RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

FOUND A GRAPH!!!

2 Likes

All aboard the train. :rofl:

1 Like

Anyone want bass? :smirk:

2 Likes

2021-12-10:
GS Audio GT12x Impressions:

graph - 2021-12-10T182320.655.png

Bass: sub-bass rumble and extension arent that good, but there is some texture. Mid-bass texture is pretty good, is actually still on the tighter/faster side despite the quantity.

Mids: Female vocals lack brightness and clarity and is a bit recessed. Male vocal tonality is good but does lack clarity and detail.

Treble: Dark treble, not sharp at all and non-fatiguing. Does lack clarity and detail to me.

Overall: I had pretty high expectations of it and this definitely doesnt meet them. I can see some people liking this but it will be a niche rec at best.

Qian39 Impressions:

Bass: Excellent bass, its elevated and very clean with great texture. Not as much as sub-bass as something like the X6, but close in mid-bass quantity.

Mids: Great vocals, very clean despite the tonality being a bit on the warmer side.

Treble: Well tuned treble, airy, clean and not fatiguing.

Overall: Drop whatever you are doing and get this. The Yincrow X6 might have been surpassed at half the price with a godly fit/comfort.

K´s K300 Impresssions:

Bass: sub-bass has poor extension and rumble. Mid-bass is a bit bloated but not that much quantity.

Mids: Unclean due to bass bleed, too much warmth.

Treble: Dark treble, unclean, lacks clarity and detail.

Overall: Not a budget Samsara K300, for iem people its somewhat similar to something like the Final Audio E5000

4 Likes

Dang. I’m still looking forward to my GT12x arriving, and I’ll see how they stack up against the ST8B. The graph of your unit seems far more subdued from 1khz up than the old graphs GS audio provided, almost makes me wonder if the tuning got changed at some point?

Final VR3000 unboxing and first impressions:

Unboxing presentation is simple yet surprisingly satisfying, every placement very well thought out. Very interesting earhook system, very nice cable and built. Final always has the best rubber quality and the softest cables. Extremely light IEMs. Oddly though, my set didn’t come with the carrying pouch advertised on the box, but I have no need for it anyways. For a JP-Fi experience, this is topnotch even for an entry level product.

Power requirement, as usual with Final IEMs, is way above the average of sub $100 IEMs, almost as much as the Variations is asking for. Upon first 10 minutes of listening compared to the Mele, the VR3000 wins immediately with more treble clarity but without any sibilant harshness. Timbre is surprisingly natural given its plastic casing. Mele becomes dark and warm against the VR3000. Sound stage is wider with a soothing spacial reference, exactly as promoted. Bass region is not as punchy as the Mele, expecially the mid-bass, but overall balance is better. 10 minutes in, I knew immediately that this is a keeper for me.

Just tested it against my favorite IEM for movie watching, Blon BL-05s, and tested with Constantine (2005)… VR3000 hands down wrecks BL-05s with it’s pinpoint imaging and spacial clarity. I’m stumped.

9 Likes

Final Audio’s IEMs are always known for their impressive soundstage and pin point imaging. I once own a E2000 and lost it sadly. Really like that soft earhook system and their build quality overall. As you said, everything in the package give you the feeling that it is well thought out.

Your post make me miss my E2000, might hunt down this VR3000 or get a E3000 this Christmas.

2 Likes

Oh btw, @Rikudou_Goku , I bought an MX500 earbuds, not from Nicehck audio store tho. It is from Jietu and I think they made these in house?

I am really enjoying them without full foams. Putting on the foams make them become bass canons and sounds really bloaty and compressed. Is there any workaround you would recommend to use foams without making them sound too bassy?
Or do I just simply not use foam :smiley: . I mean, it is simple as that if I think about it, huh

Im hopeful!

1 Like

Probably not the same as the Nicehck one.

You can try donut foams (the ones with a hole in the middle) or low density foams. Trig rain has low-density foams but god damn they are not comfortable. @nymz has Venture Electronics low-density foams, so maybe you can try them instead.

