Nymzreviews.com official thread

I have no easy answer for you. They are both doing pretty much the same to Laurent. Keep in mind I have both spinning on a XD-05 Plus with Burson amps. I have no clue what amp you have, but that’s a major issue if you don’t have a powerful amp with Lancer, imo.

If you want the best bass, Zerker 1. If you want the best balance, Lancer 1. Both have great mid-bass impact, which is a kicker for the genre.

If it was for my tastes, I’d go Lancer 1 by an hair, but for you, now that I think about it, Zerker 1 hands down.

You love Timeless. Zerker is that style of bass. Dry but bodied, clean cutted to mids and elevated. The treble extension is different, since it’s an L instead of a V, but I think it will suit you best given the Timeless.

In my opinion, go Berserker 1!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!!!
I do feel that it would be really cool to have a earbud with great bass like the berzerker.
However (and yes I still love the Timeless) I’m finding myself enjoying music these days will less bass. I think I’m becoming either a bass-let or a mid-head. In addition to Timeless, I have Chu and K64.
Maybe Lancer would be good but Zerker is tempting.

I don’t have a lot of sources, Apple dongle and Sonata HD Pro. Maybe time to buy a new source :thinking:

3 Likes

Can we all just appreciate the amount of work and sheer volume this man @nymz has put into this site in less than a years time? I mean, really, dude. Where. Do. You. Find. The. Time?

I being so new here, genuinely enjoy your write ups and interactions within our small community here. Seriously. Thank you :pray:

16 Likes

I’m guessing he doesn’t have kids :grin:
I have two and this is where all my time and energy goes. But thankfully there is always music

11 Likes

I just tried my luck at the Vernus but missed out. It was sold out in the 3 minutes that I got distracted for.

I was not expecting much but am still bummed.

Congratulations to all who are lucky enough to score a pair.

1 Like

I have 1 and another on the way in less than a month. I feel you sir.

2 Likes

I don’t sleep, I try to multi-task and every activity is a chance to gather more impressions. I listen at work, in comutes, washing dishes, etc. Impressions during work have been harder to get, as I have costumers and a team to manage, but it is what it is.

I have to. I do work 12+ hours a day and I have to spend at least 2/3 hours a day with my girl. Everything else is grind. Social life gets pushed into weekends.

Thanks, warms my heart. As I’ve told many many times before, the only reason I accepted to review stuff was to help the community. I try to help it as much as I can. Less than a year ago I was just joining. Nothing but a newcomer asking if my FH3 and btr5 were cool. After some hours and meeting a lot of nice people, here we are.

People helped me, so I intended to double it. You can find my samples scattered around the internet, to those who need the most or helped me some way or another. For those that I couldnt reach yet, i try to help with reviews and takes. I intend to leave a footprint double the size I found and help hfgf to grow.

This meant hours of researching, money spent, spell checking, graph reading, e-mail trading etc. I reserve at least half an hour when I wake up just to reply to forums, brands and discords.

There’s no place like home. And I feel at home here.

I don’t, obviously :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Thieaudio ELIXIR

My Budget, Maximum at $150 :cry:

4 Likes

Do I need to mention I’m interested?

To bad it’s a pre order :grimacing:

2 Likes

I don’t need another IEM I don’t need another IEM

7 Likes

I need money money money :musical_note: , :crab::crab:

1 Like

Bart!

6 Likes

3 dimensional drivers :thinking:
This whole time I’ve been listening in measly 2D and I had no idea.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Haha don’t tempt me :joy: luckily I have my short / medium-term endgame set arriving next week - the Canon! Won’t need another set for a while

4 Likes

Amen to that, brother. I too have 1 kid, plus a stupid job with stupid hours. I genuinely always try to put time aside to listen to music, mostly in the car on my home and to work, it’s not ideal but it’s all the time I usually get. But everyday, I’m happy to make the compromise. Music is absolutely such a huge part of my life just like all of us here.

3 Likes

It shows, man. I’m grateful. Truly. I think all of us are honestly. I cannot believe your output the last 3-4 months. I look forward to your next write up and review :pray:

7 Likes

Good god damn, am I interested. I’ve become somewhat of a TA shill, I’m not even ashamed to admit it.

1 Like

Sort of interested in that Kima-therapy. Single DD has great potential (DM for example) but can also just be lame (Zen for example). All personal opinion not trying to start an argument with anyone who loves their Zen.

EDIT: Ran some google translate, and apparently Kima should be around 10,000 yen and 80,000 for Vulkan, which is about $80 and $630.
Slapping a comment together quickly and without research, looks like Kato build with Aria price?

1 Like

Dragged any coworkers into the hole with you?