Nymzreviews.com official thread

Yes that’s true - My boy @Rikudou_Goku taught me that :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Impedance is what you are looking for, but it wont have any effect on the sound other than the volume level or in some cases (low resistance, uneven impedance curve, multi driver), affects the FR.

4 Likes

What did I do?

Are we talking about Serratus?

1 Like

Ahahah im laughing irl with this. This is why I love you.

I should get one to all my friends that own Tape Pro :joy::joy:

Meet the Nypples!! Err… Ripples!

It’s all about details with this guy

17 Likes

Somewhere along the way you mentioned Hilary Hahn playing Bach as a technicalities check and I was listening, and then I kept listening, and then I listened more…And you did this!

1 Like

I think we are still talking about Serratus here, but I might be wrong.

Just turned on my amps, time to enjoy some music and write something :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Ripples still hasn’t been put up for pre-order yet, right? The website says “out of stock” but I’m guessing that’s just a placeholder?

Nymz, you turned me on to TGXEar so thanks for that! Excited to try some buds again after so long! I used to love the old iPod Apple buds and could wear them for hours. These days headphones and IEMs are causing me issues after longer sessions but I digress.

2 Likes

Hey Nymz do you think this is nutty or a decent idea:

In times where isolation is key… put in earbuds and then put on ear-defenders. They shouldn’t change the sound of the buds as there’s a hollow space around them, and they don’t add a cable. It would be like 2- part over-ears. I wonder if edges of cups would press onto the bud stems though.

Artist’s impression of me coming up with these ideas:

3 Likes

I believe pre-order already happened

Xenns Top

Source is a Discord user called NetoG.

7 Likes

I saw this earlier today too. I’m just not sure how this translate to other sets I like. Need to see it against something else on squigs.

1 Like

Boring FR in my opinion. I thought it would be something different. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Agreed - you could put name on this graph and I’d believe it. I love how companies like FATfreq are doing things differently. We need more of that in the sub $500 range.

1 Like

Very roughly speaking it looks a bit like if the OG Monarch didn’t give up the ghost at 150 but instead took the bass shelf out to 200. Either way I agree. Lots of tuning like this.

1 Like

Reminds me of the Variations but tammer uppermids/highs, and it seems like the TOP filled in that midbass tuck.

1 Like

The question is, with similar tuning and price as yesteryear’s tribrids, how is it beating yesteryear’s tribrids?

Treble boosted Clair/RSV.

I’m not going into Hypers mode just because of the 4k peak. I remember 1 IEM graphed like this but I can’t recall which…

1 Like

More drivers? Idk LOL

I guess it’s hard to beat the tribrids of the past unless they go back to Tea OG’s special sauce. I miss OG!!!

2 Likes