PC38X or TYGR 300R

Lacking laser imaging? I’m shocked 0_0

It seems Elix is quite good with the stage+imaging, too.

very well could have been my setup. Something I learned about clears is they are picky as all hell on their amp and dac they are connected to so it’s something to watch. Then again none in this price bracket are things I would generally recommend for solid gaming… for music though? yeah course lol.

just a step above the sundara in sound qualities so yeah, it works just fine as does the sundara. I appreciate both I just don’t like the qc issues from the company which puts me on edge with them

1 Like

@Falenkor @Jman841 When you talk about driving the TYGRs, are you talking about clarity and quality? I use my TYGRs on PS4, PS5, and XB1 controllers and can drive them too loud for comfort. Granted, that’s subjective, but I can’t max out the volume comfortably. I usually have it at 85-90%. Haven’t had any issues competitively or for casual immersion. Of course I prefer using them with my Asgard 3 on PC, but plugging them in my console controllers when I want to relax has been more than enjoyable.

I find this relatively odd. I don’t have any issues with the new consoles but on the original ps4 and original xb1(the actual originals not like ps4 pro and others) for some reason it has issues with driving the tygrs… like they lose their bass and they are incredibly quiet which tells me lack of power is present. I just had this same issue with a friend trying to use the mmx300 and had to get him a cheapo amp for his console

which one is better, on a mobile " mi 9 " , mainly for pubg mobile

i have hidiz s8 dac

i already have ad700x and coolermaster mh 751 , the 751 volume is low on mobile , and the ad700x is good volume BUT while playing i cant recognize the footsteps from the gun shots , when i landed on a heavy area with a lot of players and gun shots , i lost and cant hear the footsteps, i tried hyperX revolver and logitech g633 and i can hear the foot steps better than ad700x with them but i returned them hoping for a better one

i tried a lot of headsets in the last 2 weeks trying to find the best " cloud 2 , alpha s , gsp300 "

NOW what is the better one from those as i am from egypt and i cant test them

Pc38x vs TYGR 300R vs MMX300

I think my 300 R “pre-order” arrived today :0 Very light box, “Awesomeness Inside”. Let’s see… (brb). False alarm; just some accessories for it. :anguished:

if the volume can’t even get loud on the mh751 the phone will not drive the tygr or mmx300 and probably not even the pc38x… you will need some kind of portable amp for your phone to make use of those to my knowledge. As for which is the best choice? PC38x should take less to power… tygr for open back mmx300 for closed back

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when it finally does come in… it’s a shame it’s taking so long.

its only the mh751 that is low vol. the other headsets and the ad700x is a high volume normally , the hidiz s8 dac helps in this erea , i dun know the low vol of the mh751 due to defect in the headset or its notmally .
now whats the better one from those in the area of separation of the gunshots sound and the footsteps which is my main concern , thats beside the best one to pinpoint the footsteps
when i use the ad700x and land on heat area full of players , the high sound of gunshots and the footsteps is high and much and i lost

well for starters, it’s mobile so it comes with it’s own restrictions on sound due to the games engine. AD700X already should have no issues with pinpointing your sounds however, it has issues with seperation of sounds when you get into a heated gunfight with multiple people it causes problems. MH751 doesn’t really have that issue but it also isn’t better than the AD700X in terms of soundstage and imaging. As for the 3 listed above… any of the 3 will suit what your looking for but if your looking for the most -ideal- that would be either the PC38X or Tygr 300R as the Tygr 300R wins in terms of soundstage, imaging, and seperation however the PC38x wins in the -ideal- signature with having the better upper mids, raised treble, and around neutral lows. In my experience it depends on the game… both can go head to head in smaller maps of FPS but in larger maps or larger fps games(Pubg isn’t always a small arena) the PC38x cannot keep up with the Tygr’s placement as the soundstage is quite a bit smaller.

thats exactly my problem with ad700x , and i am suffering much from it.
so from those 3 the tygr is the better one? , as i deadly need this sound separation and the footsteps sound to be the clear and over the other sounds in the heated areas ,

is the footstep volume will be high as the PC38X or lower , and is it comparable to the ad700x? as the ad700x volume is ideal for me

and another recommendation > should i consider the AKG K7XX or not ?

either one will work fine for you as I said. Both do well for fps placements.

after I checked the impedance and their sensitivity pc38x should be louder than tygr and close to even maybe a bit louder than your ad700x. Since you also have an amp this shouldn’t be an issue for you with the 38x, considering 38x also has a mic I would recommend that route

for a phone? no, k7 series is a bit more on the power demanding side to sound right and has imaging issues.

