Nymzreviews.com official thread

Talk about self destructing. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Oh my God! A scandal is brewing. The AuR man is nervous because he works hard to produce a product. Buuut ā€¦ some people overestimate their own abilities and qualities. Small manufacturers do not use state-of-the-art IEMs, which is why there are many expectations for a product that has mediocre sound. The price is high because they cannot afford a low price for manual production. And for Tea - there is nothing to beat, whether you like it or not and ā€¦ it has already been upgraded by Voodoo magic :wink:. Enjoy the music :dizzy:
By the way- are the conversations with Nicholas still pleasant? :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I consider them to be very much the same flavourā€¦ energetic, fun, with decent technical abilities. They are both sets for those that like engagement In their reproduction

1 Like

Hi everyone. I thought about weather I should comment or not because ultimately this is about music and how we like to hear that music and one manā€™s cup of tea is anothers poison.

I am the first one to always try and make things very clear with regards to how I give my opinions
They are based on what I listen too, what I enjoy , however for the sake of being fair, i try to listen to other music genres so that if I say something isnā€™t good it has been put into context.

Sometimes I will say itā€™s badā€¦for example the SHOZY Ceresā€¦itā€™s nastyā€¦no one can possibly explain or convince me that it can play musicā€¦it canā€™t.

With regards to The AĆ¼R Audio Neon, I like itā€¦ period.
For me , and for what I listen itā€™s more than capable of bringing a smile to my face.
Will it suit everyoneā€¦no it wont but then again we have the TinHifi P1 and P1 Plusā€¦are they good? ā€¦ yes they areā€¦are they ideal for me?..no they are not, especially when we have the Timeless and S12.
Now you will get those that will scream blasphemyā€¦Tony how can you possibly say the S12 and Timeless are better than the P1ā€¦well for me it isā€¦the P1 can only begin to be fun to me if I EQ itā€¦and many people do just that.

Another quick exampleā€¦how many people bought the DM initiallyā€¦not manyā€¦and why?..well it was a new brand and the info available was not exactly ground breakingā€¦the graph wasnā€™t inviting , so people.stayed away until it began getting reviews and to its favour those reviews where by people that found in the DM the perfect match for their preferences.
The practical result was a overnight success with people that hadnā€™t looked at it before buying it and paying 500ā€¦600 with no second thought.

Enter the Neonā€¦and let me just say the following ā€¦I HAVE NO INVESTED INTEREST in the brand other than I like the Neonā€¦hell before the Neon I bought a Duet and I didnā€™t find it appealing to me, and I said it.

I think that everyone is entitled to their opinion and Nymz did exactly that, he expressed his thoughts on the Neon.
Was his opinion perhaps a little hardā€¦ maybe yesā€¦but not because he was doing it intentionally, but rather because he is an individual that has been lucky enough to very quickly progress in this hobbie , having access to sets many will never hear, all of this allowing him to be more critical, more demanding and obviously providing him with a reference that is of a very high standardā€¦hell if you drive a Bentley, even if you donā€™t want to do it, if you then drive a Class C Mercedes , inevitably comparisons will be made.

All I am saying guys is that not only is Nymz entitled to his opinion and we as consumers that read should not be too quick to take sides or make decisions, but also manufacturers can sometimes not know how to handle the criticism that is given to their products in the best wayā€¦they are also human after all.

I really hope this will just.blow overā€¦hell people this is ABOUT THE MUSICā€¦ enjoy itā€¦you donā€™t know when your light will.be put off and all those lovely earphones will probably become just expensive Xmas Tree decorations.

11 Likes

Once you buy IEMs, despite FR - buy PD1. This is a bass gun, a monster for some libraries :sweat_smile: .

2 Likes

Whoa, I missed this but not Mr Teo

He claimed Lokahi was made by him and Linsoul stole it.
Anyone who used Shopee knew at the time he was buying it and reselling it as his own brand.
Then after trashing me and Linsoul he admitted it was indeed not made buy him and he was getting it from a DIY guy in China.
f he had made the website he promised he woulda kept that guy but he did not
So Linsoul did.
I saw his chat with Lillian because I saidā€¦ā€œThis guy is trashing Linsoulā€
She said it cannot be because she had talked with him and they had made peace.
Business.
But he kept on.

He still shits on Linsoul and anyone not on board.
Glad you called him out on the bullshit and whoever he was whispering to can go fuck themselves too :+1:

12 Likes

Those were the people that warned me and came out clean.

I think this subject had too many nails in the coffin by now, so Iā€™ll rest this case.

Funny thing is to wake up to loads of notifications saying kudos to standing up and saying they felt the same in different situations with different brandsā€¦ This saddens me. Guess we need a #metoo of some short.

Be honest, be kind, be truthfull. Link music, it will do the job.

