Nymzreviews.com official thread

It is a brick isn’t it?

@rattlingblanketwoman have you checked Mr. Walkman firmware? For me they (A55 and ZX300) sound basically the same with the same FW on (said to be “WM1Z” like). Though I admit I can’t hear shit :smiley:

Sorry it was the A45 with Mr Walkman firmware that I really didn’t like.

A55 should be 1:1 like A45, so quite interesting to be honest

I love my ZX 300 but I like its bigger brother even more…

Tea 2 rocks!!!

6 Likes

@Tfaduh :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Interesting… I was looking at a second hand ZX507 on head-fi so I would love some Sony DAP impressions

Is there a big sound difference between the two with Mr. Walkman loaded?

A brick?

Bro, you’re special. This is like 1/3 of my cellphone…

I do not like Sony’s implementation of android on the newer DAPs such as the zx507. I much prefer the previous models with just the dedicated music player app.

1 Like

First Impressions of the Sony ZX300

(very quick ~10 min, Mr. Walkman Firmware loaded)

Sounds amazing with Zen Pro plugged in.

Zero noise floor, warm sound but tastefully done. Sounds like a keeper for end-game collection and washes away my hate torwards A105 (f*** android on Sony DAPs). UI so far is easy to navigate, good form factor and quick loads.

Low power output, not so big screen and the cherry on the cake: proprietary connectors :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I used to have the mod on my WM1A but it’s currently rocking in its factory settings. It’s been a long time so I forgot what it sounded like with the mod.
WM1A has better sound separation and slightly better clarity compared to my ZX-300 but I enjoy them both.

1 Like

I tell you man Sony’s own UI/ music launcher is a gem. I just wish the newer models didn’t use android and kept the old UI.
ZX300 is so portable, it’s my go-to outdoors DAP.

Seems the upcoming ones will be using Android. And judging by the CPU, I assume they wont be cheap. One around 500 usd and the other at least 1k usd I would guess…

1 Like

Bro, if I would like to have a second phone size DAP I would use my phone with/without dongle. Usability above everything else. Screen size is the reason I hate modern phones, this is why I went with the smallest size Android ZenFone 8 which is still on large side for me. And I have proper size male hands in 80th percentile of European Population
As zeos said about Fiio Q7 - it is so heavy it pulls my pyjama pants down while I am cooking (this is true story…) :smiley:
But I like it a lot no matter what, physical buttons and disconnection from everything else is nice to have near bed. Just the memory of A55 being so much more nicer in hand…

3 Likes

Haha I love this, it is the perfect day to day life example of something being too bulky, that I would never think to use but communicates perfectly.

2 Likes

i can feel you on this man, im rocking the oneoplus 6 for 4-5 years (still has headphone jack) and if i would upgrade it , it will be to a foldable phone like the Z flip 4 so i can enjoy both worlds of big screen for usability while having small size in my pocket for music and carrying

1 Like

There’s a difference between what you describe and a brick :rofl: But I get your point. I still don’t think it is that big, as I found A105 too small.

A critique I do have is the mitter cases. I hated 105’s and this one also came with it. Needless to say I won’t use it. Either naked or grabing a silicone one on Aliexpress asap.

Too small? How big are your hands man?

Not that big actually. Smaller than the rest of my body in comparison. I just like bigger daps :person_shrugging: but not big as kilobuck bricks.

Ive used portable amps like the NX7, gryphon, xd-05 bal and others so, im used to the bulk.

2 Likes

Yes, I think my problem is because of the leather flip cover/wallet case I have that adds substantial volume (width and thickness). I won’t use that expensive device without one, so for me it is must have, you are right - I would grab a better case and live happier :slight_smile: without a case it is quite sleek, though still thick

2 Likes