đŸ”¶ Philips Fidelio X2HR

I got my choice suede pads for the X2HR today. Hat off to Dekoni for the fast shipping – I placed the order on Sunday and got them Wednesday. When I ordered from Brainwavz it took them more than a week.

It was no surprise the suede pads made them sound significantly darker. The increased bass did leak to mids and made them sound muffled. You could hear the difference instantly by switching back to the original pads. However, it’s very easy to fix it if you prefer the original sound signature. I EQed mid bass, upper bass, and lower midrange about -5~-6 dbs.
They are totally listenable even if you don’t eq them, just way darker than the original sound. I got a pair of Brainwavz Round Sheepskin Leather pads 2 years ago and those pads made my X2HR unbearably dark.
By the way I think the treble harshness were fixed by the pads too but I didn’t spend too much time to A/B to be 100% sure.

The comfort is 10/10. I hated how the original pads felt on my skin when I just got them but the suede pads gave me no issue at all. Sometimes I like the hang the headphones on my neck, so with the original pads it’s freaking MURDER. With the suedes? Smooth AF. My ears do get warmer with suede pads but now I can always hang the headphones on my neck to cool my ears off, right?

I didn’t get the choice leather but I am afraid the leather will increase the bass even more, just like the Brainwavz leather pads I tried.

In conclusion, 100% recommended. They also made my X2HR look nice. :smiley:

5 Likes

Just bought these cans on prime day, and they play so damn well with my ES100. So damn clean
just a pleasure to listen to.

If you’re looking for synergy, do look at the ES100 :headphones:

Now I’m conflicted - just tried the X2HR with this apple dongle, and for $8 it really brings out the sound signature of these headphones. Not as powerful as the ES100, but you can crank these headphones loud enough with just a dongle.

Just posting this for noobs like me who were looking for a cheap amp/dac solution to their X2HRs :wink:

Can confirm. I’ve been using the X2HR’s with the Apple dongle and they’re pretty good.

1 Like

The X2HR can be run off very low power, but it does come alive more with some proper amplification. It does not need to be crazy, but even something like a Fiio ek10 or a schiit magni will add a more dynamic sound to them.

Also I do second the Dekoni choice pads for the X2HR. The comfort alone is worth every penny of the pad swap.

1 Like