Nymzreviews.com official thread

How are you brother Dom? Long time no see :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Managed to sell M15 in the end - so as a reward I bought those bad boys Serratus 32Ohm version. Apparently I loose on some of technicalities and soundstage width, but I take it blindly. Jim was so nice to propose me upgrading to 300Ohm in the future for free if I would have better amp, but the amp was never a problem, but the shell. I should have them in max. 4 weeks I suppose, I cant wait!

In the meantime later this week I should have Xinhs x Akros Erasmus IEMs to test - how much of a Oriolus Reborn/Mangird Tea cheap killers are those. I would let you know :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratz :heart:

I will also have a Serratus like that in the future, but I’m in the process of boring him to do me a custom paint job :joy:

3 Likes

:monkey:

2 Likes

I’m listening at work (teacher) before students come in to the @tgx Serratus on the Dethonray Honey H1 and it’s sublime, especially on classical music. *Chef’s Kiss!

I’m planning on getting the Alpha from @tgx but first I need to pay for the Ruler for Rikudou_Goku!

All of my new gear from the past few months have been by independent producers. Riku, @tgx, and Nectar Sound (Electrostatic and a Planar Headphone.). Love this! Everything I have acquired has been great.

8 Likes

Nice, congrats! Btw do you mean Rider and not Ruler?

1 Like

Nah, Ruler it is.

This one:

Moded Fostex Planar

6 Likes

Tea 2 ordered.
Will take all my cookies soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

The man, the myth, the legend - I’m getting by, brother, how are you? Glad you see you on here. :metal:

1 Like

Excited for your Alpha and Tantalus review @nymz

Serratus graph looks like an elevated Tantalus. That Soundstage, Separation and Timbre description made me consider on getting one even though I’m a basshead.

2 Likes

Both should arrive to my hands this week. Tantalus is coming back from a loan and Alpha is getting replaced. I do prefer Serratus to Tantalus, despite the warmer tuning on Tantalus, due to exactly what you said: technicalities.

For Alpha I’m expecting a mix of the two, but as you know by now, it needs a somewhat powerful amp :frowning:

1 Like

I’m getting addicted to detail retrieval and soundstage after loaning a B2Dusk. I hope Serratus is better!

Yeah I heard it requires much power, planning to get a DAC/AMP along the way. Dont think my Hidizs S9 Pro will suffice.

1 Like

FWIW, I much prefer the natural timbre of the Serratus to the Dusk and I think detail retrieval and soundstage clearly outclass Dusk to my ear!

5 Likes

Grand Rider 1 arrived today from Sweden with some Kimchi - and it joins Saber near the top of my favorites list!

6 Likes

Prelimary opinions think it is all good and a girl.

F*** YES :fire:

Now back to wrapping up reviews :face_holding_back_tears:

34 Likes

Girl is necessary to be had just for the fact to be able to sing and do what Arcade Fire wrote in The Suburbs song. Big congragts, daughters are the best!

But sons are best as well I guess

3 Likes

Thanks! We were hoping for a girl, but as long as it’s healthy, doesn’t matter much.

Now, look at those devil eyes. She’s gonna find my u12t and throw them away :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

MY BOY!!! Congratulations, brother!! It’s a beautiful journey :metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

congrats man ! can’t wait for the unbox and full review :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

That happened to me with blessing 2 from Amazon. The wrong Iem in the box. Obviously someone stole the blessing just like someone lifted your timeless.

2 Likes