REL Tzero Subwoofer

Anyone here who owns the REL Tzero subwoofer?

Looking to pair it with Monitor Audio Bronze 2, but it’s not cheap and it could prove to be too small for a 15m2 room (160sq foot?)

I’d like to get something with a High Level input and there are few options in the price range (500$ max).

The rel subs are great, but kinda pricy

The Polk Audio PSW505 or Bic PL-200 II might be better for volume output, and have speaker level inputs (same thing as high level, just on the rel they have that fancy connector)

Edit: Klipsch Sub-12HG also an option

I should mention I’m not in the US, Polk is rare and not that well priced here(Romania). Can’t seem to find the 505 at all, found a PSW404 at ~350$

Klipsch is also more expensive that it should be.
Looking for stuff I could also maybe try before buying. The klipsch could be an option, it’s also around 350$

Ah, yeah idk then because availability is going to be something I don’t know

Availability and prices are really good for British and european brands. Really bad for US and Canadian brands. But I’m mostly interested in the Tzero for now, it’s pretty sexy, except not very big.

Well how loud do you actually need it to be? The rel is a great sub, and I would think ample output unless you like boosted low end

Loud enough to keep up with the Bronze 2 without turning into a fart machine. I’ve never owned a good sub so I don’t know if a 6.5" enough. Or if the Tzero is doing some magic with its size to make it work.

Probably not with -6dB at 38 Hz specs but it will give bass. Probably in the reasonable levels to go along with Bronze 2’s. Not really in loud region.
Aaaand it won’t do and go really low low frequencies (~20Hz). To me that one of jobs… No it’s requirement that a sub needs to do.

So i would save money and get something else later on.
Like the SVS PB1000, ±3 dB 19 Hz - 270 Hz and has high level Inputs and it’s a totally different animal. Deepest, most detailed and authoritative bass you can get for under $500 (american) so in the Romanian region that somewhere in the ~2800 ron (600$) region.

Or something else but would still save few more months or how long it takes.
Have heard so many low tier subs in the 500$ region and most just suck… they more like loud low-midrange speakers with no low end.

1 Like

I would actually take the rel over the svs if you wanted even bass (in a smaller room though). But the svs subs are great for power and range