Nymzreviews.com official thread

The result you are seeing above is after giveaways and without counting all the shit on my desk as well. We have 1st world problems I guess.

1 Like

my main problem is almost everything I own being crammed into one roomā€¦ not that Iā€™m a tech hoarder :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Clarification from Jim - Bell Tantalus has different approach to damping of both shell and driver, but in the end it should sound quite similar to mine.
I am waiting for Bell Ripples and Totem then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bat ears requires a Bat Cave!

Streaming Work From Home GIF by Minecraft

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to review these cans:

Record lows for total harmonic distortion levels on ASR.

3 Likes

Waiting for your first thoughts of the Ripples.

1 Like

Oh nice youā€™re getting the Ripples too? I guess youā€™re probably going to get it before me :joy: Iā€™m hoping the Ripples will have more bass quantity as well as texture than the Serratus, but maintain the staging and timbre. Lofty goals but if anyone can achieve them itā€™s TGX :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™m thinking in getting the Ripples and Panorama Ridge later in the year.

1 Like

Maybe this week / the following :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward for it. I already got some information from Jim, he even tested a few tracks from my library, but it is better to wait from reviews. A Tantalus with better staging and technicalities would be just awesome.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s already early impressions to suggest the Ripple does not compete with the Serratus on bass or soundstage

Yeah. This is exactly what early impressions suggest.

4 Likes

Based on what I was told, Ripplesā€™ Dynamics are over the roof. Got a couple of tracks waiting for it :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Interesting, I wonder why the Serratus has such excellent technicalities. I guess I can only hope that Ripples adds in some unique bass flavour

1 Like

That driver is a beast.

3 Likes

That would be nice. I guess I will need to buy the Serratus as well.

2 Likes

Jim also told me dynamics are excellent.

4 Likes

Serratus probably has faster transients and itā€™s more neutral tonality, so itā€™s easier to pickup details. The Tantalus has neutral warm sound signature with great bass texture.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never posted these here before but itā€™s over due.

Look. How. Beautiful.

@nymz is the man, and Iā€™m grateful to have his custom daft punk set in my possession :metal:

That is all.

11 Likes

@nymz how do you determine the volume when you volume match. Do you use a specific pink noise track or run a 1khz tone or something else?

I am asking also because there is a lot of conversation about safe listening levels but music is just too dynamic to guarantee safety without listening at extremely low levels.

For instance:
For the same volume setting (max computer, 24RMS Q5k)
This pink noise video is at 75db Pink Noise HQ Audio - YouTube
This 1khz tone video is at 80db 1KHz Sine Wave Test Tone (1 Hour) - YouTube
The track Misguided Ghosts by Paramore on Spotify ranges from 53db - 85db!

2 Likes

I just picked these drivers up in 32 & 300ohm to DIY.

You have any plans for them as a Rikubud?