Nymzreviews.com official thread

Great review. Sounds like it‘s a good deal for it‘s price.

Also, I received my Matte Kato today. Looks gorgeous and sounds great. I‘ll share some pictures but impressions may only come in a few weeks, due to what I said in my post above. I‘m just not able to properly appreciate music at the moment either. Would not be able to do the Set justice.

7 Likes

Life first, always. Whatever happens, music will help you going through but only when you’re ready to.

Hope to see you again soon with better news.

If you ever need to vent, we are here.

Tea Cult is not a person or just Tea owners. It’s a circle. And we’ll have your cookies.

9 Likes

Thank you. Truly.

It‘s a small gesture but it means a lot to me. I‘m glad to have such awesome people around in the hobby here.

Much love :heart:

9 Likes

giphy-downsized

5 Likes

Truly a beautiful set :sparkles:

Build quality is superb as well. Glad I got this set, and at the same time bummed that you cannot easily get it anymore.

7 Likes

Congratz, looks great :fire: Glad u like it

Welcome to the owners of DM life. We just wanna spread some love… Open the gates :man_playing_water_polo:

3 Likes

Yeah, guess I‘m part of the club of „hard to get single DD sets now“ xD

Quick note on the Kato - Bass is well extended but lean. Which is a good thing, because Bass quality is excellent. Also very punchy. The Aria and Kato measure almost identical, but sound different.

Bass on the Kato sounds less bloated, even though the Aria is not a bass bloated IEM. The best term would be that it‘s just better. Better controlled, separated, and faster both in attack and decay. Overall technicalities are also a considerable step up.

A great set, just from initial impressions.

3 Likes

Relevant here for those also considering nx7 :heart:

1 Like

Good lean bass > Bassy tuning, always.

I’m a midhead, but don’t get me wrong, still a bass lover and technohead. Vrum Vrum always.

4 Likes

I had never read more bullshit! Some people need to clean their ears regularly and take brain-boosting pills!

:face_with_thermometer: :face_with_thermometer: :face_with_thermometer:

What about Crin?

Well… the big problem is that even within the context of this shootout it still comes in as the most expensive model, yet tied for the worst performance (again, under IEF metrics).

6 Likes

I didn’t try it on stock tips neither in bl-03. I did it on kz starlines (from my kz zex pro) and put them on my 7Hz timeless. 1st impression is that the set finally seems good to me!!

For those who don’t remember, I told that something was off with the timeless for me. Something that prevented me from being engaged with the music. And I couldn’t find what parameter did it. I tip rolled this set with no success. But the reversed starline seem to apply some magic for me.

Now I “just” have to find what in the hell bothered me that the tips have changed. I guess a particular frequency spike (or the balance between 2 frequencies) is the culprit, but I’ll have a real hard time finding that without proper measurement rig.

The reversed starline reminds me of the cylindrical tips the timeless came with. I should try these again.

1 Like

Yes. And I would write about him. According to “Resolution” EJ07m, it is close to Monarch MK2 in terms of tuning - perfect tonality and very good technical parameters, and Crin writes totaly bullshit! Interestingly, Mon MK2 gave him S **, and there is no mention of EJ07m in his rankings! I can’t stop laughing :rofl: . The hobby is subjective, but you still have to write objectively!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, some people also sold off Monarch MK2 within one month of buying it, how should folks explain that when it is the so-called “BEST SET EVER?:man_shrugging:

You said it yourself, mate, but the first sentence and the last sentence is conflicting to the max. Enjoy music and enjoy the sound signature you like. Telling people to conform to one single signature will turn this hobby into a crusade. :wink:

It’s actually best if reviewers’ opinions differ, because you’ll know that the review is genuinely their own thoughts. If you have a set (e.g. the early days of T3+) that is hyped everywhere without any critique, I tend to think that the company paid BIG money to buy off reviewers for the hype and marketing.

Food for thought haha, Peace!

14 Likes

Crin rates it A-/B (no value stars) as per link… so you are saying Resolution is lying?

He is not lying. But this is a low rank for this IEMs. I don’t make anyone comply with an audio signature, but we need to be more objective! I’ve listened to Escalibur, it’s 1/100 of what 07m does, and read what Crin writes!

Comparing with their own library, Amp/Dac, Tips and Cable = Best

5 Likes

Crin says the Excalibur is better than the EJ07M, but you say it is much worse. I think you should be more objective!

4 Likes

I am objective. I don’t have Excalibur, but I’ve listened to it with friends. Much worse than 07m.

That is great news, and weird that it was an inverted KZ Starline tip.

I never did try those cylindrical tips the Timeless shipped with. I really liked both the Acoustune AET07 and 08 tips. I use the AET08 most of the time on my Timeless. I was just experimenting with the AET08 tips on the T3+ earlier this week.

1 Like