Nymzreviews.com official thread

Blessings would be logical step up. You thinking they have more timbre problems than the Chu?

1 Like

That’s what I heard + fit issues

1 Like

Chu being a single DD and with what others have said about the timbre (being natural). The Blessing 2 will definitely be a big step down in that aspect along with coherency.

4 Likes

Oof. Let’s hope you got a dud :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes I did not realize it was a dd. I guess I should have assumed at the price. Moondrop specializes in single dds what with this and all the others. I do not care for the Aria so I assuming similar tuning ?

1 Like

Chu looks more similar to the B2 than Aria, which is more harman.

4 Likes

After hearing the Chu I EQd my Tea and it sounds even better now. More stage air, improved female vocals, and a mid-bass boost :wink: If anyone wants to try:

You might find the PEQ function on squigs (mine, precogs and MRS) useful.

5 Likes

Game changer :+1:

yeah, its an awesome tool.

Its not on all the squigs yet, but MRS, Precog and my own should cover a lot of iems.

4 Likes

:sunglasses: Very very handy tool

1 Like

Yeah really awesome, been using it for a bit. Need it on mine

Sorry, I’ve was busy yesterday and I had no chance to reply back to anyone.

This Penon Serial set was bought by @Tfaduh but sent to me for a take and to measure if everything was alright. What I hear is what I wrote above.

Penon told @Tfaduh to send the monitors to their wharehouse for a check, so I’m guessing I will have to wait at least a month to hear from them. Review will be on hold as I can’t believe everyone is hearing the same thing I am…

At this point, the comparison would be 20usd sets and not stuff above 100. There must be something wrong and they will check.

6 Likes

MEST arrived. I am during first listening session at work. They are amazing, the best yet in my collection, but no huge mind-blowing happened yet (it is probably more a compliment to Tea, S12 and Olinas that I have/had than point against MEST themselves).

Bass is great, goes down deep, but not a huge improvement over Tea.
I was afraid that mids/vocals would be too recessed for my taste (loving Tea and Olina), but they are just the way I would image them to be.
Treble and airiness is huge, but with some tips I find some slight sibilance.

Speaking of tips I think I would need to tip roll heavily - right now I am using large spring tips and in some songs this magical diffused imaging is happening (Paprika - Japanese Breakfast) and in some it is not present as evidently.
Right now I use them balanced on Q5k on LDAC from Spotify (yay), so some source pairing would probably be needed as well.
What is interesting is that with original silicone tips I had teethache sometimes… Either it is an accident/placebo or this BC driver is not a gimmick.

Shells are huge, US stock cable (as stock cables change by region) is partially shit (the shrink tube used everyewhere) partially well made (the cable cores, the connector’s metal housing), but the 3,5mm plug was too loose in my sources. Also it did oxidize, so I use aftermarket 2,5mm hifihear cable which is fine.

9 Likes

Try comply. Very very very tip and somewhat fit dependent.

1 Like

I would try this stock comply tx tips definitely after I would decide ifI keep the set or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

even though I don’t find the sound of the Mest MK2 offensive at all it does get pretty fatiguing after about an hour, I feel like the BC is the reason lol

1 Like

I read stuff like this all the time, but with my Mest Mk2 I don’t find them to be airy at all (maybe more air then Tea, but less air then a ThieAudio Excalibur or the Timeless). Maybe the Mk1 is just better in this regard or something is wrong with my Mest…

1 Like

Are you feeding it power? ESTs like power. I thought Timeless was decently airy but not close to the MEST MK2.

1 Like

I think OGs were supposed to be better in that department than MK2

1 Like