[ONGOING] - reorganization feedback

I’m not sure if our current theme allows for this, I’ll have to ask the admins.

1 Like

The new condensed version looks a bit messy but seems to work ok, what’s everyone else think?

There’s a home page? How do you get to it?

Well the forum page that lists all the categories (home page?) is now displayed as an abridged version with sub-categories on my MacBook Pro…

Ah, ok, the new categories. I think they make things more confusing, but more organization is probably going to be needed in the future

looks the same to me.

What are you on mate a phone, tablet, laptop…?

I’m on a WIndows PC.

Ok Strange that as on a Mac there was never an…IEM/Other category it was 3 separate categories…Official IEM, In-Ear monitors and Earbuds…like the new Headphones one :face_with_monocle:

if you’re talking the home page, it gives 4 options for types of equipment to choose from, but that’s not new.

if you’re on the forum home page, there is a new section…a forum with sub-forums.

Not sure this is relevant, but which of the multiple overview screens is home page for you is something you set in your user profile under Interface.

I wasn’t even aware the New Categories page existed until this thread. I just work from the Latest page, which shows all new posts from all categories in reverse chronological order.

Would be even better if I could filter out from the Latest view those categories I’m not interested in, but it’s not a big deal.

Are new topics locked or something? Did I shitpost and get the access banned for me?

Trying to add a new Topic in Speakers & Subwoofers - HifiGuides Forums and the button has a :no_entry_sign: icon

Edit: looks like I can go to the frontpage and New Topic → category and it works.

It was a permissions issue. It’s been fixed!

Let us know if there’s any other issues.

1 Like

Oh thank all the gods above and below, finally no more Aurora Uber Alles always above all other topics, always in your face on the main page. Freedom from the Aurora dictatorship is ours! :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe we need a “floorstanding speakers” sub-forum?

I personally think it’s pretty fine as it is, but perhaps that could be added if needed

2 Likes

I agree…speakers is enough for everything. if we get busier and there is a lot of discussion that it makes sense to split into ‘types’ of speaker, I’d support it then :slight_smile:

Yeah, I think a better categorization actually might be nearfield and room speakers or something like that imo

Also some standmounted bookshelfs can be larger than tower speakers lol

1 Like

That’s just because infos about floorstanding speakers might be harder to find here.

For “Nearfield” vs “Room”… that would cause problems lol, a lot of speakers are good for both.

Exactly lol, we would need more of a tag system than sub cat