On the go headphones recommendations?

I mean sits just a budget androoid phone you should be fine with most iems as iems are generally pretty sensitive so not very difficult to drive.

Alright, so if were going IEM instead of earbud, seeing how IEM will have the better sound quality, what would be the best TRUE WIRELESS IEM in the $200 range? From my understanding IEM even have drivers like planars in some cases tooā€¦ so wide variety. Will tag @Rhodey here too ask you for info on that one since you have recommended a few hereā€¦

I havent tried a lot but my favorites are the samsung galaxy buds plus but for gym applicaitons the jabra elite 65t. here is a reviewer that I generally trust with IEMS though who has a list of a lot of them I would give this a nice read https://crinacle.com/guide/tws/

Well that helps a hell of a lot. Thanks Rice. Back on headphones thoughā€¦ I do want to have an on the go headphoneā€¦ You think the porta pros are better than m40x? essentially same price points both are good with replacement pads. Edit: wired versionsā€¦ not wireless in this case. @RiceGuru

Im not the biggest fan of the m40xā€¦ so take that into account. for that same price range I personally prefer the takstar pro 82 has a more engaging sound I find has the bass ports and can get very bassy to dead.the sivga sv 006 is now back in stock and form what I remember that was really good and if you had a bit more cash the akg k371 custom one pro plus , basically a well tuned low impedance dt 770

Custom one pro plus sounds dreadful. Lol I am not sorry about my review on those thingsā€¦ The compression to that sound was just absolute dread. AKG k371 is like $150 while not bad looking for the best budget headphone in this case.

lol dont worry about it the 371 is a great option nice amount of bass doesnt lose out too much one mids and nice amount or treble and detail for the price.

the other one I hear all the time is Koss ksc75? Got an opinion on those? those are dirt cheap

cheap AF sounds impressive for the $15 they cost its one of the audiophile essentials basically I own 2 about to grab a third to mod. build quality is garbage but super light and comfortable.

Mod them for what? Going to go on a limb here and say from the sounds of things, from least to great will be KSC75 - m40x - Porta Pros - Takstar pro 82 / Sivga SV 006 - AKG k371? @RiceGuru

all sound different I and interms of value for money hard to beat kscā€™s in my head that would be my personal list of picks for closed backs inder $200 plus these headphones I didnt mention. dt 770 250 ohm , meze 99 noir, b and o h6, and one more triple drivers. I like the m40s and many do I personally just prefer a more engaging sound and pad modding them definitely gives it that

lol I know I said best budget. On that regard I would probably buy the B and O h6 in its Gold and black variation. No idea about 1more Triple Driver but thats an earbud so I dont think it would be better than Samsung Galaxy Buds+ less I am wrong and those are iems? @RiceGuru tagging you cause for some reason the website isnt sending any notifications on my endā€¦

lol sorry for the triple driver I meant the over ear headphones. my favorite budget can right now to listen to is the koss kph 30i or the prota pros both with yaxi pads at least for sub $100 gear.

1 Like

You mean on-ear and pushing in-ear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the b and o h6 is a gorgeous headphone has nice mids , nice and tight bass. and really pleasant treble

lol but kph 30 is one ugly friggin headphone lmao. The B and O over there is friggin $300! lmfao I am not spending that much on a headphone to run around. Friggin absolutely gorgeous yes but not worth itā€¦ I can be clumsy too I dont wanna break it

Lol yeah lets go with that one

oh damn lol the h6 used to hover around $200 or less but it has been discontinued sadly well on the list there personally I would go with the meze or the akg for my needs both look good and premium and sound great as well. the mezes are kinda consumer tuning though. while the 371 is harman neutral compliant

Having used a Harman curve IEM, the Sony MH755, I will say that Harman neutral is in no way neutral like the normal definition. You get a really nice elevated sub-bass bump, and the vocals sound like real life, and some slightly elevated treble, but nothing harsh to my ears. I think the K371 is an awesome choice if it resembles the MH755 tuning at all, and it sounds like it may even have better technicalities. Plus easy to drive as well.

I would just rather something sub $100 for the on the gos. If I was going to go more expensive I would REALLY go expensive cause I would want something that looked incredibly nice i.e. the B&O h6, AKG n90q(cant afford but you get my point). Since thatā€™s mainly just me going on walks and the likeā€¦ through like parks and citiesā€¦ Originally this forum was to ask for the best go to for actually working out, gym ,runs and sprints, and actual work around the home and it sounds like samsung Galaxy Buds+ fits that bill since theres been no better recommend here.