Nymzreviews.com official thread

My response to a question posted on FB.

What’s the difference between A neutral vs Balanced sound signature.

"That is the 1,000,000 dollar question. Both mean different things to different people.
To me, Neutral means the replay of the music how it was originally heard or recorded without any processing other than how the engineer or artist intended.
Balanced for me is my preferred sound signature with lots of sub bass and lots of mid bass in a smooth “natural” curve, clear and present vocals and enough sparkly to get a good balance of all the frequencies for my liking.
Now if that means I like more bass than the artist intended I am ok with that but it’s what’s me like one IEM over another.

I go for Balanced any day every day.
Neutral is BORING!"

3 Likes

Beautiful! Can you share the locations? =)

The location is Bulgaria (EU), several mountains - “Rhodope”, “Stara Planina”, “Balchish rocks”. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Noted for a future road trip with our bus, thanks! :slight_smile:
But this year Bosnia first :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :bosnia_herzegovina:

7 Likes

Crin really liked them: The BEST (sounding) True Wireless Buds - YouTube

They have decent battery life, nice bass, harmon-target. Excellent ANC. I wrote an impressions post somewhere on here - give it a quick search and let me know if you can’t find it

1 Like

Thanks Ivve given it a read sounds like it’s a good set sound quailty wise which is what I’m looking for I’ll start my usual trawl of ebay (where most my purchases are made, Yorkshire man till the end)

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve seen this :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

For those interested, I ported nymz’s playlist to Deezer:

2 Likes

A colleague is writing an electronic music book with focus on daft punk - here is his free newsletter about it - he is a music writer and advisor for some large streaming services (Tidal) and featured in some major publications like Pitchfork, Billboard, Guardian, Crack Magazine, etc…

Thought the Daft Punk fanboys in this thread might be interested:

@domq422
@nymz

3 Likes

Signed up :handshake:

Thanks for the Rec, brother.

1 Like

Anytime chap - hope it turns out good but given what he is like as a person - it should do.

1 Like

@nymz are you able to stream Tidal correctly from your R3 Saber 2022 (I know it was heavily bugged in the previous version)? Did you get a chance to compare it to M0 Pro?

M7 + IE600 +4.4 balanced + FLAC + mid gain = FIRE :purple_heart: :boom: :boom: :boom:

16 Likes

Celebrity gif. BRS Kash is dressed in a firefighter’s suit and stands in front of a house on fire. He leans back as he hoses down the house, bouncing back and forth as he raps.

2 Likes

@nymz. Could you review Accustune Hs1750?

ESS Sabre ES9038PRO DAC are another level :slightly_smiling_face:
Everything sounds fantastic.
Amplifier – ADA4896-2 +
MUSES8920 + OPA2211 + BUF634 ----> :dizzy: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
giphy
:grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

I finally joined the TEA cult.

I forgot to tell my impressions about the Ibasso DC03 pro. Its definitely a more clean sound but there is none of the glare at the top shine as some topping products I tried. Spacial things seems to be pretty good and well separated. Compared to my LG v20 the v20 in my opinion is a little warmer but you don’t have to play around with adapters to get the most out of the ibasso. Not kinda hefty when compared to my desktop amp schiit jotunheim 2 but much better when it comes to noise. Has 100 steps which is nice though not too much power although with its form factor is absolutely perfect for mobile use. Ibasso03 sips very little power and I didn’t notice that much of a drain and can over all recommend it considering I bought the thing for like 40 bucks. Wonder if its because of the Cirrus Logic chip that causes the effects.

Synergy wise i think that its pairing with the Tea 2 is really good. The spacial and analytical nature of the Ibasso along with the teas being a more warm set help balance it out pretty well. If you are willing to buy from aliexpress you could get this pairing for about 250 on sale which is honestly not a bad combo at all.

11 Likes

it’s exactly what i was talking about when i posted about the tea 2 few weeks ago, running them with my l30+e30 combo gives more warmth while running them with my old smsl m3 dac+amp combo gives them more cold signature which does balance them out,
how is the ibasso in terms of noise? i am looking for a cold analytical dac+amp combo to balance out the tea’s, unfortunately my smsl m3 is too noisy :frowning:

1 Like

At least for me with the Tea 2 and Tin hifi T2 there is no noise that is audible.

1 Like

Hey @nymz how would you compare the ifi gryphon and the mojo 2? I’m looking for something that would pair well with the ie600 and Serratus

1 Like