Nymzreviews.com official thread

ty for the Reccs :3

2 Likes

I be like

(luckily I have nothing that uses that)

Edit: ha, ha just realised that’ll be what the massive adaptor that came with the Xenns UP is.

2 Likes

The thing is that in balanced source you have independent ground (meaning “0”) signal for left and right channel and the active signal moving coils in driver is sent in accordance to that. Those ground signals may and would in real life be different for both L and R channel (let’s say L0 = +0.05V from the power supply GND and R0 = +0.08V).
If source “wants” active signal from L to be equal +1V from L0 it is in practice 1,05V from battery GND, but it does not matter as you have L- = L0 in your cable. If you short circuit the L- to GND you receive an offset signal strength by 0.05V. For R channel you have identical situation, but you add some extra imbalance as R0 was not equal to L0 therefore R side would be having higher signal amplitude than L.

Does it make sense?

TL:DR good adapter would not compensate for the imbalance in source itself so it is better to skip them in total :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m very sick atm, and reading all these posts just made my brain explode :rofl:

Weekend, at last :call_me_hand: I was feeling bass. Grabbed my Meles and ran this:

I’m healed.

2 Likes

Still relevant :man_facepalming:

Folks, if you can access Amazon UK… Stop whatever you’re doing and go buy the Final VR3000. Their discount coupon can make the set worth a mere £18 GBP. I have no affiliation with Final or Amazon, but holy shieeeeeeeet this set BLOWS. MY. MIND.

See my impressions here:

Purchase link here, and don’t forget to apply the £31 voucher:

7 Likes

Done, bought :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Done x2 just for the tips :+1:

3 Likes

I really don’t need them, but you convinced me. Always wanted to try those Final E tips (that’s what they are btw… “Ear tips (Type E 5 Sizes)” VR3000 for Gaming | final)

2 Likes

Final E500 are even more expensive than this set with this discount, £1 GBP more… Crazy.

The tips are amazing but I only have one set and sometimes I have to rotate. Guess a another set wont hurt. Maybe IEMs are even good 🤷 should be better than e1000 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bookmark this comment and come back when you’ve received and heard the VR3000. I’m not even joking.

1 Like

Do you mind a little more detail in the feedback? I still don’t want to buy after a huge reduction, based on the FR graph… any quick ways you’d sum up what rocks and also what is a weakness?

I know its goals/tuning are different to the A4000 but I was massively unimpressed by the A4000

Edit: thanks PoppinTeddy I can se you’ve been laboring on a reply — appreciated and I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

It is quite different from the A4k.

I know. But it’s hard to tell what it will be like. Less bass… but probably balanced out by less upper mids and treble. I would never want even less bass than the A4000. At least to the eyes I’m not seeing a reason to jump on its graph.

The drop in treble seems abnormally late.

The treble difference is bigger than the bass. So its likely it is bassier on the VR3000.

2 Likes

Clever use of the tool, thank you.

1 Like

You have to leave that to Riku (which he just did lol) cos I’m not much of a Final expert. But judging from the gear that you’ve seen I own, I’ll place this even above Tin T4 for my daily enjoyment.

• Stage and imaging? Above everything I own including MEST and Tea.
  • Clarity? Slightly lower than Tea, slightly above or on par with T4, much above BL-05s & Mele.
  • Tonality? On par with MEST.
  • Mids? Yes this is the weakness. It’s not scooped, just not as impactful and fast, especially the punch of the mid-bass. Vocals are very clear though; it’s the mid-bass that’s toned down probably to the level of T4 (which doesn’t have much to begin with).
  • Sub-bass? Rumble is decent, but definitely less than most mentioned above. Much less than Mele & BL-05s, slightly less than MEST & Tea, slightly more oomph than T4.

As I said, balanced is the way I’d describe it. The spotlight, however, is stage and imaging, and I’m a big fan of this aspect.

Yes and confirmed.

3 Likes

Damn, no voucher anymore…

1 Like

Heck you’re right… Must had a surge of sales :joy: :joy: :joy:

But no joke, even with its current discount at £49, I’d still say it’s a bargain compared to its original price.

1 Like