Nymzreviews.com official thread

This make so much sense. The treble filter did remind me of my time with the dark magician weeks/months before I had the Autumn. I never tweaked the top end though. A set I miss from time to time is the Lotoo one I had. I would love to see a proper graph made of it by someone. I’m sure it had a decent amount in common too.

2 Likes

haha, yeah. I do intend to have something for basslets as well. (or at least there is room for a lineup like that.)

(although my house tuning wont allow it to be too bass light.)

2 Likes

My take on the Mangird Tea 2

Once again, I thank @nymz for this opportunity for not only listening to a 300$ set, but even compare it to another one in the same price bracket.

I’ll make the review of the tea2 quite short, because I lack experience in this price segment, so I don’t know what I could expect from a set.
The similarities between the tea2 and the tea1 are as follow:

• imaging
  • stage
  • resolution and details capabilities
  • bass texture

and this is where the tea2 differ from the tea1 :

• (on tea2) the voices are less forward in the mix, especially female ones (Birdy, Adele)
  • (on tea2) the symbals are more forward, sometimes more splashy (Adele), meaning the treble/some treble is more elevated; that goes with the set being less dark (but still a little dark, IIRC)
  • (on tea2) there is less slam/sub-bass and more mid-bass (Lorde, Hoshi)
    All these characteristics, that result in a more balanced and well rounded set, make them also more “traditional”, less surprising to me.

So, are the tea 2 better than the OG? No, they are not; are the OG better than the 2, then? neither; these are 2 tunings of a same iem. One is special, a magic sauce, that grabs you by the neck and basicaly show off what it can do. the other one is a more traditional thing that is more rounded, has less edges, and let you explore what it can do; My guess is that the tea2 would be easier to listen to on long sessions, and would be easier to recommend to “new comers”.

I think tea2 are an easier rec than the OG, because they are better behaved and have rounder edges, so it will please more people more easily, while not losing the benefits of technicalities and stage and imaging.
Despite the cost difference (vs the Drop price), I would still recommend the Tea2 to a “new comer”, as the OG tea could come across as lacking some things (or having too much of other things). But I personnaly liked OG tea more, just because I am a vocal-head and I have no experience with this level of performance.

4 Likes

Ahah, basicly what I say. Well done :fire:

2 Likes

Call me interested. :smirk:

2 Likes

I promise i didn’t read your review before doing mine :grin:

I actually read/view many reviews, but don’t remember any of it. I have to take notes when I’m interested in a set. It takes so much time, but allows me to “average” the feedbacks with a little more consistency.

2 Likes

Despite not liking the OG Tea as much as you do, I totally agree on this with you and @nymz. I guess if I had to decide between OGTea and Tea2 and could only have a single IEM, I would pick the Tea2 as it’s the better allrounder. But then again: The single IEM constraint is fictional and the OG has more special sauce.

I am wondering if this is a general trend with “v2” IEMs like the Tea, Mest and Monarch. From what I read, the v2s of these IEMs are all more agreeable, but lack what made the v1 special.

2 Likes

My thoughts as well. I think Tea OG has the special mojo but Tea2 is a better IEM and easier to Rec. Same goes for Mest due to fit and sub-bass, EJ07 and EJ07m, etc.

1 Like

Seems there’s a new CRA coming out, the CCA CRA+. Not really sure why we are paying double for a retune but ok…

1 Like

paying for that normie bass? lmao

3 Likes

I hope it brings something else to the table other than that. If the graph is legit, the right side of the FR is now fixed, but that mid-bass focus is kinda meh. Guess time will tell.

Still not sold on the price tho.

1 Like

This makes so much sense reading this. The original monarch was a staple. Now it seems that the MKII isn’t talked about as much. That price increase tho … I get it. But still.

1 Like

Not to mention the bright gold color. Not a huge fan of that. The silver was a tasteful design choice in my opinion. We shall see.

1 Like

Aparently im too new and mirage is from 2019, just a arrived at linsoul.

Mega face palm :person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

Dunu is finally revealing and letting pre reserve the VERNUS. You can read all info above. Limited to 100 worldwide and it’s a refinement of the original Falcon Pro.

Oh baby, it’s the DD season all of a sudden. And guess which wallet is crying? :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Not really, it seems like there are (were?) two Mirages from UM with no clear differentiation by name with same shell. 1st one had 3 BAs, new one has 11. Quite strange approach from manufacturer if you ask me

1 Like

Ok, then I’m not dumb, @Tfaduh is :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Well, shoot:

• always liked the look of the original Falcon-C, but the signature didn’t sound like my cup of tea
  • OH BOY FALCON-C PRO WITH TRICKLE-DOWN EclipsE TECH!
  • OH NO, EVERYONE SAYS IT’S A MUDDIED MESS OF A TUNING
    fast forward to now
  • OH BOY, NEW FALCON-C PRO WITH BETTER BALANCED TUNING
  • AND IT COMES IN A GORGEOUS GREEN COLORWAY
    Yep, I’m in.
2 Likes

I already knew about it but couldn’t spill. Instant reservation.

1 Like

No UM have Maven @ $2000…

and the Mirage @ 1000 Bucks…

:upside_down_face: might be wrong but :man_shrugging:

2 Likes