Nymzreviews.com official thread

2 Likes

Ok, im interested :joy:

1 Like

I would love to hear your take before I stupidly pull a trigger without any indication that it is good in any way, but knowing how busy you are my patience would probably not resist…
S12 was a blind buy, but at least the company was proven, now it is really a cat in the bag

3 Likes

I doubt I will buy it anytime soon, sorry.

Im about to get more stuff on my plate and Im still recovering from the last purchases :joy:

Gotta admit its right up my alley, but i still have piezo ptsd :joy:

I would expect rather that you would receive it from linsoul for trying, but that is yet another type of burden on your shoulders, so also not a perfect scenario :slight_smile:

Seems like some pretty solid tuning. I am definitely interested

1 Like

After gk10? Maybe those were not connected :smiley: bqeyz spring (1 & 2) also have piezo and apparently those are good implementations

Good example of not letting your intern draw your marketing materials. That graph’s horizontal scale have to be wrong.

1 Like

There is nothing interesting in FR :upside_down_face: !!!

Why wrong? I mean it is not properly logarithmically scaled in the high frequencies but otherwise…

That’s it, the scale is misaligned. I don’t believe the coupler resonance is truly at 15k. Why wasn’t it aligned at 8k?

Pinna gain around 4k is sketchy, seems the scale is far off.

We gonna need someone to graph it on a 711.

I beg to differ. If we assume the line is some what correct, it’s a planar with a more balanced tuning, less V and extension. The piezo is more worrying than that graph, in my books.

GK10 actually has all driver connected…without a crossover. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yea, and we hate on KZ who preventively does not connect anything apart from DD, so it sounds acceptable…
(Or they do, as the case is still not resolved)

1 Like

There is another planar on Hifigo. It is a design much like the timeless and the 12s. Muse hifi power I believe is the name. It’s 200 so maybe get be worth a look.

3 Likes

Looks like HBB would check Hook-X at some point in the future, so I would wait for his opinion right now.
But it is one little tempting set I would admit, especially it being open-back! It kind of ruins the base idea of IEMs on one part (not isolating in and out), but on the other it could jump over IEM big design limitation in the compressed soundstage.
Have any of you check iSines from Audeze? They are also open back planar “IEM”, but with craziest design of all

2 Likes

Is this the same ptz driver used on the LZ A7? If so, this would be interesting. And an open back IEM, I just hope it is better implemented then Audaze has.

1 Like

Same model? Cant tell, but it is a piezo driver, so the same driver type at least.

1 Like