On the go headphones recommendations?

Oh you need wireless? Sorry I missed that.

As I said at the top, the issue with wired is that they tend to get in the wayā€¦ working out with wires can be a hassleā€¦ working around the home can also get caught on thingsā€¦ less theres a method to tieing down the wire or something it would have to be wirelessā€¦ I dont want to run the risk of breaking the item. in the case of ON THE GO headphones though since IEM in this topic seem to be the better option? I would prefer the secondary to be sub $100 since the original item is in the $200 range

Well then the Galaxy Buds are actually really great for wireless from what I hear about them. And now they have the plus version too.

1 Like

Yeah, thats what I was reading. I was going to look into like a way to tie down the cables though I have no idea how to do so in effective termsā€¦ cause then I could look into like moondrop starfields or other more expensive headphones just in general to use in both on the go casually and more work relatedā€¦ a 1 item fits all sort of dealā€¦

1 Like

So, I just picked up the Earstudio ES100, which is a little Bluetooth dac/amp. It lets you run IEMs or lower impedence headphones and control your music remotely. Itā€™s very small, and can be clipped somewhere convinent and more out of the way than just a wire going to your phone. Itā€™s a nice little device. Getting something like that might provide you a little more flexibility with on the go music.

IMO, the Liberty Air 2 is one of the better sounding TWS Iā€™ve tried (theyā€™re my EDC pair). I wouldnā€™t use them for exercise, as my ear canals donā€™t hold them in well enough, but for just out and about, theyā€™re great. For exercise, I like the Sony WF SP-700N, which have both active noise cancelling and ambient mode to hear your surroundings. Favorite IEM for use with ES100, phone, or Hiby R5 is KZ ZS10-PRO or Shuoer Tape. If Iā€™m travelling, itā€™s generally Sony WH 1000XM3s or Senn PXC550s.

Well thats another reason I started this post though. I noticed quickly on a jog they come loose really quicklyā€¦ Was thinking maybe IEM since they have a more form fit design for something like running around. Like I said previously. I am not against using a wireā€¦ I just am having issues coming up with ideas for maintaining and tightening up that wire without causing any issues ya know? For example here would be say im out managing tree limbs and logs since I live in the countryā€¦ I donā€™t want the wire to snag on a tree limb or something else cause its loose and dangly. @MrAyrit this is an interesting idea but the issue is I still would need that little guy with me right cause it looks like it needs to be plugged in or connected via a wireless connection. In that regard wireless IEM and Headphones of course loose quality. From my experience going on sprints and doing things such as bench press, crunches, etc something that revolves momentum of the head and body can force equipment out of your ears in the case of ear buds and of course headphones flying off your head. Which is why I was looking into something with a good Clamp force. I am all for spending a good amount if it can provide for all casesā€¦ good on the go, good for working out, good for sprints, and good for working around the home. Even better if its some form of wired solution as not only do I not hve to maintain battery but wired sounds betterā€¦ on the other hand wireless is struggle free so if theres a fantastic wireless set, like I am looking at the samsung galaxy+ plus, then I am all ears to recommendations. I do own a moondrop starfield but like I saidā€¦ wiresā€¦

If you already own starfield you can grab fiio utws1 to turn them wireless. Iā€™m not sure if I would work out with not so sweatproof gear though

So, this is what I use for my super portable solution:

They arenā€™t going to wow you with detail or anything like that, but they work and the sound signature is not offensive. I wear them exercising and mowing the yard, stuff like that. I also use just one bud when I want to watch youtube videos or listen to a podcast, but still need to pay attention to the outside world.

I got the ES100 to use with my nicer headphones when I want to sit on my patio, or for in bed when I donā€™t want to be looking at a bright screen at the end of the day. The ES100 is super light weight. Iā€™m thinking you could possibly clip it on your collar, then run the wires down your shirt (if you really want a wired set of headphones or IEMs when you are working out and stuff.

The sound coming from the ES100 is definitely a step up from straight out of my S10e. FYI.

I will say the convenience factor for true wireless is hard to deny. I did fund the KZ S2 on Indiegogo, but I havenā€™t received mine yet. Weā€™ll see if those are an improvement over the Soundcore.

Also, I just read a fairly positive review of some new Edifier models:

I hope some of that helps.

I jog and bike often and I love these.

While the sound isnā€™t the best, you can still hear everything around you, your ears donā€™t get sweaty, and they are legal for use on bikes.

So I am going to update this a bit hereā€¦ So I went and tried upon recommendation the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ plus and unfortionately they donā€™t seem to wanna stay in my ears hahaha. Looks like I need a good design thats really going to hold on my head or wired. Almost lost the right earbud today due to it falling out of my ear in a large patch of grassā€¦ Open back up to recommendations to this. I need something thats actually going to STAY on my head hahaha. @RiceGuru So, I did finally sit down with the starfieldsā€¦ unfortunately I think I am just not able to wear thoseā€¦ to me they are insanely uncomfortable and didnā€™t wanna fit right either. Going to need a different design or like a headphone thats actually going to stay on my head mid sprintā€¦ I see that @Ryllin posted the aeropexā€¦ Thats a very neat design but not sure if that would work out inside of a gym with other people aroundā€¦ sounds like you would be more of a nuisance hahahah. Needless to say its going to have to be one of the two solutionsā€¦ a wired or strange solution liek those aeropex or a headphone.

I suppose I could also increase my budget a bit if its a headphone as That would take over the whole ā€œon the goā€ for walks and what not and at the same time for working out but I donā€™t think a headphone works well for sprints to my knowledgeā€¦ less that clamp force is fairly hefty.

Increased budget to $250 still looking

Hey @Falenkor
The aeroplex arenā€™t very loud to those around you (I blast metal when I exercise, and never get looks). Since they work outside your ears you wonā€™t feel the annoying sliding sensation when sweating. (That is why I grabbed them, since I sweat a good amount).

I have a co-worker who use the powerbeats pro and like them.

Iā€™ve tried Bose sports too, but didnā€™t like them due to sweat buildup.

hmm, thats interesting then. Since they arenā€™t in or on your earsā€¦ any issues with actually hearing the music from loud outside sources and also how is the fit? Sprinting has itā€™s own pressure ya know? I donā€™t want to have it fly off my head

Not at all.
Do keep in mind though that you will not have any noise isolation.
The sound quality isnā€™t the greatest either (from an audiophile perspective), but the benefits from having fully open/clear ears is amazing.

Grab a pair on Amazon, and do an easy return if you donā€™t like them

They wonā€™t fly off.
They wrap around your neck and run around the top of your ears.

1 Like

Alright I will biteā€¦ Placed an order. However, I also placed an order on beats pro over thereā€¦ if both of these do not work I will have to resort to a headphone

1 Like

Good luck,
They are very unique headphones.

They should be in Tuesday. Will chime in around then. Hopefully with good news on itā€¦ otherwise its on the hunt for a headphone lol going to find my ideal set for what I need one way or another

Looks like you already made a purchase but I just wanted to drop in and say you should go ahead and get the KSC75 just because they are $15 and sound really, REALLY good. Even if you donā€™t have a specific use for them you should buy them. Everyone should buy them and try them at least once. They look cheap. They feel cheap. They are cheap. They sound great. That is all.

1 Like

lol I donā€™t think they would work in this case in particular but worth getting i guess