Nymzreviews.com official thread

As you said, there are a lot of factors that will contribute to differing perception of sound.

One other note though, is that with headphones (and earbuds), the pads (foams) definitely DO have a physical “burn in”, which definitely changes the sound, so thats another factor to take into consideration.

2 Likes

I agree. Pads and foams to matter.

1 Like

3 Likes

hmm, actually, maybe silicone tips are also affected by this…

1 Like

in my personal experience burning in gear rarely does anything but I’ve had 2 cases that IEM’s went from unlistenable for more than a couple songs to being able to use for hour sessions
and a headphone that went from “wow this is good” to “wow this mediocre” lol
my burn in consists of putting it on a table and letting a dap play music at a bit louder than I would listen to it for at least 72ish hours longest was a week and my findings are that if it does anything it usually softens treble spikes

Kinda funny Crin feels the need to tweak tbe Zero when it graphs almost identical to his own tuned Dioko?

I am very surprised that Project Red is a retuned Salnotes Zero considering that the mentioned IEM is basically a semi-collab (Crin was paid for helping with tuning - revealed on “Why you SHOULDN’T trust me” video in the description) .

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I chuckled:

7 Likes

After snooping around on the Interwebz, I gather it’s another collaboration between Crinacle and 7hz to produce a Crinacle-tuned 7hz Salnotes Zero (one DD) that will have more bass and a red body. And, presumably, will still be inexpensive.

If I am correct, do I get a ‘Project Red’ for free? Or only a cookie?

3 Likes

cookies

Looks like Project Red is different?

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhh that’s interesting.

I was still trying to figure how did they achieve that bass shelf on a single DD lol.

Seems the cat is out. Meow. :cat:

6 Likes

So basically more sub-bass and treble on the MK2?

1 Like

More sub-bass and seemingly more 5k+ as well.

4 Likes

More U-shaped for sure. I’m very curious!

2 Likes

comparing the two graphs it looks like (to me)

• about 1-2db bump in sub bass
  • earlier pinna gain start at 800hz instead of 1k
  • stronger peak at 3k instead of smooth incline
  • rough plateau from 3k to 8k

I look forward to seeing some independent measurements on this

Depends on OG Graph as well. They seem inconsistent

4 Likes

Yours looks like what is in my mind, more pronounced of a molehill 3-5k

1 Like

Thats a good point. I have been looking at graphs a lot recently and I noticed that across the different databases some IEMs have wayyy different measurements than others.