Nymzreviews.com official thread

MX500 shell?

1 Like

Just ordered some myself!

I got some from Amazon US just to see and I ordered 3 different sets on AliE to see if I can find the most comfortable

1 Like

Yes that one. The MX500 shell doesnā€™t sit well with my right ear for whatever reason. Specifically the Tragus. But the shell of the EB2S sits fairly comfortable. Wore them for about an hour and a half last night while playing some video games and didnā€™t have discomfort.

MX500, I get pain after 2-3 hours. Not really sure why thoughā€¦
(praying PK shells work better and have some good drivers, although the driver options are lacking compared to MX500ā€¦)

PK shells and lbbs master races

1 Like

Although (other) DIYers seem to hate that LBBS shell lol.

Because of the fit? Or is it just a difficult size/shape to work with?

Its a bad shell for acoustic reasons according to them.

I guess it might be true since MX500 shells can sound a lot better.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t put my finger on it as well, but I definitely feel it and feel it quickly. luckily, the NiceHCK fit nicely and donā€™t cause any of kind of discomfort. Is there some chart I can view to see different shell types for buds? Iā€™m so lost with all of the terminology and I want to fit in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I honestly couldnā€™t ask for something better. Thank you, sir.

2 Likes

Check this out as well, links to other useful posts:

(woody is the earbud encyclopedia lol.)

1 Like

64 Audio Trio

12 Likes

The FR seem to be pretty close to your target, should be interesting.

1 Like

Thoughts about the soundstage and imaging part at 10 minutes?

3 Likes

I think imaging is better than stage size on EJ07m, so that part I agree. The thing about EJ07m is that evrry axis is good alongside a pseudo acoustic effect, sounding holographic as f.

Iā€™d take ej07m stage over most iems, and 10 out of 10 over Variationsā€™.

I think its imaging is phenomenal, pin point. Iā€™m a fan.

6 Likes

@nymz how you doing? Been a while since I was last here :smiley:

Been enjoying my collection and silently following some of the releases.

4 Likes

Hey, great to see you back :call_me_hand:

Last months have been slow, due to Covid lockdowns and shipment delays. Iā€™ve also been really busy with work so thatā€™s a beautiful combo -.-

I just got now news that I will receive a sample of Hook-X as soon as thereā€™s stock and also TinHifi P1 Max, so that should be interesting :fire:

12 Likes

Just got my Hook X youā€™re in for a treat, theyā€™re fire!

7 Likes