Nymzreviews.com official thread

I can’t remove the grill, as that would damage the set. My set will be gifted to @Erokh as he loved it and I need it to find a better home to be loved. Tea Cult is all about sharing.

@K4sh1ma where are you based?

2 Likes

So, what’s cooking?

I have a lot of stuff incoming, while still trying to assess everything that is stuck in the pipeline. Currently going back to BQEYZ Autumn and 64Audio Trio.

I’ve finally settled down in reviewing Autumn has filter moded with the treble magnet. It will be a different aproach and if you want to find other takes, most people covered the bass and normal magnet.

64Audio Trio needs a review or at least something close to it. It’s easly in the top of the food chain regarding the best I’ve heard, even tho it doesn’t fullfil all my preferences, but a beast nonetheless. Oh and that bass.

Im working on grabbing a CRA+ and Linsoul told me they are sending Tin T1S for a spin, so that should be it for a while, regarding the budget lineups. Buy Chu by the way.

Along with T1S, the new planar offer is tagging along. Tin Hifi P1 Max will be receiving a full review and will be compared to S12. If I later receive the Hook-x, I will re do the shoutout with my library.

Since Penon keeps going radio silent everytime I disclose my credentials, @tfaduh decided to put my adress instead of his own on the Penon Serial checkout. What a god.

Another set that had me on my toes has to be the VERNUS. Everyone eyes still looking for that VULKAN but meanwhile, it shall suffice and I was of the lucky 100 to grab it.

I also have a Sennheiser IE600 coming, but that still somewhere and transit so let’s leave it at that for now.

What is in fact incoming, and I still might get it tomorrow, is the new Hiby R5 DAP, so that should be fun. After that, I will sell the sources I don’t use as much so let me know if something interests you.

Now, what might come sooner than expected, as in next week, is my most antecipated item and it aint no IEM or source. The Serratus, custom built by @tgx, is expected to rock my world. Knowing him and his experience, which by the way is so much better than mine and makes my sets seem like beats by dre in comparison, I expect nothing but a stellar performance. My classical and jazz library is ready, my good sir.

Now where will I find time for all this while doing a 12h corporate job and getting paid in cookies? I still have no idea. But we’ll manage.

Update: I’m receiving CRA+ and CRN next week thanks from Linsoul. Once again, coming in clutch. Thanks so much and needless to say I’m hyped!

14 Likes

Wtf. Is that where my Serial is going to? I got hacked!

2 Likes

Wait – Penon wouldn’t complete an order to your name/address, as a paying customer?

1 Like

No, if I do that they just ship it. If I do say I’m nymz and I’m looking to review Serial or Canon and say “Can I get a small discount to help me out?”, they ask for all my credentials, I give them and then they go rogue. It’s like the third time lol.

Anyways, since Tfaduh is sending it, I’ll just test Serial for now. Later I’ll consider if I want to buy it and/or Canon.

1 Like

Oh ok, that’s different to what I’d thought. Glad they would ship it to you if you were just buying it.

1 Like

@nymz be like " Don’t you know who I am !? " :rofl:

2 Likes

You should get these filters if you want to mod like that.

(the different numbers are the densities, higher = higher density = more damping)

2 Likes

Can you or someone with the Tea post a macro shot on the nozzle so I can take a look at the filter?

1 Like

I’ve been reading posts in the Mangird Tea thread and read something about the Olina filter mod? How does one get a hold of these filters without buying the actual IEM?

I’ve also seen posts of members who seem to putting filters and / or tape (?) on-top of the vent holes. Am I reading this correctly? - sorry, I am still new to all of this.

1 Like

Ah no, money is money. They could have just said no and I’d pay for it full tbh :joy:

Will have serial on monday btw :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stock filters! Add one that comes inside the box above the current one. Basicly use two filters stacked :slight_smile:

Some people keep experimenting with different filters, but the original mod is with the stock filters :slight_smile:

It’s the Olina filter/blessing 2, or are you talking about the metal one?

1 Like

yeah, the stock one.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah those are considered as having close to zero damping.

3 Likes

B2 is also close to zero damping as well but it sounds more airy than the stock :thinking: And the Olina filters certainly tames the vocals but idk why everything sound clearer. Welp, more testing I guess :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep pretty much equivalent to storm/drainage grill’s lol.

2 Likes

Which one would you say replays Laurent Garnier better? Thanks

Let me find out!