Philips Fidelio X3 & SHP9600

It is not on my wish list. But, maybe someone will grab them. :rofl:

1 Like

Deal? Not really, not even close. :grinning:

2 Likes

Just watced DMS + Joshuas tier list… they put the Fidelio X3 on E tier apparently both just think its pretty bad lol shp9600 is on A tier but bad on price… I can agree with that but X3 is just the brightness in my opinion that makes it awful plus the fact its price point is just straight up awful after I re listened to a Sundara

That tier list was purely a value tier list. Knowing what else you could buy for $350 it makes sense it’s in E tier.

Yes but they are also making comments on their opinions of the headphone as well. SHP9600 was put up there in A despite agreeing it would be better if it was 30% less than its current price tag.

Yea they also did not seem to enjoy another headphone that you and I recently bought. Josh downright hated it, and DMS said he wanted to spend more time with the dampening out of the headphone.

I caught onto that one immediately. He had mentioned the mids just weren’t there… I definitely don’t have that problem like at all lol. Granted yes, it’s very very warm. Granted is it worth $1k? Hell if I know honestly. I am not very experienced with that price tier bracket of sound.

1 Like

Fidelio X3 250$

2 Likes

lol a sale already? That was fast. I won’t touch it till it goes under Sundaras price tag, of which Sundara is $250 open box mint.

Sundara is $274 Open box, with the $25 off coupon (for purchases of $299 or more)… still a hell of a deal imo.

I also got the $99 deal on the X2HR. Gave them away pretty quick — loved them for the price, just wasn’t reaching for them over other headphones I had. And had a friend who liked bass quantity more than I do! I can’t see spending even $200 for the X3; but I’d be very happy to be wrong — would want to hear them to be shown wrong though. Not a reviewer out there I would trust on the matter.

depends where you look on that one man. Headphones.com when they have it up for open box(they don’t right now) is at $250 and alternatively buying off other people you can definitely get it at $250.

1 Like

You seem to always find better pricing than I can — mad skills, thanks.

I should have consulted with you before buying the open box Ananda… !

1 Like

Is going down.

Fidelio X3. 219.29$

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0884XTXS8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9xyJFbDAZAVSG

I love the SHP9500, for me Philips makes simply the best headphones. I like that the bass response is neutral or even a bit subdued, it’s short, crispy and not very punchy. I’m a programmer I listem to music 6-10 hours a day, many times looping the same track dozens of times. I really I don’t like V shape sound signatures, moast of the popular consumer headphones bass make my ears hurt. I got used to low bass, rich mids headphones and Philips, in my opinion, are the best.

3 Likes

Is the 9600 just as detailed as the 9500? Because my 9500 has zero details. Even my koss porta pro sounds better. the only thing good about them is soundstage and imaging for the price

may not have them fully powered… they aren’t detail champs for sure but the 9500 does have more detail retrieval than 9600 naturally this is due to the fact that 9600 is more of a warm signature while 9500 is the brighter signature… as such with treble adds levels of detail

regardless, the 9500 can sound essentially the same as 9600 through a simple pad swap… meanwhile 9600 has the issue with inverted pad adapters and to my knowledge still is incapable of proper pad swapping

1 Like

OK, I’m on my second pair of the X3 this week, and both have acted the same way. Which makes me think I’m missing something about attaching the cable. Either I have no sound, or only one channel works, quietly. Tried both cables. Tried other cables I have at home that are similar connections and they are the only ones I get any sound out of. Is it a bad batch from the factory? Or am I missing something? Like, there’s a small black “ring” around the outer connector on the cable that almost looks like it comes off. Almost. Does it? Is this the reason I get no sound? AAAAHHHH!!!

Upon further review…There is a barely legible L & R on the connectors to the cans, and if they’re not in the proper sides there’s no sound. Exciting.

Do you have a multimeter at home so you could see how the Pinout is?
Because of how you did describe it it sounds like they don’t use the normal tip sleeve Pinout

Nope, don’t have one. Like my edit says, apparently the cable has to be used one way. And I’m assuming it’s some proprietary thing that is the only one that works with the cans. I have a couple of different cables I use with my Hifiman 400i and they look like the same kind of pins as the Fidelio cables, but they don’t work right at all. The sound isn’t terrible now that I have them working. I do get what people are complaining about with them, brighter than the old X2. But I can deal with that.

@Falenkor I saw earlier in this thread that you stated your ears were touching the insides of the pads for the X3 and that someone with taller ears would likely not find them comfortable. I’ve been looking at the X3s and I was curious on how tall your ears are? That way I could compare them to mine and see if they might be a good fit.

On a second note, if the X3s fit my ears, I am able to get them for about $135. A while back I had commented on your competitive headphone guide and you recommended the K702. I know both of these headphones are known for having large soundstages and that the K702 has some imaging issues but also that the X3 seemed to improve on imaging with good gear. I have a Schit Fulla E, and was curious between the two which one would you advise? I play OW2 mainly with some Apex, Fortnite, Hunt, and Destiny 2 PvP mixed in there. I currently use SHP 9500s with the Brainwavz XL Microsuede Gaming Pads (the stock were too itchy, I didn’t mind the treble of the SHP with the Fulla, just couldn’t stand the pads). I also plan on getting an SMSL C200 in the future.