Nymzreviews.com official thread

Dude, congrats! Enjoy them teas :coffee: They truly are a legendary set around these parts at this point.

2 Likes

We own your soul.

2 Likes

The tea cult shall forever be calling my name :upside_down_face:

1 Like

What are you waiting for? Just take one sip…you won’t regret it.:wink:

2 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye: please … no! Honestly, I’d love to get a pair. I’ve seen some used sets go for a price that I could sink my teeth into for sure. But the way I’ve gone about my last year or so in the hobby can be described as “cautious”. In the past, when I first got into the hobby I was pretty careless with my purchases and that caused me to learn a very valuable and expensive lesson. Now a days, I buy a cheaper set every now and again but anything in the hundreds are purchased few and far between. For context, I bought the timeless way back in November for the 11.11 sale, used and loved those for 4 months, then went ahead after a ton of consideration and bought the Monarch MKII. Anything afterwards now will just be for pure curiosity. Tough to convince the wife of this “curiosity” if I’m honest :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Time marches on and things change :smiley_cat:

I was thinking of getting Tea when the Timeless came out. I have a soft spot for planar timber, so I jumped, then got the S12 a couple months later, and Olina a couple months later ( these are my 3 favorite sets with Mele being 4 ). After chasing the new releases, I thought it was time to come back and get them, but the new Tea MKII had released, so I had to make a decision.

I also snuck the T3+, ZEX CRN, CRA in there somewhere, plus a pair HD58x.
Good lord I buy a lot of this stuff for a guy who just listens to music in his home office.

6 Likes

Me too, but my Ikea desk keeps bending :frowning:

4 Likes

Dude, tell me about it. I buy a awful amount of audio equipment for Someone who listens to music less than 20 hours a week. Some of you guys on here have the cans on for 8 hours a day.

I think we, members on this site and headfi for example, are at an advantage over others that aren’t. We are reading these posts daily, seeing which sets are actually Worth the buy constantly. So I feel as though we’re all very calculated in our purchases. Take your case for example, all of the sets you’ve bought are fantastic in their own way. Not one dud. I think the Planar and single DD sets complement each other so well, that even though they’re around the same price point, it’s actually worth it.

2 Likes

My gf keeps telling me the only time I don’t have IEMs on I’m snoring :joy:

… Guess I need sleep buds.

7 Likes

RikuBuds Sleepy Boy

4 Likes

Or, just go full on into speaker hole :joy:

:joy: oh man … when you’re walking on ice you might as well dance, right?! :rofl:

3 Likes

Bro, when you work half of your day, deal with e-mails and brands, comute, measure/test stuff, cook dinner and spend at least 2h with your SO… That thin ice is a matress :joy:

2 Likes

Dude, I’m right there with you! Trust me :sweat_smile: my thin ice is considered my car, which is where I find the time to spend some time with the Collection the most. Good thing I have my satchel, which holds anywhere from 1 to 4 sets at a time. My friend actually asked me the other day, why are you carrying around a man purse? And instead of explaining it to him, I simply opened it up and showed him. Of course he asked me why I had so many pairs on me and I simply replied, you never know. People just don’t it like you guys do :sunglasses:

3 Likes

And since today I only worked 4 hours and I’m in a good mood, here’s a pick of my favourites, all in one.

• Tips: BGVP W01
  • Cable: XINHS 4 core (made out of bluemoon silver part, black acessories, no chinslider or ear hooks)
  • DAC: Cayin RU-6 R2R
  • Amp: Xduoo XD-05 Plus with Burson V5i Opamps
  • IEMs: MiM Dark Magician. So good at his magician job that it made itself disapeared from the market. RIP

8 Likes

Shit … that cable though :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It’s the same as Thieaudio EST cable OG. Once I tried it through Akros, I bought 3 lol

2 Likes

How does the Cayin output to your amp? I am interested in trying the “double amping” route for my RU-6.

1 Like

I set volume at 75 low gain and let it shine. If feeling frisky I let my tubes do the pre amping and i just fly away