Donut foams: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32683389893.html
Trig Rain low-density (not recommended): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003421800580.html

VE foams: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003133195399.html
(not sure if they are the low-density ones but @nymz can clarify.)

1 Like

Theres both dense and low density on the pack. But yes, they are not confortable. I only use them on X6 I think.

2 Likes

Thank you for your resourceful answer.

The package is similar but the cable is different and the driver inside might also be a completely different one.
It’s listed as DIY MX500 on JieTu Lazada.
Pics below

That cable alone will probably affect the sound even if it has the same driver.
Due to the different cable thickness affecting the airflow on the MX500 shell.
(you thought I turned into a cable memer right? :smirk: )

3 Likes

You got me in the first half, ngl.
Lmao

2 Likes

I have to say, the VR3000 does feel a bit cheap compared to the Mele. The plastic shell is very light and minimalist. The plus side is that the shells are very light. Fit is a bit strange for me as the insertion is deep and the entire shell has to really push against my concha. Luckily the stock tips are comfortable and seal well. Cable is also plastic and feels a bit cheap.

Sound: Burned them in ~24hrs prior to casual listening. Will do more critical listening tonight, but off-the-bat, this is very pleasant to listen. Nothing offensive, pretty balanced. Very good holographic representation, good microdetails. I’d say sub-bass quantity << Mele, but decent quality, mids similar to Mele, treble > Mele in extension. Tonality is good. Jazz is sounding good, and so are original film scores. For £19, I mean, no brainer. For £49, still think it’s a decent deal, partly because you don’t need to spend extra for cables and tips, and you get a build-in mic. Will post more impressions and comparisons later!

3 Likes

Btw, for those in the UK, you can get these for £39 (+3 for shipping) from here: Final VR3000 Virtual Reality Gaming Earphones for Oculus Rift, Sony PlayStation 5, Microsoft Xbox Series X - Hifiheadphones. I have no affiliations.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree to a certain degree, but mostly it’s due to us being too used to the Chi-fi marketing and IEM materials that creates the sense that plastic shells are cheapish. Yet, among plastic items (e.g. QKZ VK4) VR3000 is excellent for the type of plastic and rubber it uses I’d say.

Doesn’t that mean that the fitment is shallow tho? :face_with_monocle:
If you mean that the insertion needs to be deep for a good seal, then I feel the same ha. I said elsewhere that these need longer stem tips, and I recommend Spinfit CP100 and Azla Sedna Regular. CP100 actually has the best resolution, but Final E tips are still good as long as one can create a good seal (I can’t). The shell shape is truly the only downside I can find, I think for some the shape will create discomfort. Solution is again, try longer stem tips.

I think Final Audio freaking nailed it with the “Made for VR, ASMR, Gaming and 360 Music” description. Normally these types of advertisement for IEMs are just talk and flourish. Not these. These are LEGIT.

1 Like

Blockquote
Doesn’t that mean that the fitment is shallow tho? :face_with_monocle:
If you mean that the insertion needs to be deep for a good seal, then I feel the same ha. I said elsewhere that these need longer stem tips, and I recommend Spinfit CP100 and Azla Sedna Regular. CP100 actually has the best resolution, but Final E tips are still good as long as one can create a good seal (I can’t). The shell shape is truly the only downside I can find, I think for some the shape will create discomfort. Solution is again, try longer stem tips.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear: Deep insertion is needed for a good seal, so I have to push the whole shell against my concha. If that means the fit is shallow, then yes! Still learning :joy: I get a very good seal with the Final E tips, but I can try CP100 later as well. I don’t find the shells uncomfortable; I was just surprised at how deep the nozzle had to go in lol.

1 Like

We’re all just learning haha, I don’t see myself as an expert, just an eargasm lover. Still far from the level of nymz, Riku, or HBB!

1 Like

Just to illustrate the fit: VR3000 on the L, ZEX Pro on the R in the first pic; Mele on the L, VR3000 on the R in the second. Pardon the dust/earwax :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

If I bring the shells level to each other, the VR3000 nozzle is only a tad shorter.

4 Likes