Nymzreviews.com official thread

Are you aiming for Serratus? Being a warm-head, I fear that you won’t like it as much as some here.

But boy are they good…

its on my list but I just don’t see earbuds as a daily driver for me so its not priority right now

I totally get it since I’m the same… I’d buy it instantly if I’d use buds…but I’m not :cry:

imo its not an even scale but personally I think its
Budget: < $150
Mid-tier: < $700
top-tier: < $1500
crazy pants: > $1500

5 Likes

I’d probably pull mid-tier down to up to $300, top-tier at $800-1000, and past that as pure crazy. But I respect paying for what you want

5 Likes

I can get on board with this. Although, to some, $150 might not be considered budget. To a regular consumer, a set that cost $100 and it isn’t wireless?!!?!?!?!?! That’s crazy!

1 Like

jim-carrey-throw-up

4 Likes

LMAO! :rofl: I love Dumb and Dumber and this gif perfectly encapsulates my feelings any time I talk to my non-audiophile friends about audio

2 Likes

Best question is IRL is always “top tier tws that doesnt use ‘rubbers’ and costs less than 50”

2 Likes

Any tws set claiming to be “top tier” at sub $50 better be using rubbers because it’s definitely trying to screw you and you can be sure it screwed plenty of others beforehand.

2 Likes

My theory right now is he heard something different than other reviewers “thanks to” his dekoni foam tips. I guess they tamed treble and brought up bass,asking it more tolerable.

1 Like

I suppose that’s a fair assumption. Those Dekoni tips must be doing the lords work :rofl:

Stellaris was 0.01$ away from prime time.

Never forget your dampening, kids.

5 Likes

That is interesting - I don’t have the biggest experience with a lot of TOTL, but I have my OG Mests and I have my Serratus and today I was going out to the town by train with my EDC Xinhs Erasmus (120$ set) and Qudelix 5k on and boy, oh boy I enjoyed the hell out of them! I don’t think I missed a lot by not having anything top tier.
And while I agree that once touching 300$+ those totm 30$ sets does not seem that much interesting, there are still a lot of 100-300 bucks sets like Penon Serial, B2D, Timeless, Hook-X etc that I really want to try out to hear what it is all about :slight_smile:
But that is just a regular consumer’s life, not a reviewer hard knock one

3 Likes

could you compare please the olina se and the p1 max (1-3 sentences, specially talking about vocals), i ordered the p1 max over the olina se (wanted planar for the first time and from reviews i saw vocals are better) .
thanks a lot ! :slight_smile:

Speaking of Bio driver…well my end game colection now includes BLON BL01 after Shortbus tanya filter mod which also fixed Original Olina. Bio bass is now special slam withoit any bloat and textured post mod.

End game setup.

1. S12 for ultimate technical performance (with pac480 cable)
  2. BL01 for bass head slam without losing any other frequency (shortbus mod with pac480 cable)
  3. Olina with shortbus mod and on qcc5125 bluetooth adapter. Excennent for movies lwith theatre like surround 3D sound…also lifelike youtube podcasts.

Fed by mighty Ovidius B1 dongle using Neutron player 64 bit processing and pcm to dsd option. I am set now. Thanks for reading.

5 Likes

Do you have a particular tip you use? I don’t think me giving you a thought, using my current tips would be fair if you don’t have/use/buy them

probably the stock tips, i don’t have anything else , thanks :slight_smile:

I really did not need to see this as I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one a few days back :person_facepalming:! I defo would have been interested. Bad timing on my part. Hoping your RSV finds a good home :heart:

1 Like

That PAC cable is pretty damn sweet but It looks kind of stiff, can you confirm if it is or not? I was actually interested in picking one up some day.

1 Like