No Serious Business - IEM Edition

Shit, that’s fast. Ordered UM 3DTs from Musicteck yesterday and they’ve already landed and cleared customs in the UK. Contacted Andrew first about shipping, VAT etc and declaring sensible consignment value as well, which Andrew sorted for me no problem. That’s fucking outstanding customer service.

3 Likes

I never done business with Musicteck since I’ll pay too much VAT so I kinda avoid it, but @Resolution and HBB vouche for him. And their DHL express is like an F1 lol

Congratz on your set!! share some impressions when you feel like to!

2 Likes

Do you have extra hoops to jump through with customs in Portugal? For UM only option for me was Musicteck as officially recognised dealer by UM - had an issue with Hifigo so just not ordering through them again. Plus he had a sale on them, so even with a slightly salty shipping cost plus the low declaration on the value it still works out cheaper anyway.

In other news M3X has also been fulfilled by Linsoul - :snail: mail though so expect it’ll take weeks.

I regularly have received items from Musicteck next day yet paying nothing in shipping. 1st class treatment.

1 Like

Yes, always. I need express shipping and low value declared.

Own it, love it!

1 Like

Musicteck is top notch. Hope you like the UM 3DT and I also hope you have an extra 2 pin cable, the stock one is pretty bad. Not quite Moondrop bad, but almost KZ bad.

Also hope you like the M3X it pairs nicely with the 3DT and I use it like that.

1 Like

Worth emailing him to see what he can do, I did and he was happy to sort out a low value declared for me. If you’re going new MEST I’d 100% be looking to buy from Musicteck just in case of any issues.

2 Likes

Yep, have a Xinhs 4-core graphene that should land with me this week. Looking forward to getting both, just hope the 3DT fits me ok :grimacing:

Yea the size and the cable are 2 big catches with the 3DT. Hope it fits and you enjoy it.

It’s been awfully quiet.

Sorry, the “fun” has left the building.

2 Likes

It makes the Timeless sound less abrasive and more silky to me and it gains more body and bass. Transparency is higher too. Mids become more vibrant and vivid.

No apparent changes to stage or imaging however.

3 Likes

I find it doesn’t have the same effect. Digital EQ messes with the fundamental signal. It’s a digital alteration while cables provide analog EQ while preserving the integrity of the signal.

2 Likes

Would you care to explain this a bit? Don’t really know what to imagine about being abrasive tbh. Or you mean it smoothens the sound?

Hm…I wouldn’t agree on that. If cable would impact the sound, I would call it defective since it’s main purpose is to carry the signal unchanged

1 Like

So dunu blanche (silver cable I think) would make the timeless harsher? Is that the idea?

Yes it thickens the treble region a bit. It has an especially nice smoothing/polishing effect on the presence region 4-7kHz.

That is where I feel the Timeless can sound a smidge raw in stock form.

3 Likes

It’s not entirely down to the metal being used but generally In my testing, silver tends to emphasize higher frequencies somehow. The topology, shielding, gauge, and plating etc all have an effect.

This is an extremely common finding among cable afficionados.

3 Likes

1 Like