On the go headphones recommendations?

Hey there, looking for a solid pair of headphones with a good clamp force so they can be used while out on a run, working out, or working around the home. Currently making use of an ear bud named Soundcore liberty air 2 wireless. I want a solid headphone that has better sound but is within a maximum of $200 cheaper is always better in this case. Wired I know would be better sounding but the issue is when I am out and about moving the wire tends to catch things around me and I don’t want to break it somehow. If theres a method to maintain the wire I will be okay going with the wired variation. Otherwise I need a really good wireless headphone. On ear is okay provided its full pad and not like the m40x use where its just tiny looking over ear pad those are very uncomfortable to me. Over ear is fine too.

Koss Porta Pro Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones, in-Line Microphone, Volume Control and Touch Remote, Adjustable Headband with Multi-Pivoting Ear Plates, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079ZB9JLL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bwgXEbTWQXSF9

1 Like

Want wire? Go normal porta pros.

Hmm, I know about the porta pros and they look great never tried them. How much quality does the wireless sacrifice? Also seen theres some kind of pad replacement?

These are light and if they get damaged they’re cheap enough for easy replacement. Fold up for storage too.

Not sure about the difference wireless vs wired but if you go wireless anything you’re sacrificing.

yep the yaxi pads makes them much more comfortable.

2 Likes

They’re nice and scale well. Well, the wired version anyways.

Was trying to find the best sound ya know? I mean I do know the m40x are really solid too if you change their pads buuut they arent wireless youd have to go m50x for that… Id have to get some form of clamp or something to tighten the cabling for wires which again… no idea on but I am open to suggestions to have the best sound. Looking into the porta pros now and the yaxi pads just not sure if they are the best for what I am looking for. I don’t want them to fly off my head during a sprint or anything either.

If I don’t use iem on the go, I use these. Mostly for walks. I have true wireless iems for the gym. (Jaybirds)

I have thought about IEM but I wasn’t sure as to how to go about setup. Never used IEM

well generally for the gym I go IEMs. even with headphone with good clamping force I found they could still shake off. on general on the go normal headphones are ok the akg k371 has a wireless version as well.

They would stay on better than a m40 or m50. They’re light and you can adjust the clamp. If you want serious working out headphones go Jaybird or beats.

jaybirds or jabra elite 65t or samsung galaxy buds + are pretty great wireless IEMs for on the go or gym applications

1 Like

the beats TWS IEM is surprisingly good and very sweatproof

1 Like

Don’t you need like a discreet amp and setup for IEM? again never bothered with them.

Jaybird Vista True Wireless Bluetooth Sport Waterproof Earbud Premium Headphones - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R9QJS9L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RCgXEbAKPZQBK

Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones - Apple H1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 9 Hours of Listening Time, Sweat Resistant Earbuds - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R5QD598/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hDgXEbM1QGTZS

Vista would be my pick. Beats = too much

Don’t you need like a discreet amp and setup for IEM? again never bothered with them.

not if you go true wireless. and you can run most IEMS off your phone I personally use a bluetooth adapter like the btr5

hmm, I make use of a Samsung A10E not sure if that can run IEM…