Nymzreviews.com official thread

A youtuber who seems to me to be very, very sensible (corvus peace) puts it (the dunu) a little behind the ThieAudio Clairvoyance. But come on… At the level of that one. That’s already big words.

For FH5 I am sure we can arrange something if you want me to send it to you one day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks bro. Hopefully you can update Sony XBA-N3 rank. I want to see how this 2016 iem compete to newer iems.

Truthear x Crinacle Zero frequency response graph

2 Likes

ouch, that matching lol.

3 Likes

That is not good. Is it very audible though?
I am waiting for mine to arrive in some weeks

Crin also mentioned that he did his own QC for 10 sets to check the channel matching :sweat_smile: not big sample size, but still better than nothing

If I look for it, maybe in the mid-bass but nothing like Serials etc.

Also SZA sent this in a week or so with snailmail. Insane.

Edit: OG Buds were 1 DD, not Buds Pro

I am surprised that not many people mention Samsung Galaxy Buds in context of the Truthear Zero. Similar tuning and both 2 DD setups (Buds Pro, Buds+ and Buds2; OG buds is 1 DD) - to me it is almost as if Crin wanted to replicate that “Buds magic” in a wired set (he rated them the highest among TWS).

3 Likes

interesting, didnt think of that one. Although the bass shelf is tuned quite different still.

1 Like

I thought about that but then saw the harman target and it’s clear a deadringuer for that. I’ve listened for one hour and sounds pretty different than buds pro.

Appreciate the offer brother. Are you EU based?

If not, that would put you in a painful waiting process that I can’t let anyone but me go through.

1 Like

Yes I am based in Germany so that should not be a problem :wink:
But we either need to wait until my ej07m is back from China (not even arrived yet after 15 days)
or you can send me an IEM to demo in the meantime so that I have something to listen with… It’s just too warm for my Denon 9200 over ear headphones :grin::hot_face:

Rank won’t change. It’s already ranked as good as Teas and Olina for me, and that speaks volumes.

The reason for such high ranking revolves around it’s treble and intangibles for me, so solving a portion of the bass bleed won’t be enough to compete with stuff like the Variations on my list. It is already ranked higher than it should for biased reasons.

Regarding how it fares around the current market, I don’t think they do well if you looking for resolving power, stage or a very clean tuning. They are special, Sony after all, which puts them on a league of its own :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, let’s talk on the side!

I agree with your points. Thanks. Now I’m searching for possible future upgrade options. Budget within $300-600. So far, FiiO FH9 is in the list.

Variations might be too, but the big shell might be NO for me (I have small ears). I tested Blessing 2, but the big nozzle is not comfortable for my small ear canal.

I prefer neutral but fun tuning (with good sub bass and punchy mid bass), forward vocal, full and meaty sound, airy treble, good details and separation, good soundstage. I don’t want harshly high cymbals. Natural timbre is a must too. Not sure if this is possible requirements, seems like a lot of asking.

1 Like

Try BLON BL01 which fits all your requirements…lot of caveats though…

1. Need a high quality spc cable…xihns or something…I am using Shuoer S12 cable on bl01 great holographic sound.

2. It is picky on source…Ovidius B1 is great brings out tight textured bass etc.another one is mt604 amp…other sources are underwelming like E44 xduoo l2b etc. So its not just power its synergy.

3. Tips…use some o ring or cut small stem to increase length…so far only Final E medium worked for me…great bass and surprisingly great treble extension too…i agree with the below review 100%

what are you smoking

My own medicine i guess

1 Like

Tri x HBB KAI

22 Likes