Nymzreviews.com official thread

It flew, sold instantly. Hope you love it as much as I do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes PAC480 is the thickest cable of allā€¦but i believe that thickness is the key in making some of my iems shineā€¦S12 & BL01 widest soundstage and separation for sure.

As you can see the 2pin connection area is also thick which can stress iems like Olina cant bear this cable but bl01 is heavyweight so ok. To help things out I carefully cut the memory ear hookā€¦now manageableā€¦but absolutely worth to try for sound for sure.

1 Like

5 Likes

I swear this was funnier in my headā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for the details, brother - I enjoy thicker cables for sure, but only if their behavior is manageable. Cloth cables are cool too, I may be alone on this but they just look and feel premium in the hands.

The thicker the cable, the bigger the sound stage. Does anyone know what the thickest cable is for sale so I can buy it because I really like big soundstages ?! :hear_with_hearing_aid: :rofl:

1 Like

Apart from some memeic underwater power cables of 1mĀ² of cross section I believe Hakugei makes the thiiiiccest ones easily available. One could make a loop and hang himself on it easily after listening to GK10

278,48 zł 10%OFF | HAKUGEI Lucky voice headset cable 2.5 3.5 4.4 0.78 mmcx
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0HQcW0

2 Likes

Holy Jesus! Those look so cool, probably way too thicccccccc but that doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t want one just because ā€¦

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
I can not stop laughing. My above post was in response to the thesis that cable thickness is directly proportional to soundstage size. This is not true, of course!

2 Likes

I think and for sure the cable debate is not won by either side with 100% proof so I have to believe what i believe and hear my friend.

Thickness and resistanceā€¦again i am not scientist so cant do measurements etc to prove on iems.

I agree I dont hear with your ears for sure haha. My point is keep sharing so someone will try and it might click who knowsā€¦the same way it did for meā€¦ so I dont take it back.

You can only regret not having my ears, they are very sensitive! :metal: :zap:

1 Like

I for one do believe that cables do give you a slightly different auditory experience. Is it as profound as others see it? Not to me, but it is enough of a difference for me to notice it.

1 Like

Exactlyā€¦and to that slight change if able to catch which I canā€¦I got the completeness feelingā€¦yes this is what my S12 I want to exactly soundā€¦so I settledā€¦otherwise I wont reach to S12 and try for another gear to find that small change.

No offence my friendā€¦all for music

2 Likes

I know. Just kidding! Different cables make the sound a little different and you may like the sound better with a different cable than with the original cable. That is all.

This is very true. I just bought an open heart cable specifically for my Monarchs and while I love the way the cable looks and feels, it noticeably closes the stage of them. I compared it to the stock cable and a XINHS SPC cable, and I donā€™t care what anyone else tells me - thereā€™s a difference.

1 Like

Any Canucks Vancouver area looking for a crazy thick MMCX cable reach out I have a Hakugei Healer

1 Like

Thatā€™s right. For example, B2+Linsoul Nymph----> very wide soundstage, but pounding bass. The idea is that this hardly depends on the thickness of the cable. More precisely, it depends on the impedance! :wink:

1 Like

Damn you @nymz. You got me listening to Hilary Hahn and now Iā€™m down a whole new rabbit hole!

4 Likes