Philips SHP-9600 Officially Announced

Philips back in the budget game, I hope they haven’t changed too much overall

Philips SHP-9600

3 Likes

Not in the market for them but they look slex.

4 Likes

I’ll buy them and compare them to the of that would be nice

2 Likes

what are these expected to go for? I see the 9500’s are about $75 USD.

how are they different from the 9500’s they’re likely replacing?

1 Like

No idea, the info is just getting posted on the official site.
I would assume the price would be close, probably $100 or less.
Theyre still using 50mm drivers, so who knows it could just be a reshell with the same drivers as 9500s

really looking foward to these. they look awesome

1 Like

these are semi-open?

but release date when?? lol also that headband doesn’t look all too comfortable

These should be full open back like the 9500s

Release date unknown but I expect it to be within the next month or so.
Tbh I think that is the exact same headband as the 9500s lol

had to zoom in. Okay yeah pretty much the same but looks like they are using a different finer fabric this time around. It looked like a plastic flap at first when I zipped past it lol

1 Like

I just hope it has some clamp. i sent back the original 9500 for that reason.

Ive always believed that as technology moves forward headphones would get more and more impressive. I believe ive experienced that recently with the Helios being as detailed, big and lively sounding as they are. Also with the Beyerdinamic Tygr 300. I also hear its very detailed and fantastic sounding. I’m very interested in the new headphones coming out lately!

Why would you want a hard clamp on a open back or semi open back? Normally, I come to expect a hefty clamp on the closed back due to what they are designed for.

1 Like

Good clamp just sounds better to me. even on a open headphone

1 Like

Hmm, think were opposites a bit on that. Probably just me though. To much clamp hurts on my jaw line. Think I have an issue with heavier clamping headphones.

1 Like

the shp9500 and the koss 95x have no clamp. you may like those

haven’t bothered with the 95x just yet. Haven’t ever used an electrostatic headphone been meaning too. Meanwhile I own the 9500 as well as the x2 hr.

1 Like

I don’t really like the way the SHPs sound, but they are very comfortable.

100% agree. Loved my SHP9500 but the clamp force was so light they would always feel like they were going to slide or fall off if I even turned my head too quickly. Not saying they need to be like the 6XX or anything but yeah.

1 Like

or the 58x lol. has more clamp than any headphone ive tried. defs good headphones for a head banger