Health matters, food matters, music matters. This just a hobby and a business. Nothing worth losing your mind or soul aboutā€¦

On my joyful news, Iā€™m loaning my ej07 to Tony and hes lending me two very interesting and aclaimed sets to compare to Olina :fire:

Over and out.

nymz, the icloud leaker
CEO of #metoo

14 Likes

Moondrop Kato

Tanchjim Hana 2021

:eyes:

16 Likes

Single DD

:+1:

3 Likes

Man if he got his panties in a bunch and threw all his toys out of the pram because you didnā€™t find that set to your liking heā€™s in the wrong subjective fucking businessā€¦You gave an honest opinion based on your personal preferences and library and the set came up short IYHOā€¦AĆ¼R should be grateful for the feed back instead of bitchingā€¦it couldā€™ve been a whole lot worse, you couldā€™ve been a paying customer buying it on a few folks hype then that wouldā€™ve really hurt AĆ¼Rā€™s rep and any future purchaseā€™s youā€™d have not made from them.
Great to see both sides, the good and the bad so hardworking folks know where to spend their :moneybag:

15 Likes

^ this +1 - perfect example of how NOT to deal with constructive feedback.

4 Likes

I guess heā€™s banking on thatā€¦ Grab some quick profits and onto next bussiness opportunity

1 Like

Voodoo magic and any other IEMs can be a total end if you are not interested in any rattlesnakes about: the conical transient reaction is not clear in the range of coherent relationship between the individual tones; the transition from bass to mid to high is not sufficiently coherent; the edges can be smoothed to a degree of perfect transmission in the frequency range; treble and bass can expel air to the maximum; triangles are not where they should be; female vocals, male vocals, female vocals, kid vocals, male vocals ā€¦; high, low medium, very low, very high ā€¦ etc. :laughing: bla bla bla bla bla ā€¦
The opinion of ordinary listeners is sometimes more valuable than that of a review full of technical bullshit.
Enjoy your music and headphones/IEMs, not the reviews, they are just a starting point and nothing else, donā€™t let the pleasure spoil you! :love_you_gesture: :cowboy_hat_face: :dizzy:

/ This is a joke in which there is a lot of truth. /

2 Likes

Moondrop Kato - Impressions

Moondrop needs no introduction. Kato is one of their latest releases to the public: (another) 1DD with a variation of harman tuning. This one comes with two nozzles, but unfortunately I only get a chance to try the silver one, but seeing how they graph and being told they sound almost exactly the same, I will just ignore it.

Shell and fit are nice, although these mirror like plates are a fingerprint magnet - I would much rather get the now discontinued mate version for this alone. Since this is a loaned set, it only came with the carrying case and the bonus Line K cable which Iā€™m not a fan of due to stiffness, weird memory proning and thickness. The carrying case is very nice, I like it much better than the Variationsā€™ one.

Now, into the sound - As mentioned right above, this single DD is tuned close to the harman curve. Having heard of Oxygen, Olina, Hana 2021, Aria and these, I think I can get a good picture of the sound.

Iā€™ll state right now that these fit my tastes way better than Aria, to a point Iā€™d say itā€™s a more technical and cleaner Aria. I personally donā€™t like Aria, but I feel these are 2 steps above those. They didnā€™t sound quite close to memory (due to clarity) but I was shocked how they really graph that close, once I checked Crinā€™s database:

Kato keeps some of the same characteristics as Aria like the pillow light bass, the mid blend with it and the typical moondrop treble curve, peaking at around 3k hz. Itā€™s almost the case of you heard one of them, you almost heard them all - again, techs are on another level.

To me, these have a couple of cons that wouldnā€™t make them my EDC: they sound thin, treble is well tuned but feels unrefined and bass hits like a spoon. They take the detail chasing approach, a more analytical or slightly colder version of this general tuning, which will appeal to some over the competition, but not for me.
Mids and vocals are good, but, in my opinion, treble could use some refinement and extension.

The detail level is good for its price and so is timbre. Iā€™m not fond of its stage presentation, as it doesnā€™t come out very wide or deep, while lacking height.

I feel like competition isnā€™t kind to Kato either. For less than half I would just grab Titan S as I feel they are very close in tuning, and to a part of my library, they feel better. Also the bass just feels more right. Kato has some technical advantages on resolving power.

Oxygen just feels a step above for a couple dollars more and its sister, Hana 2021, while feeling less technical than Kato, is a more V alternative for those seeking that, with better stage and bass. Thereā€™s also planars like S12 and Timeless around this range for this more V approach, that will boil stuff out of the water, resolution wise, for less.

Now, looking into Olina or Etymotic ER2XR, the tables just flip once we put price on the table. ER2XR will be more technical and better tuned to my ears, while lacking the better fit and stage depth, while Olina will just be, in my opinion, a better Kato for 80 dollars less.

Verdict: Kato isnā€™t doing much wrong, but it feels thin to me and the bass is slightly too light for my library. I think there is better money to performance IEMs out there, but I canā€™t fault it that much. Iā€™d like to see the treble and stage being more refined as well. Itā€™s an easy recommendation for Aria lovers that want a technical upgrade and better build quality, for sure.

