Nymzreviews.com official thread

After couple of days with Teas here is my another set of impressions:

• Teas are very easy and safe recommendation to anyone starting IEM adventure with mid budget. It just takes everything you throw at them and play it very pleasantly. I had trips with Outkast - Stankonia then Leonard Cohen, then Kanye West - College Dropout and back to Led Zeppelin - IV. Everything was nice and smooth when I wanted to have background music for some DIY (today my wife imagined having a shed cleaned up and new shelf set up - we have -5degC and lot of snowā€¦). Everything was clear and resolving enough when I wanted to listen my go to test album Rumours by FWM. Great stuff in general!

• above makes it also a jack of all trades a little and made me realize how exceptional T800 was. It did not work well with a lot of my rock organic library like Led Zeppelin, Arcade Fire, classic rap, but it was simply amazing with electronic music, indietronica etc. For example Maek Kozelek and Jimmy Lavalle album Perils from the Sea - beats felt right inside my head overwhelming me with this dense atmosphere (in good sense) Gustavo - YouTube .
    In Tea the album feels great as well, but nothing above standard.
    Same story for Radiohead - Kid A and everything in right place for example.

• fit - I need to revise my initial praise. The nozzle is huge in diameter and I can imagine it causing some problemsā€¦ I had sore canal because initially chosen stock L tips turned out too large obviously. I ended up with my favourite Audiosense S400 and everything is fine for me though.

• bass - damn, I missed this DD bass with full BA T800. I thought I donā€™t (even having Meles - I treated them as fun, but not a daily driver), but now I know it. Having good rumble, while not sacrificing on resolution is something great.

Overall - 95/100. I would recommend it to anyone of my friends who might be crazy enough to spend 300$ on something like earbuds. Case is beautiful (maybe to high to be practical), cable is ok, look is amazing. Tea might be something under 300$ what Mele is under 50$

6 Likes

Leeezzzzzz gooooo.

One more satisfied customer. Welcome to the Tea Cult. Enjoy the free cookies. Teas will keep surprising you everyday, Iā€™m pretty sure. Mangird is still the best Tea :slight_smile:

Hypeeeed as Im about to receive my pair back from @igor0203. I sent him EJ07m because Xmas is all about sharing. Remember guys, share your experiences with your friends. Fake it as a good deed, while sending another soul into the rabbit hole.

10 Likes

I love stuff that loves power +.+

HYPE

1 Like

This is amazingly looking cable, but I am afraid to ask what was the priceā€¦

1 Like

40 bucks or something. I got it on a bro deal from Xinhs.

Photos donā€™t do it justice as it is very hard to take a pic of due to reflections. Igor was very surprised as how it looks IRL. I luv it

What is the mode (4 core SPC)l? I cannot find it in their AliExpress account or their pics cheats on the saturation of this purple colour

1 Like

Itā€™s not listed. Show him my photos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EJ07 OG and Dark Magician are both amazing. They are both near the top of the rankings amongst my 12 IEM sets. They rose to glory like really quickly too.

Be warned thoughā€¦ For some reason for my friends that have tried all my setsā€¦ None were impressed with the EJ OG and I canā€™t understand why. Because it was love at first listen with me. Itā€™s got some weird magic to it for me and the others that love it. Could listen to it all damn day too. Itā€™s really comfy and non fatiguing for me.

3 Likes

We all know your favorite IEM is dusk :grimacing:

At least you have LBBS.

Daily reminder to buy LBBS guys. @PopinTeddy already got cooked

6 Likes

Iā€™ll be selling mine as soon as I get round to it. Brand new and unused, I got to try another pair before these arrived. I feel like if I had different ears I would love the world of earbuds, but Iā€™ll be damned if I have to keep fidgeting to keep them in or get anything close to a seal.

You donā€™t seal earbuds.

Oh you know Michael as well?!

I love his videos. Very good reviews and comprehensive ranking sheet as well.

Heā€™s also a major reason why I got the Moondrop Variations and why I considered getting the RSV to begin with.

He deserves way more viewers and subs. Very cool guy.

5 Likes

Yes. Michael Bruce is the driver of the shortbus :bus:

We share the love for the trio (Ejs and RSV). He isnā€™t a lover of teas, Iā€™m not a lover of variations and tanya. But we love music. And mids. MIIIIIIIIDS.

1 Like

Thatā€˜s the beauty of this hobby. We all love music, we just love to experience it in different ways :smiley:

Also, Michael is the one who got me interested in the RSV, and you pretty much gave me the final shove to want to buy it xD

1 Like

What I meant was akin to the ā€œthe earbud equivalent of IEM sealā€; the spot where you are getting the intended acoustics. For me Thereā€™s always slight shifting, which always affects the sound, and I lose track of which slight change of a mm sounded fuller or better and altogether fidget with them too much wondering if Iā€™m getting the right sound. At least the seal with IEMs is pretty binary for ā€œall setā€ or ā€œnot quiteā€.

Nothing seems to sound good enough for me to be sure the buds are fitting in my ear properly, and itā€™s hard to confirm. Tried the LBBS, Yincrow X6, and VE Monk. This isnā€™t critique of earbuds, I have full faith in their capabilities and the expertise of their fans, presumably just an ear shape that makes earbuds a pain.

1 Like

Ahahah. I spent half an hour speaking to Michael about RSV. Now I own RSV šŸ¤·

1 Like

Good news. Shoutout to DUDO audio store. I have a timeless incoming with express shipping so I can give my opinion about it.

:santa:

9 Likes

I am in the same boat: never get the intended sound in my ears with buds.

I think the major problem is that people are expecting the same type of sound from a bud and from an IEM.

Buds are portable open backs, where IEMs are portable closed backs.

LBBS is still better than most IEMs Iā€™ve heard in some regards, but itā€™s still a personal preference, just like some people wonā€™t like IEMs.

I just hope I never get into speakers rabbit holeā€¦

2 Likes