Opinions for my next headphone

I’m telling you we need some kind of award for when you hit 50 Like…
“Congratulations From Hifi Guides Form Addicted Owner Club! You Made the 50 Headphone Mark”

1 Like

I will most likely be following in your footsteps there haha. Also don’t need another pair of headphones, and I’m trying to buy a house so I really should not be spending any money right now but ya know, I tell myself I deserve it haha

Please no, I don’t need to feel regret and realise what I have done

2 Likes

It can help guide you through the stress of real estate and moving lol

Just think of it as a honor when you post you have more experience from all you have tried. I have owned like 13 cameras (not counting what I have borrowed) and I am just figuring out what I really enjoy and what I don’t like or need.

Said no audiophile headphone junkie lol… :headphones:+1 :+1:

See the thing is that I’ve heard so much and know what I like, yet I still enjoy alot of stuff lol

2 Likes

Hahaha I don’t think the girlfriend will accept that excuse :joy:

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the NDH20s? If you’ve heard them. Just curious to hear other people’s opinions on them.

I like them, but if I was using a closed back for studio use, I would rather take a focal elegia. I think the ndh20 has a bit much bass for studio work and isn’t as detailed at representing a spatial image as the elegia

For music though, it’s great, and it’s a fair bit more portable

Yeah no studio use here. Just music and listening back my own guitar or keyboard at home. I have no complaints about them at all, but I haven’t heard that many different sets.

Lcd 1 it is, purchased today.

1 Like

Edit: after much deliberation, I canceled the order for the LCD 1 and got the Focal Elex when it dropped in price this week.

Nice, well hope you like that then :+1:

Only listened for a half hour today before I had to run out but my initial impression was, “so this is what open back headphones are all about”.

Ah so you already have it then? Well I will be curious to see what you think after more listening

Yeah they came today, drop apparently ships things the cheapest way possible. $700 headphones sitting there no signature required, and no option on FedEx website to hold at location. Had to run home on my lunch break just to bring them inside. But it all worked out. Excited to listen more later tonight.

1 Like

I have had FedEx flat out lose 3 packages of mine and take months on others that should have taken less than a week. I despise FedEx so much lol

1 Like

Update: Elex are quite exquisite

What do you think compared to the ndh20?