As itā€™s probably obvious by my words, Iā€™m a bit lukewarm by it and I had bigger expectations. Guess Iā€™m not that impressed, but they arenā€™t bad by any means, just not fitting my preferences or library compared to the alternatives.

Value: 3.5/5 / Rank: B+

Disclaimer: All the critical listening was done using iFi xDSD Gryphon, Topping NX7 and Qudelix 5k as sources, powering FLAC files and Tidal Hi-fi. Tips used on all comparisons were CP100.

This set was kindly provided by @Tonytex_Teixeira for me to try, and Iā€™m grateful for that.

12 Likes

It would be good to have a Falcon pro for comparison. Unsurpassed, in my opinion, in the stage performance of DD for a price of about 10-400 dollars is NA2 + - hemispherical soundstage with instrument positions as a monitor from mid-range an up, but the sound stage is at eye level.
From the review I understand that Moodrop fails to break above the price with DD, unlike their extremely good hybrids - B2 and Variations.
Thanks for the review :sunglasses: .

1 Like

Thanks for the review! Wonderfully written as always!

My big question: Is Olina brighter than the Kato? I have a buddy on FB who hears the Olina as a brighter more technical set than Katoā€¦treble can be a bit fatiguing he said. Thoughts?

1 Like

Yes, you have Oxygen, you know the drill. Less bass more treble.

Olina is zero fatiding for me, Iā€™ve been using it for 10+ hours a day. But treble peaks are very personal. During comutes I use foams for the top tier isolation. Iā€™ll have more Olina pairs for this.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the difference between nm and na? Are there graphs?

NM2+ is just a monitor, itā€™s not fun to listen to, the uppermids are very high in FR. NA2+ is musical, for fun listening and monitoring. The stage for my ears competes with tribrids. There were graphics somewhere, Iā€™ll look. The dynamics of NA2 + is very very much above the price! I recently listened to Oriolus Isabellae - technically with Na2 + they are on the same level, a little better with Na2 + :relieved:

2 Likes

Tanchjim Hana (2021) - Impressions

Tachjim is the party host, Harman curve is the theme, rose gold pink is the dresscode: Tanchjim releases a 2021 revision of their old model, Hana. Anticipation and hype broke the scale, as people wanted to know if it was a cheaper alternative to its older brother and one of the DD kings: Oxygen.

Shell and fit feel a bit better to my ears than Oxygen, as I can get a better fit without any hot spots. This really feels like an improvement, not perfect, but an improvement. As it is a loaner set, I donā€™t have the box and acessories, including stock cable. I just felt it had to be dressed up with the Penon PAC480 cable for the bling, because looks increase techs, am I right?

Tuning wise they follow the harman curve, but got a couple DB boost in the low end, making it more V-Shaped than the direct competitors, but also making Hana 2021 a slightly different flavor for those looking for that. They are clearly targeted at those that think the harman curve is a bit bass light or bright. They still pack some punch and texture, despite being warmer, so thereā€™s that.

Mids and vocals got, of course, more recessed in the process, while still having some details to it. Of course male vocals are more emphasized than the femaleā€™s counterpart, but without being annoyingly obvious.

Treble got a slight boost as well, to compensate for the bass boost, but the ultimate replay comes down to a warmer set. Cymbals, cellos, electric guitars etc. still sound natural without any fatigue to my ears, so thereā€™s that. Only place that, in my opinion, could have gotten a little boost as well would be extension, but itā€™s not bad per se.

Technically is also half a step down from its older brother Oxygen. While I feel they are 80 to 90% the same, especially on parameters like imaging, they give the feeling as not as technical, ence me considering them not to be the same as Oxygen for less, despite the tuning changes. The most noticeable to me are detail, stage size and the pseudo 3D you can get from the older brother, that Hana doesnā€™t have.

While I still prefer alternatives like Oxygen, Olina or Etymotic ER2XR, I donā€™t dislike these and Iā€™d pick it against offers like Moondrop Kato and Titan S for my library.

I think they are a well done mildly V-shape that I can enjoy, instead of those very V-Shaped offers that you can find everywhere, in this price range - like fiioā€™s offers, Sonyā€™s or even Lokahi.

Verdict: Hana 2021 might be no Oxygen to my ears, but I think that instead of that they became a slightly different alternative to it, with a more competitive price, which leaves them still relevant. For those looking for a more bassy harman, mildly V but without the exaggeration, these get a recommendation.

Kudos to Tanchjim, in my opinion they knew what they were doing and where they should place them without cannibalizing their own offers.

Value: 4/5 / Rank: B+

Disclaimer: All the critical listening was done using iFi xDSD Gryphon, Topping NX7 and Qudelix 5k as sources, powering FLAC files and Tidal Hi-fi. Tips used on all comparisons were CP100.

This set was kindly provided by @Tonytex_Teixeira for me to try, and Iā€™m grateful for that.

11 Likes