Nymzreviews.com official thread

Np brotha :metal: Ya that cliff is uh - it’s a cliff alright lmao. 2 Everests (8k - measurement? & 15k) and a cliff, there goes dynamics :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@domq422 Just gonna leave this here for ya:

Peace Out GIFs | Tenor

Oh god :sweat_smile:

I can’t do this right now … luckily I don’t even have this much cash in my bank account so I’m safe :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I guess you survive this time.

For now :eyes:

Tax season is fast approaching, my friend …

My wallet becomes unhinged like a wild animal :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Would the Tempotec V6 drive the Serratus with enough power?

V6 specs:

THD+N: -IlldB
Output Power: 610MW/32Q/4.4mm|330MW/32Ω/3.5mm
Output Level: 2VRMS/3.5mm |4VRMS/4.4mm
SNR: 124dB
DNR: 124dB
Crosstalk: 116dB/32Ω/4.4mm|88dB/32Ω/3.5mm
DSD: Native DSD5I2
MQA: MQA I6X
Pcm: 32Bit/768kHz

Ugh. Don’t remind me :roll_eyes:

my Hiby R5 Saber drives Serratus fine so should more than enough with the V6

2 Likes

Hey @eargasm,

Yes, you will be fine :slight_smile: just use it balanced!

1 Like

I don’t recommend the V6, I had it and it sounded veiled, blunted and low resolution.

You’re much better off with a powerful dongle and a phone with USB 3.0 output.

iFi Go Bar for example.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I already have it! It’s my first DAP since my old Sony NWZ-A17. Sure sounds different compared to my LG G8 QUAD-DAC phone. V6 is definitely warmer. Which DAP do you prefer ATM? :slight_smile:

Do you think it’s a good compliment to Tea 2’s or they’re too close from each other?

My condolences :sweat_smile: Sorry for killing the buzz.

The Shanling M6 Ultra is matching sound quality of the best dongles. M7 starts to actually pull away. But those are very expensive. One advantage virtually all good Daps have is note weight and note decay, because of the output power.

1 Like

I will just say that I disagree there, V6 to my ears is really nice sounding DAP.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re enjoying it bro. I can only tell it as my ears honestly experienced it. Some if not most of the cons that other reviewers went over, I agree strongly with, unfortunately.

2 Likes

yeah, exactly as you said, it’s all personal :slight_smile:
Im not saying its the 8th Wonder, but at its the price it crushes competition imho.

But if you ask me, I think personally Shanling does AKM better :wink:

I regret selling M6Pro AKM every day :frowning:

3 Likes

Felt cute, might delete later

Has been a month since I plugged these in. Yep, still the best.

Next.

10 Likes

They’re on my list to try at CanJam …

But also, looking forward to the Monarch article eventually :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Monarch is always overlooked by our friend, maybe because of the form factor. I guess he’s mad that he doesn’t have elephant ears to wear everywhere and always. :smiley:
By the way, just to add that I am surprised by the people who say that the soundstage of the IE600 is flat. The depth is amazing. Guys, clean your ears, find the right tips and give them a little boost to surprise you ( but never with EQ, that’s sacrilege) ! :purple_heart: :relieved:

4 Likes

is that a Ducky One? I got the same color scheme on my keyboard

1 Like