completely pedestrian in every way.

1 Like

I hesitated to speak about the ST5, too.
I’m not a Baghdad at all, so I may be mistaken: I don’t think the ST5 bass is that boosted for it to be considered bass-head, but the bass quality is veeeeery good.

I am currently kind of looking for a “true” bass-head set to get a little more diversity in my collection, so this list will certainly come in handy. :slightly_smiling_face:

In TRN’s own line, the TA1 Max has more bass emphasis than ST5

1 Like

Is Baghdad slang for basshead that I’ve never heard before or is this another case of autocorrect being totally useless and way may trouble than it’s worth?

1 Like

If they are interchangeable…

“Bombs over Bassheads” may have been a more politically correct track name for sure

2 Likes

Don’t be fooled: autocorrect is very useful in my case as my phone is quite small compared to my thumb’s.

But yeah sometimes…

2 Likes

Just to be clear, it was an honest question. I’m so not good at keeping up with slang terms (which is why I still talk like a surfer from the early 2000s sometimes :joy:). I seemed unlikely the more I thought about it, but with the kids these days…

1 Like

I’m up for Baghdad being new slang!

“The low end is elevated, not to Baghdad levels, but it’s accurate and lively”

“…with enough slam and rumble to keep even diehard Baghdads happy”

3 Likes

“I’m no Baghdad, but I like my explosions to sound realistic. Any rec’s?”

Um, maybe we should use something else…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Oh…

yes, thanks for the reality check! :rofl:

3 Likes

Speak of the devil. All this nostalgia got to me, so here’s a MH755 review in 2023 :sunglasses:

Orange gang :orange_circle:

1 Like