Nymzreviews.com official thread

You have to leave that to Riku (which he just did lol) cos I’m not much of a Final expert. But judging from the gear that you’ve seen I own, I’ll place this even above Tin T4 for my daily enjoyment.

• Stage and imaging? Above everything I own including MEST and Tea.
  • Clarity? Slightly lower than Tea, slightly above or on par with T4, much above BL-05s & Mele.
  • Tonality? On par with MEST.
  • Mids? Yes this is the weakness. It’s not scooped, just not as impactful and fast, especially the punch of the mid-bass. Vocals are very clear though; it’s the mid-bass that’s toned down probably to the level of T4 (which doesn’t have much to begin with).
  • Sub-bass? Rumble is decent, but definitely less than most mentioned above. Much less than Mele & BL-05s, slightly less than MEST & Tea, slightly more oomph than T4.

As I said, balanced is the way I’d describe it. The spotlight, however, is stage and imaging, and I’m a big fan of this aspect.

Yes and confirmed.

3 Likes

Damn, no voucher anymore…

1 Like

Heck you’re right… Must had a surge of sales :joy: :joy: :joy:

But no joke, even with its current discount at £49, I’d still say it’s a bargain compared to its original price.

1 Like

wow…

Do you have any other soundstage iems that you can compare to? Like DQ6?

I don’t have that many IEMs lol, but I can say the sound stage “feeling” is about 70% of Hifiman HE400se. Imaging about 90%.

Key for me is there’s no harsh frequencies, also no frequencies too laid back to the level of Tin T2. VR3000 walks the fine line for me.

ok, will see for myself then. :+1:

1 Like

Bought! Thanks @PopinTeddy for the heads up!

1 Like

Hype train. They better be good @PopinTeddy :grimacing:

I’m scared… :scream:
Never have I been responsible for any hype train before

7 Likes

They better beat teas at this price. Or RSV.

:smirk:

Thank you, definitely won’t but without voucher though. Whenever I’m hesitant something’s the real deal, whenever I leap in it’s worthless hype. Just my luck, these are guaranteed to be great now!

3 Likes

Last hype train I got in was GK10. This will for sure be better :joy:

2 Likes

Folks yall have to help me out here when you get it lol
Not that I care about my reputation, but I’m really interested in what everyone thinks, good or bad. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Haha it’s fine. I’ll let you know this week :slight_smile: gotta admit that non replaceable cables by FA are a turn off

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Interested in how everyone here will rate the sound of the VR3000 :smiley:

Aside from that, the new Fiio JH3 got my attention. 59.99$ apparently, gonna be available from the end of December on.

The FR graph looks kinda good as well.

Might just buy one when they become available.

3 Likes

I might be able to sell you a used one in a week or so with missing tips :3

3 Likes

That graph doesnt look bad, but as always, techs will decide. I always worry about coherency and timbre on Fiios hybrids. Price is hot :fire:

2 Likes

FiiO will not stop launching commercial IEMs soon. Instead, they need to focus on improving their tuning ,because their hardware is very good. FD5, FH5s,FA9 —> тhere was no point in putting them up for sale, the purpose was just to make money that didn’t make any sense! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve knocked a few points off the clarity of Final VR3000, so it’s now slightly lower than Tea, slightly higher than T4. But I really can’t tell whether it’s the problem of the volume since the Tea is so efficient while VR3000 is hard to power. It could also be the illusion that the Tea tuning has a more frontward vocals.

However, when I A/B test UM MEST and VR3000, I’m honestly hearing a lot of similarities… MEST just has a bit more of that metallic touch in the high cymbals. Simply put, VR3000 sounds like the relaxed version of the energetic MEST.

Of course, the more time the better, and I haven’t done a comparison for a ton of tracks. Currently I’ve been using this as the test track, but highly recommend (extension is great):

Both MEST and VR3000 are using Final E tips, powered with iFi Zen DAC v2.
VR3000 scales well with tubes, although Zen DAC mantains its clean presentation better.

2 Likes