Looks like we’re back in stock, boys. With (unknown) left, to be exact.

In europe lmao

Did you just order 2? Shit lol. GOING FAST

nope, from america not europe. Still out of stock here. Tygrs go out of stock like nonstop lol

And only for 4 different country’s… leaves like +90% out.
Funny though. Few local online shops have em for sale. Waiting time might be something else in reality.

Ok, so… These do have really good imaging. But I think I dislike everything else about them. The general sound quality is “good” for $200, I guess. I hate the shape of the pads, and how firm they are(stock or silver). The lower half presses on my head/neck uncomfortably, and the thin headband pad is not comfortable to me, either. I dislike that typical, dry Beyer sound. Seems like there’s no air or sparkle to anything. I don’t even want to wear them, honestly :frowning: The general bass is rather soft, but sub/lower bass seems a little more present. They are still a little too bright/fatiguing for me, but only with certain sounds/instruments. So far, I can’t recommend these over HD660, Sundara or Tape Pro, unless you love the typical fit/feel and sound of Beyer stuff. HD599 might even be a solid bet, but I haven’t heard them.

they are standard like 105mm full circle pads, not sure what you had in mind… definitely not ovals like a sennheiser.

So this is a strange thing from beyer… I have had mixed results on their pads. Sometimes I get them and they are super soft other times I get them and they are hard and need broke in. Keep in mind memory foam is stiffer if it’s cold or even cool temp… you need to have them warm to be softer and you also can break them in… if clamp force is an issue let them stretch on their box for a couple days as this will also break in the pads more.

about half an inch thick foam on that headband which is more than a lot of headphones I can mention… this sounds like an overall headclamp issue so maybe stretch them out a bit and try them again later see what you think… if not send them back.

the only time I have ever heard this so far on the tygr is people who dislike mid recession, or they are not properly driving the tygr due to power issues(they are surprisingly demanding despite 32 ohm like single ended on my liquid plat the dial has to be around 40-50% which is quite a bit to be fully driven considering LP’s power outputs).

This definitely doesn’t sound right… while there isn’t a lot of air to the tygr as it’s not a bright headphone… there should be a little bit of sparkle from the increased treble tone… definitely not as much as the sundara or brighter variants from sennheiser though… its a warm headphone through and through with touches of treble. The treble definitely shouldn’t bother you if you already have a Sundara though as they are much brighter in comparison…

is this on a hi res recording or just like something from youtube? Tygr has that 990 and 1990 habit of sounding a bit strange or picking out bad recordings… sometimes in the form of sibilant tones… it can also show distortion on the bass if the recording is bad enough.

bloated and muddy, would 100% not recommend this

The shape of the padding(thin rectangle), not the padding amount. I never really liked the standard DT circle cups/pads, so just more of the same lol. I never cared for the typical, older style of HiFiMan headbands and cups, either tho, but they have much better pad feel.

PUBG gunshots in my video recordings, vocals on YT, certain instruments off WinAmp.

only time I get those sounds is either a bad recording or like a bullet zipping down a hall but those are already high pitch… tygr happens to have that peak where those sounds are… but this is easily fixed through a small EQ adjustment honestly or a pad swap which may help you as well… Dekoni Elite Velour to be precise so it doesn’t butcher the sound.

ah I see, that’s unfortunate. Well it was worth a shot. I would say just stick with Sennheiser then, can’t go wrong with them they make wonderful headphones

1 Like