Nymzreviews.com official thread

Don’t tell me stuff like that, I did the math and I should be good with like 14mW (80 dB SPL + 40dB headroom for transients) :smiley: I got someone to borrow me NW-A55 with WM1Z software for a while to test this pairing soon, but it is weak as hell (35mW at 16 Ohm).
But we will see in real life how math and theory compares to the reality, as an engineer I need to trust the numbers first, but then verify in testing

4 Likes

Very opposite to my experience.

The Mest Mk2 was really the first IEM where I find that the source actually matters. It sounds not good at all on my smartphone. Much better with the Apple (EU) dongle. And then I tested it on a Topping DX5, which basically sounded identical. (and tested about 5 other sources as well)

Based on my practical testing I do think a low output impedance is the crucial part for the Mest (and possibly all tribrids). I think a hugh power headroom is not something that makes a difference. Sure, if you run at 90% power for normal listening, that is not enough, but the Apple (EU) dongle already gets too loud at 50% volume, which is more than enough. Let’s not forget that the MEST is really easy to drive power-wise compared to other tribrids like the ThieAudio Oracle, which need more power than even the Timeless.

2 Likes

Was tinkering around with the EQ tool and made this:

I call this the TEA07 and I prefer it over stock Tea :stuck_out_tongue:
Very clean sound signature.

Also made this Olina EQ:

Sounds similar to the Tea but with more treble/air.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I will have to experiment with it when I have time later in the week.

I was thinking about trying out something like this with either Olina or S12. Planar IEMs never seem to have the imaging, but they do take EQ incredibly well. I am not a big EST fan, so being able to get close to the EJ07 without the EST is a complete win for my ears.

3 Likes

I tried something similar from timeless to tea, but with auto EQ only, without having checked the real resulting FR . I want convinced.

But I’ll try the olina-to-tea EQ, for sure !

2 Likes

I’ve been playing around with the squig equalizer to varying results. It is tempting to get a test rig to verify if anything graphs the way it displays.

MELEnia (Olina Tuning)
Preamp: -3.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 34 Hz Gain 3.0 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 1.000
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 13000 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 1.000

HAliNA (Olina Tuning)
Preamp: -3.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain 2.0 dB Q 1.000
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 34 Hz Gain 2.0 dB Q 0.500
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 2800 Hz Gain -0.8 dB Q 1.000
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain -0.9 dB Q 1.000
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain -2.2 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 13000 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 2.000

5 Likes

@nymz this is for u vocals lover. If u can read everything redcarmoose said
That’s why i v ordered it blindly 5days ago second time i do that after t3 plus. here’s the graph

2 Likes

My only experience of Redcarmoose is him hyping the Legacy 4 to the moon, and IMO it really did not have a sound deserving of the hype in the least. Have any other reviewers got a hold of it? His position is a weird mix of taking responsibilities for the announcements, being selected to have a protoytpe, and simultaneously not being in-the-know.

Personally to take any impressions/review of his in the right way I’m going to have to reread what he said about the L4, compare that what I recall of them, and use that as a gauge for what to temper and by how much.

Please don’t take this to mean I’m attacking RCM’s genuineness or honesty, just that at the very least they may hear differently to me, and seem to have a fandom/close connection with Linsoul from the get-go that is at least worth noting.

4 Likes

Good point. I agree some being selected to have a prototype it’s a bit suspicious and he said it’s not the final tuning they are making the final touches so why they send prototypes if the final product is near done! Anyway im so hyped and i love this feeling :grin::grin: single DD is my thing after some bad ba timber

2 Likes

Hey Rami. Yeah, about RCM…

I don’t really trust his takes, sorry.

I’m interested in Elixir for sure. Believe it or not, I was just talking with HBB on the side about it.

Will let you guys know if I end up getting one. :pray:

4 Likes

First video review of Hiby R5ii. I don’t know the guy and how trustful he is, but he is praising this DAP on Class A specifically.

From my side I think it looks much bigger in his hands than in the pictures.

2 Likes

I don’t know him :sweat_smile:cz i trust u guys i just use and trust hifi guides, i was kinda forced to go there trying justify my blind buy. my brain was overthinking should i cancel and wait for reviews, what can i get for 200$…

1 Like

I’m not saying TA Elixir won’t be great, I’m interested :stuck_out_tongue: Just saying he likes mostly everything that comes out in his mailbox.

I’m sure you’ll be pleased :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point he turned from a reviewer to promoter :face_with_monocle:. for that he got a prototype :neutral_face: its so strange that company launch a product then send prototypes and retune or adjust idk but i have a small feeling that it could be a SQ problem with that multi layered DD

I hope so :grin::grin::grin:

Azla SednaEarfit Crystal best eartips in the world better then foam tips in my experience i get more resolution without harshness, more controled bass and textured vocals + best fit ever. Thnx @nymz now i understand why u always suggest them :star_struck:

I can confirm this review and they are same sounding as the tws model

3 Likes

5 Likes

Guess it’s time to take some holidays from work…

:cry:

The T1s has some strange treble it seems. I’m looking forward to what you think of them.

1 Like

Definitely awaiting your take on the Hook, got mine yesterday, S12 and Timeless are getting a run right now

1 Like

Thanks for the trust. I do really prefer crystal to Xelastic.

I have to disclose that I’ve been using less and less tips nowadays. I find myself always reaching for the same ones.

4 Likes