No BS BASSHEAD audiophiles: List, suggestions and stuffs

Interesting you include the Mext in these, i have them and indeed they have this warm boom to it. but to my ears the punch is mellow and sub dominant, im more a fan of the x ray like mid range.
nice list man, i need to try those Thor!

Guys, i just do a video review of the ISN H40…i think its appropriate to share it here. warm U shape Basshead to my ears, with some extra treble snap and appealing vocal lushness. very addictive and rather safe apart this lil spice. i think the ISN EST50 is direct upgrade to those since i feel it lack just a bit of air and treble clarity to be truely genius IEM.

perfect upgrade to something like Audiosense AQ4 imo

THE PLUS
-fun lush bassy musicality
-warm and natural tonality
-thick timbre without BA artificial flavor
-big, chunky, rumbly and well define low end
-good note weight
-free of sibilance or any harshness
-good layering
-beautiful vocal and mids that aren’t too recessed
-versatile basshead U shape tuning
-dark treble with some snap
-good packaging, cable and accessories
-price value

THE MINUS
-not best bass separation-definition
-poor imaging
-lack of treble sparkle, micro details and air
-average soundstage, especially in depth
-bass would be too much for non basshead
-not the fastest bass
-source picky in term of output gain-impedance

1 Like

oh…well, i will try to get them anyway due to graph…its on facebook that i read about those…i know the thread you talk about …let say it make me think Penon IEMs were overatted but then i listen to Serial, Vortex and thin they are underatted lol well, Vortex is a bit pricey for single DD and not really basshead.

I have the SG01 Ova, they arent bad tbh balanced bright V shape, beatifull and clean female vocal, quite impressive technicaly…like an upgraded Blon BL03 i would say. its not basshead and mid bass is punchy but sub roll off a bit so not alot of rumble or deep extension. pinna gain can be a bit intense with some suprano singer but for 50$ they are great

2 Likes

Cool! I didn’t mean to imply that they wouldn’t be good. They might be very good. I was just sharing info. On the discovery thread over there, folks are saying that the bass on them is both high in quantity and high in quality and that the rest of the tuning is smooth and tastefully done. I have also seen talk about them having a pretty big soundstage as well. If all that’s true, then they would definitely be a good pick-up at a good price.

1 Like

I find the level of subbass on the Mext, OH10, and Variations to be pretty close. With the Variations losing out on midbass scoop.

1 Like

Variations have less midbass?

Variations has a midbass tuck…

Yes its a noticeable amount less midbass compared to the other 2.

1 Like

yeah, its what scare me about Variations, im kinda allergic to ovelry scooped mid bass…in fact, im just not an harman lover…i just finish my review of Kiwi Ears Cadenza, another Harman offering. not bad but we have plenty of those tuning style…at least its not a Moondrop Snow…

I find bass of Mext warmer than OH10 which is bit more punchy and textured but your right sub boost is similar…didnt do direct ABing tough. you seem to have a great IEM collection mate

1 Like

Yes i know bro, your just not falling easily in hype band wagon lol im the same, and even avoid being part of hyping agenda…thus the kick out of hifigo crew! i so really dont care.

in fact, i give back a listen to my Reecho OVA, they arent basshead bu damn…i was surprise…didnt even praise them that much at the time, twas just an OK review…perhaps it different source and cable used that change the game (Moondrop Dawn 4.4 and (overpriced) Tri Grace S cable) but they offer a punchy lively W shape, open in spatiality, just a hint bright with good thick enough mids timbre, nice female vocal and snappy airy treble (this is what i didnt remember)

so now im even more obsess to try SG03…but it seem their 2 version to make it confusing…SG03S nd SG03…which i think its the basshead legit…or both are dunno

im curious about the SuperTFZ King too for radical big boom. oh, interestingly we have this graph with both side by side. 03 and King which seem notably brighter…

1 Like

its there even ONE moondrop that don’t? lol i mean, ‘’‘’‘bassy’‘’‘’’ MD
ok ya, the SSP…but they go all in and then say: F da sub

IDK, what the difference(s) might be between the two at all. I don’t think I have heard anyone else mention the s version so I’m guessing the non-s version is the one most mentions/posts are about.

Anyways, I’m glad you understood where I was coming from.

SG-03 is the bassy one and was previously a departure from the original SG-01 tuning.

SG-03s (only one I have not heard) is the new version that is apparently more balanced and a more direct upgrade from the SG-01 OVA (small (not worthwhile) upgrade from the old SG-01).

So the bassy tuning variety seems to have died for Reecho.

1 Like

I must say, I am rather shocked that no one has added the ModHouse Audio Argon MK3 to the list yet.

I own two pair’s of Argons, the MK3 and the T60RP. Both are amazing, but the MK3’s are definitely the bass cannon’s between the two. They are definitely my personal favorite ‘bass heavy’ headphone. Because I am feeling lazy i’m just going to link an article going over them. As well as a video Zeos made years ago about them. I personally am willing to support both sources of information, from my personal experience, these are my favorite ‘bass heavy’ headphones.

This is an older video now, but it still holds up for describing the experience

(Yes, I know, the video says T60 Argon, but it also covers the MK3’s)

This article delves into the more technical details with some flavor text added.

I have personally gushed quite a bit about both of these headphones all over these forums already, so i’ll leave it at that for your perusal. The one thing I will say, Argon’s love power, and they respond very well to a powerful amp. If your amp is not up to powering them, these are not something I can recommend. I personally power these using a Topping A90D.

Oh, here’s the link to where you can buy them.

1 Like

I think most of us assumed we were talking about basshead IEMs since this was posted in that forum. That said, if headphones are on the table then the Argons should definitely be on the list.

1 Like

ahhh whoops :wink: I didn’t see IEM in the title. but yes, you are right. heh. Should I just delete that post? Ok then will leave it up!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. My guess is that it’ll serve some basshead well someday. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I mentioned my T50RPs too, forgot we where in the IEM category.

2 Likes

Meh I always screw up. Even in my infos it said I had Sony MH755. Nope, I have the MH750’s. These are actually the ones with more bass and sub-bass. Not the MH755’s. I know some people even replied with their MH755’s, but… if these were actually 755’s, try the MH750’s then lol.

Graph comparison: