Nymzreviews.com official thread

I think you’re perfectly good. It was a nice conversation to have real quick

3 Likes

Throwing off what?

I thought this was a thread about sharing food recipes and talking about pizza.

And now I want pizza. :pizza:

1 Like

well if thats the case I definitely went off topic!

unrelated, @nymz did you ever hear the pre-production KL? That resin one was back up and it got me itching again

2 Likes

Nope, I never did, sorry. Looks hella tasty, without a doubt.

1 Like

Here’s a recipe for a new pizza: Companies need to make planarians better FR and not overprice them. Then to add new technologies to the $600 price range with options for new driver configurations. They should think more about collaboration with presenters (influencers) and not adjust one set (IEMs) 100 times, because audiophiles can go crazy - if they can’t adjust the FR, don’t do it. In the high price range (<$1000) no one can say what to do simply because some sound like much cheaper IEMs and the law of diminishing returns will always apply. Finally, you put the pizza in a heated oven and turn off the oven. When the pizza is ready you put on TWS and enjoy the music and the pizza until someone manages to implement the new technologies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

3 Likes

Just got my Tea2’s I ordered from an Aliexpress seller @ 233 EUR. Everything went fine :slight_smile: Some tax had to be paid, but not much because they declared them at 50 USD.

3 Likes

Impresssssions.

Really like it so far, even more at the price point I bought it. I’d say it gives a very accurate sound (which I really like). Would not recommend it for bass heads though :wink: It also just looks beautiful. Will have to try some EQ’s in the near future. Definitely a keeper!

1 Like

Ahahah, none of my recs are for bassheads, minus a handful.

Enjoy :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for your rec :slight_smile:

1 Like

I came into the hobby thinking I was a basshead. Now realize I’m just an ex addict :rofl: that occasionally needs a dose. Much prefer a more mellow and refined “basshead” approach. One of the reasons the UP is still with me. It’s pretty much my idea bass target from technicality, texture and quantity. EX800ST gives me a fix a few times a month when the itch begins.

8 Likes

The more stuff I listen to, the more I realize I’m a neutral listener. But True Neutral.

Audiophile neutral seems to be more neutral-bright, where we will neuter the (mid)-bass in the sake of “clean, clear mids”.

I like the neutral that plays everything at the level it should be heard at. If an EDM song has polite bass, you don’t have enough. If classical has zero bite, you don’t have enough uppers/treble.

Give me what’s supposed to be there and I’m a happy panda.

5 Likes

Funny as I was just the opposite, when It came to my first few speaker setups 30 years ago they were bass light and more about detail which at the time I was chasing…now I can swing either way but mostly lean towards a fun bass led jam…not heard EX800ST but Z1R’s are bang on the money for most of my library :notes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I guess for my library as well, but I have nowhere to listen to them here in my country. Such a pity!

3 Likes

Where are you based? (excuse the pun) as a try before you buy is advised due to fit?..however I bought mine blind off Amazon UK so returns, returns all day long but absolutely not needed here + I paid £1,614.52 over 5 months interest free…THANK YOU AMAZON :+1:

3 Likes

I am based in Bulgaria (EU). Here the audiophile community is very fragmented and it’s hard to listen to high-end stuff.

3 Likes

Source Memes ™

2 Likes

You call me, I arrive.
But for real 560mW at 300 Ohm? Wtf? 15V RMS? For comparison Tantalus is driven of 0,5mW, 0,5V to very loud level :smiley: so yeah, 30dB of headroom, you could EQ the hell out of it :smiley:
But I would admit the price is interesting

Looks better than DX3pro+, easy output switch + balanced output

5 Likes

I swear I tagged you and erased it :rofl:

It’s a very nice price to performance that displays great measures. I will mainly use it as a DAC + transportable when i travel in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So you bought it? I thought you are going for topping L70/E70 stack