Nymzreviews.com official thread

Oh definitely. That‘s the reasons why the Z1R is the only one I‘ve ever heard that I‘d give a 10/10 on Bass. Treble is also exceptional.

Mids are its weakest point and the only reason that prevents me from just getting a pair, but man, it sure does make up for it on both ends of the extreme.

1 Like

Sadly I’ve never got a chance to test Z1R, but I can attest to the beauty of Variations’ bass which I think manages to bring out the “character” very well.
I got it for around 430USD (1800MYR) during the 11.11, another great value purchase, but again the tuning just doesn’t work for me😭

3 Likes

The more I think about it I don’t think I can stick with a DD only set after experiencing a tribrid. The treble of Variations can be a bit shouty once in while but it’s very “clean”/clear and well presented to me. I haven’t tried a hybrid/BA only set yet though.

2 Likes

Since you’re in the Tea thread…

Get Mangird Tea. :joy:

2 Likes

Heavy respect man. Your thread has exploded. I enjoy reading through it… Happy Holidays! And wishing Good Tidings to all!

1 Like

It’s because @nymz here is such a legend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is. It’s people like him who make interaction in the hobby such a pleasure

3 Likes

Your post, combined with the eoy sales of linsoul, decided me: I pulled the trigger on this set. Had it in my aim for too long, I had to do it.

So once again I will blame you if I don’t like it :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the words bro, means a lot. Feel free to tag along, the thread is for music lovers, I will just post my ramblings as well :love_you_gesture: hope you have awsome holidays as well.

1 Like

No, YOU are. I love you bro :heart:

Ahah, fine, I will let you guys bully me if you don’t like timeless :grimacing:

Thanks for the trust :pray:

Thanks for sharing your ride. I wanted to help you yesterday but you know the drill, everyone is busy around this time of the year.

I think what you’re experiencing is 2 different things: Elevation vs Driver composition.

Variations will have more elevation but it’s sweetly done due to its EST drivers. They smooth out the edges, giving it an easy listen while keeping the detail due to elevation.

Seems you also figured out your tuning preferences. Keep playing with it. Let me know what you like exactly, and I will help you. So far, what I profiled from your posts is that you like tribids (with an est), a more balanced tuning while having bass well done still (like me).

Keep them coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve found myself more often then not reaching for earbuds over headphones and iems. The size factor and comfort, not to mention price to performance. My current goto is Moondrop Liebesleid (predecessor of the Chaconne). Though when I need isolation the Moondrop Quarks are a great throw in the bag pair

1 Like

Have you tried LBBS? :grimacing:

I have Qian39 arriving this week :clown_face:

1 Like

Yes. My go to 3.5 mm connection. I’ve been pretty involved in the earbud thread on Head-fi and in touch with @Rikudou_Goku both there and on his excellent thread here. I aim to get the Qian 39 at some point. May aim to improve my dac/amp. Been hearing good things about the TRI TK2.
To clarify the LBBs is the everything king. The moondrop vocals are a touch better

2 Likes

I get it. I was also in that thread for a while but at the moment, everything just seems too much to keep up.

My dac/amp rec goes to Xd-05 balanced. If you don’t mind using a dac (dongle) on the chain, topping nx7 is insane for price.

3 Likes

I havent touched any moondrop bud yet. I kinda stopped getting stuff once I got LBBS and Blurs. Guess my wallet likes it.

1 Like

Why that over say an Ifi go blu? I remember mixed reviews on it ( not just Zeos lol)?

1 Like

Softears RSV going for $584 for the Christmas sale on MusicTeck

Also, the new UM MEXT for $1099, if anyone’s interested. (I’m content with my og MEST lol)

2 Likes

What is your opinion on LBBS as mainly IEM user? Do they fit into some particular use case for you or it is just a curiousity you wanted to fulfil?

Edit: speaking of earbuds Hzsound released new that are kind of neat looking ones:

2 Likes