Nymzreviews.com official thread

LOL dude, don’t knock your self. Try better lightning and try to shoot in RAW. You can utilize Lightroom mobile too! These were shot on my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

I don’t want to muddy up the thread so please, excuse me sir @nymz

8 Likes

Yes I forgot I don’t shoot in raw and only edit in app, I just need to take the time. Ooof those Lambo’s, love that color scheme

1 Like

Y’all sure us having fun in here tonight. I’m feeling kinda left out cause I have nothing to add lol

3 Likes

It’s a labor of love, my friend. That’s for sure. And if that picture was of a Honda civic I’m sure it wouldn’t be as striking :joy:

If you ever need any tips or whatever when it comes to photos, I’m always happy to help! My PM box is always open :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

You just attracted @GooberBM :man_facepalming:

Ouch, Papa @nymz is mad at me :grimacing::pleading_face::grimacing:

Yes. Buy Ripples :clown_face:

3 Likes

In time, I likely will. My girl really enjoyed Serratus, not just because they sound great but she has Auditory Processing Disorder and wears hearing aides, so IEMs are a non-starter because her ear holes are already occupied.

She had fun getting to see and play with the toys I talk about all the time that aren’t accessible to her.

So I’m going to be a loving boyfriend (evil mastermind) and drag her to hell with me :grin::blush::smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Oh I’m sure. I EQd the Heyday to the U12t in the other thread and it’s really not a big difference definitely not a 10x the price difference!

If you’re up for EQing you could try something like this to really compare the tech side-by-side

3 Likes

I’m definitely down for some EQing! I’ll give this a shot when I have the chance to sit down and try it out - admittedly, my pair of timeless has sat dormant on my desk for the last 4 months :smiling_face_with_tear: but I wouldn’t mind breaking em out to have some fun with EQ.

Thanks for the idea, man!

1 Like

I appreciate it bro thankyou

1 Like

Ya definitely not a 10x difference, having heard both, I’d say maybe not even 2x detail wise, but the main changes come from dynamics and imaging which is hard to produce from EQ alone. Maybe someone who currently owns both (or another planar) can compare them!

2 Likes

How is the Wu OG bass compared to Timeless? It’s it as punchy?

1 Like

It’s hard to describe and it doesn’t show me anything graph wise but no, Timeless does something to that punchy kick region of the spectrum, it’s almost like the Wu’s have a hollowness to it. It’s hard to describe, like when I was producing, my kicks were a mix of 3 tracks, one for the high transient, one for that mid punch, then ur rumble, it’s like the mid punch is quite recessed

4 Likes

I just compared the Timeless to the MMK2. I found detail retrieval to be fairly similar. The MMK2 adds a more punchy mid-bass and has a more prominent lower end, drawing your ears lower in the spectrum. Details in the Timeless are more noticeable in the mids than the MMK2, because your ear is drawn to this region rather than the bass.

5 Likes

Very accurate assessment- I second this.

1 Like

Man, you guys and your good fit. When I tried the MMK2 it felt like the low swere recessed, but would love to experience that bass some day!

1 Like

don’t get me wrong here, with the eq this set is :kissing_heart:
i just needed to tame down this region and its something i notice i do on every iem including my p1 max, i guess its something about my hearing that really sensitive to this.

how can i do this ? this might be really interesting :cookie:
well just did -

i don’t know but it seemed like the p1 plus is very similar

Let’s see how wide this thing sounds

Edit: This thing has absolutely exceptional build quality. Feels better than RU6/M15, down to the switches. Impressive.

Edit 2: First impressions: Wide indeed. So nice, so immersive & enveloping.This is what you want in a dongle, for IEM listening. I don’t hear any jarring/digital quality like I did with M15. It is at the same time more polished/refined than the RU6.

It may have less raw detail than M15 bit it’s a sacrifice I can live with considering the presentation of this thing. Lovely.

Edit 3: Improvement in separation almost always go hand-in-hand with stage width and this is the case here too. Much easier time dicerning and disecting the elements of a song. Within 15min this dongle has
become my favourite so far, quite confident in saying this.

12 Likes