Nymzreviews.com official thread

Holy SHIT! Those are very high scores my friend and all I can say is, I’m stoked they work so well for you :handshake:

4 Likes

Yes. I didn’t expect it to be so good, especially fully BA IEM.

3 Likes

This is shocking to me. Did you ever try the SA6U? From everything I have heard its a slight step up from that but I did not like the SA6U and the bass was non existent to me. I much prefer the EJ07M to the SA6U.

2 Likes

I have not tried SA6U. I get a very good fit with the MK2, that may be why. I’m not a basshead, but there’s an abundance of bass here, bordering on too much for me.
It matters source, tips, fit, HRTF! Many people underestimate HRTF and fit. :wink:

2 Likes

One of the biggest joys in this hobby is when you find a product that really feels special to you. Seems you found your new love, and I’m super happy for you!

5 Likes

EJ07M/SA6U >SA6MK2 for me

SA6U has more air and treble detail vs 07M but I found the sub-bass lacking and I’d like more forwardness from the vocals. EJ07M isn’t as airy, but the sub-bass, vocals, and 3D is more enjoyable. SA6MK2 is just the Ultra but more V-shaped (more treble and bass) but vocals/mids are pushed back even more, which depending on your library can be good or bad, but dam that scores really high LOL

3 Likes

That’s right, but what kills the 07M/KL is the terrible BA timbre. The mid-centric FR of these two IEMs does not help them much, in fact on the contrary. The images at 07m/ KL are very overrated. I think its rating is due to the hype train at the beginning :wink: :zipper_mouth_face:.
07m/KL have a coherence problem like most BAs.
The sound is also not cohesive enough and for me they don’t justify the price, but that’s just my humble opinion.
They have driver flexibility with both the metal and resin shell. I won’t continue, because it will come out that I’m spitting LETSHUOER, but I’m always honest and dig what I hear, unlike some money-loving presenters. :frog:
Enjoy the good sound, nothing else matters.

2 Likes

What??? EJ07M has terrible BA timbre AND incoherency? Yeah, no lol. Its one of the better chifi hybrids/tribrids at that…

5 Likes

Not true. The timbre is terrible! :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:
After an A/B test, DUNU blew KL out of the water in terms of timbre and coherence, KL/07M have no DD cohesion, DUNU has 100%. This is again my humble opinion of a musician. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

It has my vote for incoherence / very clear which drivers are bringing their portion of the FR in. The only timbre issue I had was with the ESTs going too hard on steel strings / twangs and jangles.

It might be a popular set but I agree with these nitpicks, it didn’t last long with me.

3 Likes

There are a lot of other hybrids with a LOT worse coherency than it. Like the Blessing 2, LZ A6/A7.

4 Likes

I agree 1000% here! :wink:

2 Likes

While the driver flex is real and annoying (goes away with foams) I gotta disagree on all other counts. The only thing I would really knock on it sound wise is that it note edges are a little hazy but overall its one of the best IEMs I have heard. I hear no coherency problems and its bass quality is amazing. I havent heard the metal version but the resin version rocks. I wouldnt pay full price for it though at almost $1000 for the resin version.

EDIT: While I can tell the DD apart from the rest of the tranducers I don’t consider that incoherency as that is no different when the sub sounds separate from the other speakers. to me its incoherent when there are timing issues that cause you to hear the different BAs that are for the mids and highs and then the ESTs are distinct as well and I personally cannot hear that with this set.

2 Likes

Apparently everyone hears differently here. :grinning: 07m/КL are good IEMs, but not as good as they are popular. They never sounded like DD to me, DUNU does it and does it very well. Soundstage is also better, although they try to make 07m king of soundstage and imaging. o7m/KL have the worst built-in ESTs .

4 Likes

Very true and something we have to remember. We both love the IE600 yet I do not like the SA6* at all and love the EJ07m and you have the opposite take

4 Likes

Yes. I love the IE600 and can hardly take it out of my ears. Maybe the IE600 will be responsible for my deafness soon. But DUNU’s visuals and soundstage are impressive! :boom: :beers:

2 Likes

I can see where @SoundEater is coming from tbh - we all do hear differently, and that’s the most important thing to remember here. The perfect example for me would be the Kiwi Orchestra lites - When I first heard them at CanJam, I was turned off immediately by the BA timbre that I heard, but it seemed to be contrary to what others heard once they started to ship to reviewers and consumers. I haven’t heard the EJ07M or any of the IEMs in question for that matter, but it’s all based on what we hear! It’s definitely not a objective fact, just a subjective one :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

You know what @SoundEater lead me to a thought. On the SA6U the one thing I really loved about it is the treble for the most part allowed everything to exist on a somewhat even scale. Never really pulling extra attention to any particular instrument or harmonic in that range. For me the bass was existent on it but somewhat soft and not elevated enough for my full jamming toe tapping preference.

The Glamdring shares that same principle as the SA6U with the treble. However brings in way more authoritative and punchy bass. Biggest difference for me is the Glamdring, beside the bass, just is better at almost everything especially the imaging, separation and just giving a touch more presence to everything in the upper ranges.

Edit: Interesting thought to the both the IEMs discussed here. redeyes posted this that I just read. So it seems using a larger boar tip allows are ear canal to come into play more and do the gain. Seems like that part of the frequency may have been done intentionally or by accident on the SA6U and he used knowingly on the Glamdring.

Here’s both those graph for a visual.

6 Likes

So maybe my point to my preference is I don’t like any added emphasis or to large of an elevation over bass in the tuning of the later regions because my ear canal gain adds even more. Also funny enough a shorter wide boar tip is exactly what I landed on for Glamdring compared to my usual CP155 choice.

4 Likes

Synonyms of Full BA , before SA6 MK2 came along: Saw, Shrill, Harsh, Irritating, incorrect, imperfect, poorly tuned, typically Chinese, leading to deafness, poorly implemented, very upper mids, a little low mids, bad bass, overrated, dissatisfied audio enthusiast, SoundEater …:laughing: :joy: