Opinions for my next headphone

Need a little more time for that comparison

Around 700. Focal Elex or one of the Fostex X00 models. TR-X00 Ebony, or the TH-610.

It really depends on your preferences imo. All of those are great headphones. I would say perhaps narrow it down to the ebony and the elex. If you like a very open sound that’s somewhat even with great dynamic range, soundstage that has great range, a bit better detail, the elex is the better pick. If you want better bass performance, a bit of a v shaped sound, intimate soundstage, better impact, and overall a bit more fun sound, the ebony is for you.

@M0N so I haven’t had time to compare the ELEX against the NDH20s just yet, however I have been comparing how I like them on some of my different amps, particularly the JDS labs EL amp, and the new SMSL sp200. Been pretty busy since I got the ELEX but I’ve been listening tonight and I cant help but feel like I like the way they sound better on the EL amp over the sp200.

I want to set up my rca switcher to get a more immediate switch between the two amps, but I’m wondering if the jds labs ol switcher or just a rca splitter would be a better thing for this purpose. Any input on which method would have the least amount of impact on sound quality? Right now I’m just manually switching which amp the rcas are plugged into.

Wait do you want something to switch between two amps with one headphone attached or two sources going into one amp

One dac outputting to two amps basically, the headphones i can switch manually.

You could just get an rca splitter and be fine imo

2 Likes