Nymzreviews.com official thread

I don’t find it really slippery compared to most daps, has it has a soft back that prevents that.

I will try to find a nice case tho. But I hate thicc ones.

Topping L70

You:

The guy she says not for you to worry about:

My usual motto is “Always give 100%, unless you’re donating blood.”

Improve, adapt, grow everyday. My L30 was long overdue, to a point I had to start using my class A on reviews as well (buds, headphones, A/B/C, etc). I can also finally get a display with the DB meter so it’s now even easier to volume match.

Today my reviewing rig finally gets an upgrade, and that’s mainly thanks to Linsoul and their team. Can’t thank them enough.

Oh and this sounds amazing in comparison - way less treble tilted, more linear and less intimate.

Obligatory @pylaczynski tag and recommendation.

8 Likes

Not a lot of bad stuff for me to say about such well engineered product (both functionality wise, specs wise and industrial design wise). Though this high-high rated power and heavy impact on sound is always making me confused obviously

And negative gain would be useful especially for your use case for IEMs. And if that is the touch panel on the left that sucks for usability.

But I am always wondering why are you doubling up on very similar amps (in the end), why not tuuuubes? Why not Darkvoice 336SE or some other OTL amp?

1 Like

It has a…

Suspanse…

… Remote control :stuck_out_tongue:

Reviews. Tubes are better for hps (i had one). Im shrinking collection since baby on the way :pig_nose:

Yes DX3pro+ also has remote control, but it is always in the box as the panel is within reach and I don’t worry about where to find it (but now you got me.realized that it is always to be found in the box!). But my topping is directly below my display at work within hand reach, so our use cases may differ.

Reviews shreviews - find some fun for you in life :smiley: Tubes just seem so well fitted for high imp buds or is it wrong assumption?

1 Like

Totally valid. Oh, im gonna have fun :stuck_out_tongue: you know I also have a class A amp connected to a multibit zen dac v2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I like diversity. My definition of fan has a name and a terrible interface: Mojo2 :disguised_face:

The Sony is also very fun. Jazz on it :fire:

1 Like

How’s the Sony pair with the Serratus?

Not enough power for that. Sony DAPs power output is a bit of a meme.

1 Like

Lammmeee. Would the btr7 work for it? I have been looking at something warmer and more powerful than the Qudelix but its been a hard search

I do not own the BTR7, so I cannot comment on that. Although, @tgx did test that amp with his sets, so you might wanna question him about that.

If you are enjoying your Qudelix + Serratus combo as it is, and power is not a problem, but you only want a tuning upgrade, you should take at a look at the iFi Go Blu as well - which I’m 99% sure will be warmer than the BTR7 as well.

oh I don’t have the Serratus… yet. I need to offload some gear before getting new stuff but a new source is the next thing I am looking for and I want something that can handle buds like the Serratus and HPs as well.

I have been looking at the ifi Go Blu too. It looks like a very interesting option, especially if I am not using PEQ

If you don’t mind the form factor, I can’t stress this one enough (on sale til 11.11)

1 Like

I second this ^ after some research, the G5 is a banger of a device for $250.

1 Like

yeah I was looking at that one and its super tempting but too big imo. I am ideally looking for something much smaller than my phone. I think the BTR7 would but around the biggest I would want to go

I have a few cases from a seller named jelightupworld on eBay. He has some of the coolest molded cases that hold multiple pairs of IEMs and zip closed really thin for easy packing in a backpack, carry on, briefcase, etc. He also has cool cases for pens and keyboards and stuff. I’ll put a link to his store below and a couple pics of my favorite case of his. It’s a dual IEM case that I own four of and love dearly.

Seller’s store

Pics:

s-l400-4

s-l400-5

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with this seller not will I get anything if people buy cases from him. A guy showed a case he bought from this guy off on Reddit and I have bought several since and love them so I just wanted to share them casue they’re cool. They ship from China so they’ll take about two weeks to get to you after you order them, but they’re really well made.

11 Likes

I get it, but it’s a battle of power vs form factor. If you want my honest opinion, I would not upgrade from Qudelix to BTR7.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing mate, awsome!! Will take a look indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is really nice, might pick one up - thanks for the Rec, man.

2 Likes

That helps. Thanks for the suggestions. Have you tried the ifi Go Blue and would you also say its probably not worth getting if I already have a Qudelix?

I did try the Go Blu yes.

It’s a different sound (warmer, more analog, less glary) but doesn’t have an app. Also has noise floor on most IEMs.

Qudelix5k, Go Blu, ES100mk2 and BTR5 are all side-grades - with Q5k being the best price to perf

4 Likes