Nymzreviews.com official thread

I really feel like If you have the Q5K already, the BTR7 may be an ever so slight upgrade maybe in terms of interface, but if you’re going to spend the $200, you might as well spend an extra $50 or so to get the G5 for a true upgrade. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

yeah I wasn’t really too sold on the BTR7 since it seemed like a side grade. I just cant bring myself to get something as bulky as the Topping. Its one thing if it was a dap and the only thing I carried around when I listen but for a BT dac/amp its just too big for my use case

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I finally saw one in person today and it was even bulkier than I had anticipated. It’s size pretty much precludes it from being useful for what I use my bluetooth DACs for.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re definitely right about that, it’s mostly a side grade from what I’m seeing. It made more sense for me coming from the BTR3K. The form factor is pretty incredible for what you get out of the BTR7 admittedly. Some have said that it’s large but for me, it’s small enough to be pocketed, plus, it looks like FiiO is developing a clip case for it which will definitely be a nice little addition. If you’re looking for a portable set up, the Q5K looks to be you’re best option for now.

3 Likes

Haven’t heard any rumors about a successor. Whoever designed it needs to keep designing.

We’d all buy a Qudelix 7K :wink:

EDIT: They’ve been working on this for what feels a like a long time if they still are:

2 Likes

Oof I really like the design of that. Minimalist with a touch of industrial.

2 Likes

If you believe in poooower like most people on audio do then probably no.
Saying that - if you believe in the music - I was and am currently at the moment listening to Tantalus Serratus with ZX300 at 60/120 balanced and I love what I am hearing :musical_note:

But knowing your listening levels it may be on the lower (healthy) side without headroom. Q5k is better in that category.

Edit: there are people in the hobby saying you don’t approach a planar without 1Watt at hand. There are people on the hobby saying that you can drive DT880 600Ohm out of the potato (Apple dongle). The truth is probably as always somewhere in between

6 Likes

Ohhh…you don’t need 6W@32ohm for iems? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

My case is - is there anything in audio (not speakers :D) that you would 6W@32 Ohms for?

1 Like

CCA CRA @ 77dB volume :joy:

2 Likes

A polish and a slovenian enter a bar…

What have I gathered lol

2 Likes

You are triggering Slavic on purpose, not the best idea :smiley:

1 Like

Most people ask me for freebies. This guy buys me KZ on purpose. He deserves it :smiley:

3 Likes

But the question is… did you learn something from Slavic brothers? :rofl:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nymz Yard Sale (Pt. 1283 - Sources)

I’m listing some sources on classfields, but I can bro deal here.

• iFi Zen DAC V2 (can add a balanced 4.4mm to XLR cable)
  • Topping E30 + L30 Stack (this unit doesnt come with RCA cables, but I can add them)
  • Tri Tk2
  • Ovidious B1
  • ES100 Mk2
  • Singxer SA-1 (Class A - Not moded)

Might sell some open-backs as well later down the road. Whoever buys the most expensive stuff is getting cheap freebies. Thanks <3

7 Likes

it looks so nice, enjoy :kissing_heart:
im using the L30+E30 for 2 years now, do you think it worth upgrading if im gonna use them mainly for the tea 2?

No :slight_smile:

Different styles/Brands if you want a different flavor, but not about the upgrade part. Save ur buck for iems!

1 Like

I will just leave this here. Have a nice day :call_me_hand:

17 Likes

Lucky bastard, were you #002??

2 Likes