Nymzreviews.com official thread

On Heart Mirror? I have no way of measuring it, but I’d say at least close to what Akros graphed, bass increased, treble reduction, keeping some of the extension and techs

1 Like

It certainly looked a little flat for me before I bought it and it was a big worry for me ngl. But now, I’m a Dark Magician fanboi/addict/shill.

I’ve owned the Dark Magician for months now and I have no complaints about the level of bass at all. The quality by far makes up for the apparent lack of quantity. Doesn’t sound bass light for songs at all for me.

However if you really feel that you need more bass quantity, you can cover the vent.

And if you don’t mind EQing - it takes EQ really well!

Did I tell you guys that I use it as a basshead IEM with the vent blocked and bass EQed up? It gives me all the bass quantity AND quality that I want when I’m in a basshead mood

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Also, seems like Paul read our minds: Mid-tier 1DD Battle: MiM Dark Magician vs Tanchjim Oxygen - YouTube. @rattlingblanketwoman @nymz you’d wanna check this out

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen it. Im waiting on a JP sony (ex800st) to arrive probably tomorrow. It might need eq, but that will help me decide if I need DM or not. I’m getting a ifi gryphon first.

1 Like

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I‘ll PO it immediately on Friday and it should arrive this month.

Then it‘s on me to write up a review :sweat_smile: gonna let ya all know how I think they gonna stack up

2 Likes

Also, I recently though about trying the TRI Starsea

Definitely a gorgeous looking set

4 Likes

I will have S12 tomorrow :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice! Very interested in how it stacks up versus the Timeless.

2 Likes

Yes :grimacing: that’s the main course!

Will be a fun weekend, I hope :grimacing:

3 Likes

I May just pull the trigger and get the Starsea.

Read too many positive things about them. The tuning switches look nice as well.

1 Like

There was a moment in time I’ve researched about it (they were on sale I think). Then decided not to. I almost bought yume tho. Now midnight exists :grimacing:

2 Likes

I almost got Starsea as well but then decided to get O2 on sale. Gorgeous set

1 Like

They are here, with a lot of gold … :fire: :boom:

12 Likes

Sparkles :star2:

Congratz, hope you love them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:v: :fire:

3 Likes

Congratz bro :fire:

Curious to know your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

First impressions
giphy
Sick :eyes:

7 Likes

I told you’d love it :slight_smile:

I’m testing S12 as we speak :eyes:

5 Likes

Nice - now I’m really interested in these and I think your library has overlap with mine. Can you give me a flavour of a few metal tracks where they really deliver?

Edit: No rush though, as appreciate you want to spend time with them :+1:

2 Likes